Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 2nd May 2011 at 2:41 AM
My the sims medieval is updated to 1.3 version and I have the first watcher level, but the unlocker mod don't work. Howerver, the editincas mod is working( I saw it now).

And thanks for the advice, I removed the dynamicprofessions.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 3rd May 2011 at 7:02 PM
Thank you VERY much!!! xD
Test Subject
#53 Old 18th May 2011 at 7:32 PM
Thanks so much for writing this easy tutorial!! I am in the midst of the dreaded Lupus Brain Fog and even I understood it! Thank you so much. I'm happy I can have mods and such now. =D
Test Subject
#54 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 1:54 PM
Thanks
Thanks Rockerduck for such clear instruction

Can just add that if you are playing this on Steam then the program install is found at

Program files > Steam > Steam apps > Common (Or your user name)

If this is old news then apologies - As a person new to Steam I just spent an age looking for this
Test Subject
#55 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 1:18 PM
Thanks! I've tried it, and It's helpful to me!

(sorry, I'm stil new here.)
Test Subject
#56 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 3:54 AM
It is not working. I went in to The Sims Medieval folder and I made a Mods folder and in that was Packages.
I extracted the resources and put it in The Sim Medieval.
I extracted the dll and put it in The Sims Medieval/Game/Bin
I extracted the mod * Medieval_Female_Skins.package.zip (3364.98 KB - downloaded 22 times.) and put in it Packages and yet it is not working.
I did download this thing before I started playing to make it so I don't need a disc because my drive broke after I played it for the first time but I wouldn't think that would effect it at all.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 5:05 PM
Default A thanks for Rockerduck
Thanks man

DUTCH TRANSLATOR FOR MODS
Do you have a mod? I can translate this to Dutch, PM me.
Test Subject
#58 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 7:44 PM
Default Where is the debug enabler file please?
I have searched the forum and cannot find the debug enabler file for The Sims Medieval. Can someone point me to it?

Thanks so much.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 10:53 PM
The Debug Enabler is here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=437510

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Field Researcher
#60 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 10:33 AM
be 'directory' packages are in the folder?

DUTCH TRANSLATOR FOR MODS
Do you have a mod? I can translate this to Dutch, PM me.
Test Subject
#61 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 6:45 PM
Umm. Does the Debug Enabler 1.3 work for 2.0 or is an update for debug coming soon?
Mad Poster
#62 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 9:47 PM
No, it doesn't work. The Debug Enabler functions are included in Grimreefer's Core mod though. (They need to be turned on in Options.)

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#63 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 6:05 PM
but the problem is, it doesnt work
I put the Mods folder into the installation directory
downloaded the resources
and put the modfiles in.
But it doesnt work

BTW: I got the German vers.
Mad Poster
#64 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 6:59 PM
You've done everything as stated in message #1?
So you have the Mods\Packages folder. All the mod files go in Packages.
You've downloded the Resource.cfg from this thread and have it in TSM folder?
You've downloaded the d3dx9_31.dll from this thread, message #1, and have it in TSM\Game\Bin folder?

Test Subject
#65 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 8:28 PM
How do you Mean the resource.cfg in TSM? In which directory, its currently in /Electronic arts/The Sims Medieval/Mods/Packages

Where do i have to place it exactly?
Mad Poster
#66 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 11:09 PM
It goes in the folder: The Sims Medieval.

Test Subject
#67 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 11:21 PM
Now it works, thank you very much!
Test Subject
#68 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 9:45 PM
OK, I've been digging through these threads all day and I *cannot* figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I downloaded the DLL and stuck it in the right spot:

Got the resources.cfg where it's supposed to be:

(I tried both the less complex one at the start of this thread, and this more complex one I spotted in another thread.)

Got the mods in the right spot:

And despite everything, I got nothing:

(Yes, I checked all the other slider locations, nothing extra).

My version is the current version, 2.0.113, and while I know patches can be screwy, other posts I've read here seemed to indicate that these particular sliders still seemed to work. Am I horribly turned around here? Did I screw up despite triple-checking the steps in the first post? Am I missing something? I feel silly posting for help, but I seriously cannot figure out what's going wrong.

Thanks in advance!
Mad Poster
#69 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 9:52 PM
The file you have shown called resources is supposed to be titled "Resource.cfg". This needs to be exact, there is nothing titled "resources".

Test Subject
#70 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
The file you have shown called resources is supposed to be titled "Resource.cfg". This needs to be exact, there is nothing titled "resources".

THANK YOU. I'm so terrible at spotting typos, and now everything works like a charm.
Test Subject
#71 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 2:38 AM
I keep getting this message, i don't know what it means, i had the same message for these downloads too.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xzkiskazx
I keep getting this message, i don't know what it means, i had the same message for these downloads too.

I'm wondering if you are trying to unzip this directly into your Mods\Packages in your game installation? If so, don't do it this way. Extract the mod in it's own folder there in E:\Downloads (presuming this E: is a hard drive), and then copy the .package file into your Mods\Packages manually.

Otherwise the Access Denied issue can often be worked around by logging in as Administrator or by right-clicking and choosing "do this thing as Administrator".

Test Subject
#73 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
I'm wondering if you are trying to unzip this directly into your Mods\Packages in your game installation?

oo thats exactly what i was doing! lol thank you so much
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 2:12 AM
I do not understand this. what is my main install folder and what is my install folder. whats the difference? 3) Now you need to add a resources.cfg file to your [b]main TSM install folder[b], so the game knows you have mods and where to look for them. It is basically a text file that serves the same function it did in TS3 and contains the following:
Mad Poster
#75 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 3:34 PM
There is only one installation folder, the default one is C:\Program Files\ ElectonicArts\ The Sims Medieval. So it's referring to the folder The Sims Medieval.

Page 3 of 13