Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Twinbrook.world with Fixes applied

by ellacharmed Posted 25th Sep 2011 at 4:24 PM - Updated 3rd Jan 2013 at 6:54 AM by ellacharmed

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 10:08 PM
Thanks you so much for all the time and effort that went into creating this. I know all to well has painstaking it is to locate and repair EA problems in an existing world as I am undertaking it with Riverview to create a Mansfield world, instead of using my save file.

Thanks!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 9:28 PM
Thank you!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 8:49 PM
Thank you!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 1:24 AM
I just started playing Twinbrook today with your fix installed. The "hiccups" are very reduced, the problem I seem to have is that the roads keep disappearing. I know it's a mapping thing, or some other. I replaced the fix with the original and the roads are there...was wondering if you may know what might have happened?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 2:25 AM
Doing the regrading of the Roads have added some clipping on some systems, I've been told. See post#9 & #10 in http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=454885. Is that the spot where you're seeing it too?

If not, posting images may help. Otherwise I don't where to look to be able to do something about it, if I can.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 3:21 PM
Yes, those areas and pretty much the whole curved road (or at least where my Sims live) to the lower right of your photo in that post. As well as where the curved road "T's" with the road leading to the Military Base out of screen to the right; that intersection...fingers crossed =)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 3:37 PM
These are great, Thankyou so much! :D
I've downloaded all the worlds you have fix so far, they work a treat.
Just sent my man to Egypt, absolutely no problems at all so far.
You've made my game playable again :D
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 4:09 PM
@Sookielee, @ejnarts1, @Kessik, @ortwinomaar,
Just glad it help, guys. And not break things more.
Wonder if you all do not see the clipping and road tears as reported by others, what the difference is. Is it hardware and option settings, do you think?

@ejnarts1, the problem is I don't see what you see. And I don't know how to correct them or even where to correct.
What are the specs? CPU, RAM and GPU is fine, no need to do the whole DxDiag. And what settings do you have for Texture, Advanced Rendering and the like?
Test Subject
#10 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
@Sookielee, @ejnarts1, @Kessik, @ortwinomaar,
Just glad it help, guys. And not break things more.
Wonder if you all do not see the clipping and road tears as reported by others, what the difference is. Is it hardware and option settings, do you think?

These are my game setting, I took them from a website that compared the best settings for playing. I've used these setting from the start when Sims 3 came out.
Enable Object Hiding: Off
Enable Reflections : On
Edge Smoothing: Low
Visual Effects: Medium
Lighting and shadows: Medium ( mirror/ water)
Tree Detail: Medium
Enable Animation Smoothing : On
Enable Advanced Rendering : Off
Draw Distance: High
High Detail Lots: 1
Texture Detail: Medium
Sim Detail: High

I have a basic midrange Inspiron 6400.
My game is running like a dream now. I haven't seen any anomolies people are reporting. Been playing in Twinbrook, China and Egypt all afternoon. I have a couple of Twallans Mods as well, Overwatch and Master Controller.
Thanks again! :D
Instructor
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 11:38 AM Last edited by ejnarts1 : 22nd Oct 2011 at 6:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
@ejnarts1, the problem is I don't see what you see. And I don't know how to correct them or even where to correct.
What are the specs? CPU, RAM and GPU is fine, no need to do the whole DxDiag. And what settings do you have for Texture, Advanced Rendering and the like?

Hi ella,
I can see how that would be a problem =) Some pics for ya (facing City Hall would be N):

(Residential bend, Green/Eco house in upper L corner, around the Hospital, looking W down Main street, near the pool/comm. garden)

(To Goth Estate, looking East, to the military base, looking E on upper most residential hill-westside)

Game Option Specs:

System Specs:

The clipping changes in areas with how much I'm zoomed in or out as you can see in the pics.

I tried running with lower game specs; renderings off...the rest med. to low, and the clipping still occurs...hope this helps. And thanks again.
Instructor
#12 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 6:42 AM Last edited by ejnarts1 : 23rd Oct 2011 at 9:58 AM.
....sorry. My ignorance. This was merely a lower graphic effect =S
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 6:55 AM
Can you include the Graphics Card info, please? Hunting down the model number would mean I'd need to spend time to do searches...
Instructor
#14 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 8:49 AM
....sorry 'bout that:

In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 3:13 AM
When you tweak those options, nothing changes road-clipping-wise? Removing options.ini (under Docs\EA\TS3 in Finder) and retweaking the Options with a new file reset to defaults also has no difference? Toggling between fullscreen and windowed has no effect, either?

