Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 12:39 AM Last edited by summersong86 : 21st Dec 2009 at 5:07 AM.
I'm having a problem that I can not edit my saved world now. I exited a version I didn't like without saving and tried to reload my previously saved version. The game didn't appear frozen. I could select tools like add a road or intersection or any of the terrain brushes. I just couldn't seem to get them to do their thing on my island. Weird. This happened with a previous prototype. I gave up on it and started fresh. So I don't know how to work my way out of this problem on a land mass I really want to keep.

Edit, nevermind. Rebooting the tool seems to free it back up. This sort of thing used to happen to me in Ulead Photoshop, too much memory got eaten up saving each stage of work for the undo history. Perhaps the same thing is happening with CAW.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 11:50 AM
I have a strange problem. Caw is strangely working fine and edit in game is fine too.
But, (in sims 3 is always but ), loaded world in edit in game have a strange world on it... it is some world that i worked before, but i deleted it. and it is overlaying my new world. i tryed several times with new worlds, it looks like some old tiny world is on my new world.. and it is ugly and pissing me off!!! and its bugging me!!!!

Is it only me? or does someone has that problem too???
Test Subject
#28 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 1:32 PM
Help!
this is pic of my problem!! help me!!!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#29 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 3:04 PM
I have a strange problem, it is difficult to describe.

In edit-in-game I placed a rrebuilt lot. When I bulldoze that while playing the neighbourhood it still shows the buildings in town-mode (not just edit town, I mean the mode when you zoom out to see the whole town). Even when I place a new building, the zoom-out-look does not change.

Also my home lot looks empty from above, even though it isn't.
Test Subject
#30 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Asanna
I have a strange problem. Caw is strangely working fine and edit in game is fine too.
But, (in sims 3 is always but ), loaded world in edit in game have a strange world on it... it is some world that i worked before, but i deleted it. and it is overlaying my new world. i tryed several times with new worlds, it looks like some old tiny world is on my new world.. and it is ugly and pissing me off!!! and its bugging me!!!!

Is it only me? or does someone has that problem too???

I think I had that problem too. My Sunset Valley got borked. Had to reinstall everything.
Test Subject
#31 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Casanova9912
I think I had that problem too. My Sunset Valley got borked. Had to reinstall everything.

i did reinstall CAW three times.. no change. i hate it i did build so beautiful worlds!!!!!
so.. u reinstalled all?? base game and WA???

please GOD!!! i hate patching and reinstalling and all EA tweaking and phreaking.
Test Subject
#32 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 3:32 PM
i did reinstall CAW three times.. no change. i hate it i did build so beautiful worlds!!!!!
so.. u reinstalled all?? base game and WA???

please GOD!!! i hate patching and reinstalling and all EA tweaking and phreaking.

Yes, I reinstalled everything, including CAW.
And I hate it too. Too many patches.

With the Sims 2 one could copy the neighbourhoods from the install folder and overwrite, but I could not find one there (maybe I'm blind).
Test Subject
#33 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 3:44 PM
Yes, I reinstalled everything, including CAW.
And I hate it too. Too many patches.

With the Sims 2 one could copy the neighbourhoods from the install folder and overwrite, but I could not find one there (maybe I'm blind).

AGH... so it worked?? no more floating worlds?
Test Subject
#34 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 3:44 PM
AGH... so it worked?? no more floating worlds?

I never had that problem, but I guess (lot floating, or do you mean the frankesteinized neighbourhood?). The floating worlds surely come from a borked world file thingy somewhere.
If one can not overwrite that by copying, one has to "overwrite" it by reinstalling.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 8:03 PM
Grid rotation has a bug.

Paintbrushes in the Terrain Paint feature only face one direction, no matter which way the grid is rotated. This means the square brush can only be used in two directions. Up and down. If you take it anywhere else on the grid that requires it to move at an angle it can't be rotated and you end up with a jagged (sawtooth) edge instead of straight. Oddly enough, if the the round brush is used instead the same jagged edge will show up as well.

The exact same thing happens if you try to dig a valley at an angle across the grid. You end up with jagged edges.

I know it probably says somewhere that the grid is for placement of lots and roads, but it stands to reason (well, my reasoning anyway) that the grid should also rotate to accomodate terrain-based functions.

