Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

T-Apartments - 13br, 20ba

by Shoosh Malooka Posted 16th Oct 2010 at 3:30 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2010 at 1:37 PM by Shoosh Malooka : Important Information

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Inventor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 3:59 PM
Damn,its big D: Thanks .
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 4:38 PM
Kind of random, but I see like a number pattern going on there with the front of the building. Don't know if it was intentional or not.
Test Subject
#4 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RedTele
Kind of random, but I see like a number pattern going on there with the front of the building. Don't know if it was intentional or not.
I see it 2! lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 4:52 PM
Love these. thnx so much
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 5:08 PM
Yes, there is no intention there, and I tried to hide the number pattern with windows. Just one more squiggly would have made the difference. Luckily, there is a way for me to do it the better way for a future apartment for 30 sims.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 6:30 PM
Very creative can't wait to see your next invention.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 6:46 PM
Nice! It's really authentic. Thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 6:57 PM
Good GAWD!!! This must have taken forever to make!!! Good Job!!!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 7:17 PM
Not really... but it would have been much simpler to use Flabaliki's half walls, but noooo, I had to have it require no custom content. Thanks for your support. This lot is here to get the downloaders of it into the chaos of playing over eight sims.

The MultiOwnersDoors 2.0 by Flyby and Clemeaux are not required but strongly recommended ( World Adventures and High-End Lot Stuff are only needed for two of those doors, and all the doors are separate downloads ) to keep sims in their 'rented' area. If you can't use version 2.0 for some reason then the older MultiOwnersDoors 1.0 can be used with base game, patched. The problem with version 1.0 is that, afaik, they don't allow special service sims unless you give them a key, which will cancel once they leave the lot. This means that a fireperson can't get to the fire without your permission. SimBBQ, anyone?

If you don't use these doors then you are in for a strange experience, the apartments will be used like a 'pick a spot and live there' commune.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 7:46 PM
Very impressive! But man, I can barely play four Sims. Eight or more for me is out of the question. Great job, though...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 8:06 PM
I love, love, love, love, LOVE this! I've needed something like this but simply wasn't up to the challenge. Thank you SO MUCH!!!!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 10:20 PM
Really impressive. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 10:37 PM
This is great! The only problem I see is getting a family to move in to start as there is no way a new family will have that much money. I'll have to test this one out.
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by n8h@wk
This is great! The only problem I see is getting a family to move in to start as there is no way a new family will have that much money. I'll have to test this one out.
freerealestate Allows Sims to move into houses for free
Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 11:18 PM
I'd advise against using freerealestate. I've read somewhere that Sims 3 can't handle that much debt when an underfunded household moves into such an expensive lot with the cheat. This may or may not have been fixed in a patch. Instead, move the family to any other lot and use motherlode 14 times ( up arrow in the console will retype your last command ), then move them to T-Apartments.

Also, the household I provided 'Rental Ritzies' have enough money, but after they buy the place they will have to start work immediately for that first bill.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#17 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 12:11 AM
Snotty simoleons...I love it! Ha ha ha ha! Great concept and presentation. You obviously worked long and hard on this project and I commend you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 9:45 AM
Thanks ! I'm gonna use this.
Banned
#19 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 1:59 PM
Instead of motherlode, the family funds cheat is a lot faster and easier.
Test Subject
#20 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 6:45 PM
When ever you get a chance can you make a daycare for babys and toddlers
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 8:18 PM
I've gotta say, this is one hell of an upload. Kudos to the dedication - I get bored after doing three rooms! It looks pretty damn awesome - now to go and make some snobby sims, eh?

Muahahahah...
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#22 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 8:47 AM
Thanks guys. A daycare for babys and toddlers: It is glaringly obvious that I didn't give younger sims any recognition. That's why I said "Feel free to knock down the hill" to make room for your needs. My next lot is going to be similar and larger, in a C shape so that I can put childrens needs in the center. I would like to put it underground with the basement tool so that the area will seem more open.

But I don't want to update this lot. Please understand, I am sick of looking at it after making it and the next lot is being worked on to replace it as a bigger, better, prettier, sleeker option. Not a lot of time before Late Night is launched.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 9:31 AM
Is there a way to move more than 1 family into the complex?

As in like, 1 family per household/apartment?
Theorist
Original Poster
#24 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 11:47 AM
There is absolutely no way that I know of to have more than one household on a lot. They all must be in the same household. But members of a household can be related or not related, share last names or have different last names. Check with AwesomeMod to see if there is a way to assign relations in a household already in progress: ( http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php ) But to keep sims in one apartment unit you will use Flyby's doors ( see his download here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=422169 ). You will assign keys and anyone who does not have a key cannot enter the assigned door. But the units are rather small to have an entire family in one. I suggest knocking down some walls to make two adjacent units into one unit. Take care if you choose to knock down the short walls, replacing them is tough and I will not post any help on replacing them.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#25 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 8:54 PM
Well done, looks fine
Page 1 of 3