You're on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or Lion 10.7.2? If not either of those, which versions exactly?
Instructor
#16 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 7:37 AM
No. No. And no. Yes, Snow Leopard 10.6.8 And this was the first I've seen of this; less a clip than a tear:

It goes away depending on the camera angle.

And again, I really do appreciate this =) Thanks.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 10:27 AM
I am having that same thing happening in Twinbrook, I reset my ingame graphics to all te highest to see if that fixes it when I log in again, so I will let you know.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 5:02 PM
Where on the map is that tear exactly, @ejnarts1?
Confirming you don't get these issues in the original, unfixed version, correct?

Same spots, @Mandelyn? And same road clipping/tears on different zoom/viewpoints?

I might just redo all the fixes, and just lay off the road regrading parts. I wonder though if the different CAW versions have any part in causing these.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 10:52 PM Last edited by Whismerhill : 23rd Feb 2012 at 9:47 AM.
hi, thanks for the files
I installed twinbrook world & checked installation with said military base road => install ok

However I had a preexisting gamesave in twinbrook with a single active family in the swamp, (not enough money, cheapest terrain lol)
and now I see a step like border between owned terrain & public road. Is this expected behavior ?

sidenotes: maximum gfx settings on GTX470, & does not change depending on angle (although it's barely visible from the opposite angle )

EDIT: I don't know why my next post didn't show up... ho well have to redo it then I guess

I answered my own question : yes it is expected behavior, it does this with new saves too, don't know why though as I went into CAW & the said border doesn't exist there !... ho well not such an issue
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 6th May 2012 at 1:34 PM
Awesome! And awesome Macbeth reference!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#21 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 2:53 PM Last edited by babele44 : 27th Jun 2012 at 12:59 AM.
I just installed this fix of yours and now have the same issues like ejnarts1, namely disappearing roads. I noticed it in the area between the beach lot and the science centre, road textures pop in and out depending on my zoom level and from very close they are completely gone.
My specs: i7 3770, 8GB RAM, GeForce GTX 570

Settings are
Reflection: Mirrors&Water
Edge Smoothing: Medium
Visual Effects: High
Lighting: High
Trees: Medium
Draw Distance: High
High Detail Lots: 6
Texture: High
Sim Detail: Very High

ETA: Maybe this is related because I also noticed that all trashcans on the central park lot were hovering above ground (maybe 1 tick) as soon as the fixed world was installed.
#22 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 9:51 AM Last edited by babele44 : 13th Aug 2012 at 11:21 AM.
These are various pictures of the things I noticed while your world fix was installed:

(1) Disappearing road textures - all done near the diner and beach lot:

same moment with a slightly altered tilt and zoom level:

(2) lots raised higher than the world terrain (this is the Curious residential lot):

(3) floating trashcans (big park here). Removing the fix sets the ground right again and trashcans don't float anymore.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 4:54 PM
I'm gonna have to redo and fix my noob mistakes. All those I did before Appaloosa Plains (Sunset Valley is done and uploaded. Just the 3 WA, Bridgeport and this one). Thanks for the pics and reports!

The road thing is understandable as I have regraded the Roads, but the floating trashcan is weird. That does not seem like an area I've touched. But I'll check it out soon.

I just dunno if I want to go through the hassle now or wait for Nov when whatever EA is changing to fit all the seasonal changes into that Pack, and do all changes in one shot. Depending on how severe or whatever it is that got changed to work in Seasons.

If I do it now, I have to go through the same rounds in 4 months for all the worlds...all over again.

Or, do the most critical now and let the others languish until Nov? Which is then the "most critical" needing a do-over? Twinbrook or China?
#24 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 11:43 PM
No problem for me. I can wait until November Twinbrook seems to be the more critical one, as Pets seems to have broken the access to several residential lots and your fix fixed that falwlessly. I play the Curious lot there and without the fix the schoolbus will not come anymore, I guess it's because of the icecream truck which arrives shortly before. With your fix the truck parks somewhere further off and the schoolbus will come.
China, I don't know. I haven't actually noticed any big difference between the fix and the original. The most severe problem with stuck Sims at the Dragon Springs lot remains the same in both. And as the stuck ones usually face the side of that huge mountain, I guess this is where they want to go, which is, of course, impossible unless you level it
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#25 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 5:53 PM
::nab::bing this now, even though I don`t have Ambitions installed. ...yet!
Page 1 of 2