Anyway, I think that's the biggest problem I've come across so far.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Test Subject
#36 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 11:35 PM
The only problem I've found is that it won't load Edit in Game if I have any trees on the map. It just closes before it's done loading.
Test Subject
#37 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 9:23 AM
I never had that problem, but I guess (lot floating, or do you mean the frankesteinized neighbourhood?). The floating worlds surely come from a borked world file thingy somewhere.
If one can not overwrite that by copying, one has to "overwrite" it by reinstalling.

thank you ..
reinstalling worked.
it works perfectly... but i lost my pretty worlds now...
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 8:29 PM
for some reason whenever i go to sculpt the terrain, it wont show me what im doing and the terrain goes blue. It is very annoying, is anyone else experiencing this?
Eminence Grise
#39 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 10:31 PM
Won't show you what you're doing? I wonder if that's a system specs issue... your comp isn't able to render fast enough to give feedback on what the brush did. It's relatively slow and unresponsive on my comp, which is a pretty high-end gaming rig. What kind of processor and graphics card do you have?
Test Subject
#40 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 2:17 AM
I can't add lots at all. Once I do, I can neither save or edit in game. It's really frustrating, and I've reinstalled it many times and deleted the cache and nothing. I don't know what I am doing wrong.
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 6:02 PM
I wondered why I was getting jagged edges on my river valley! I really hate the way it looks. So its a problem with the grid. Has anyone found a solution or is it another EA fail?
Instructor
#42 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 3:43 PM
Sometimes when trying to paint, sculpt or create routing, then rotating the camera, the brush dissapears and doesn't reappear. I have to load CAW again.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 3:32 AM
I don't think this is a bug necessarily but when you export the same world more then once into your game it only remembers the first one. I removed the WorldCaches files and removed DCCache files but it still says the world is installed.
Test Subject
#44 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 7:07 PM
When I want to save world with any lots on it my pc crashes (I've got BSOD) and when I try to open world with lots on it CAW just says the file is corrupted (but it is entirely OK). I had reinstalled program but it is still going this way. I'm just going to hate those EAxis stuffs.
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 6:13 PM
SBE, I had to uninstall the world from the launcher and then the second one worked fine. But I do find it easier just to change the name or add a number to the name.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 5:49 AM Last edited by bakafox : 23rd Jan 2010 at 5:52 AM. Reason: Remembered some things
I mostly have issues with the way the grid/terrain seems to do rubberband effects: I have a perfectly placed lot, the edges are conforming to surrounding terrain. I place another lot within five tiles of it- one or other or BOTH lots will suddenly have edges that do not conform with the terrain. The tool seems to not like lots placed near each other, OR near hills or roads that do not conform to square grid layout entirely. Fixing one spot on a map with lots of hills and closely placed lots is almost guaranteed by my experiences to bork another, or even mess up a *chain* of lots. The conform edges button does not fix this, nor does holding ALT while moving a lot around- sometimes it fixes a lot, sometimes the lot keeps the bad edge or the bad edge just swaps sides, and sometimes nearby road develops clipping or another nearby lot develops or has edge problems switch sides.

With Windows 7 I have encountered a problem where if CAW has been running for a while, and has been minimized or shunted to the background fairly often, it begins to open ALL internal CAW menus such as where you'd enter lot types after placing a fresh lot as minimized and UNrestorable. They get shunted behind CAW, and I can NOT get them to come to the front to make any selections or hit "OK" or "Cancel". I have to right click and close them in my task bar, and then either use a non-popup method of making selections or entering addresses, or to save progress and reboot CAW entirely.

Also- I do have issues where exported worlds I test cannot be restored from a save in Sims 3. So if I save a sample game on my world, and then shut down Sims 3 and wander off, when I return, I cannot access the saved game, getting an error message about missing expansion objects or WA not being installed.

Oh, and renaming the world and adding numbers does NOT always work for letting one reinstall a new version. I've always had to uninstall the old version of a world, then delete it from downloads in the launcher before installing a new version, even though I change the world names and have even experimented with changing the file names.
Test Subject
#47 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 9:16 PM
After I've built my new World with CAW and have imported it. I've been testing the workld. In every import my carpools to work and the school bus get stuck and do not transport my Sims to work or school, or back home. I've been testing my new World and not all the Sims get stuck. Some Sims from the same house get stuck and some will go, but then that same Sim might not be able to come back home. I have been over the roads so many times I'm to the point of just rebuilding all of them. All connections seem fine... however the taxi nor the bicycles get stuck. Anyone have any suggestions? I did several searches and I haven't seen the issue here, let me know if I should look in another place.
Inventor
#48 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 2:18 PM
I've had 3 crashes of CAW so far, each time I was putting down a road or sidewalk. I've come to the habbit of saving my game before and after putting down any roads, just a friendly heads up.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
#49 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 5:13 PM
I'm having a strange problem with carpools. This only happens to a few lots and it doens't happen all of the time. The carpool will come to the lot and the sim gets in the car. Then the car just sits there with the sim inside. I have tried rebuilding the roads and replacing the lots but nothing seem to fix it. I always rebuild the route data before I export and all of my roads are connected. Anyone else seeing this in their new worlds?
Banned
#50 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 9:59 PM
This has probably been mentioned, but when editing-in-game, DO NOT EVER EVER EVER EVER try to click something near a placed-in-CAW item. For example, Abu Simbel. The game will try to pick it up and crash, losing everything you changed since you loaded it in-game.
Page 2 of 3