Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 11:41 PM
Hi, I've tried to use this to fix my game and I've tried the one on TSR too but its not working either because I couldn't find the right granny2.dll for the TSR version and the one linked here just doesn't seem to work at all.
Can anyone please help me out? I'm not too sure what I'm doing so the granthes one isn't so great due to lack of proper instructions and I really just want to be able to play my game!

I even removed a lot of custom content and after this didn't work, I turned it off in the game launcher and it still crashed when I went back to my Town view after building a Community lot for the second time (and lost it again!)

Please help me
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 28th Dec 2011 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Grant has uploaded on his forum a tool that fixes the rig issues with objects in Pets. He's looking for testers. Here: http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums/in....0.html#msg1995

is this link correct? I clicked it and for some reason i cant register... please excuse me, i am very new here.. as you can see this is my first post, lol and i really am not comp savvy. I am trying to fix some of my cc, there is one piece that i MUST have for my machinima that i am making, but it just wont work. (i really hope i posted this right)
Test Subject
#28 Old 28th Dec 2011 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by avidsimmer
is this link correct? I clicked it and for some reason i cant register... please excuse me, i am very new here.. as you can see this is my first post, lol and i really am not comp savvy. I am trying to fix some of my cc, there is one piece that i MUST have for my machinima that i am making, but it just wont work. (i really hope i posted this right)

I'm trying to get there too.You can't do anything for now,because of the maintenance mode....but it should be available since yesterday.....little awkward,don't you agree?
Test Subject
#29 Old 28th Dec 2011 at 2:34 PM
Is this still the only way to correct the issues with custom content in Pets? What a pain... No offense to the author of this program intended, it's a much needed fix for the community and I appreciate it. It's just frustrating that EA would pull a switch like this--despite the fact that the new format is less complicated--without releasing their OWN tools to help fix the breaking of custom content.

Anyway, off to download some stuff and give it a whirl...
Test Subject
#30 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 6:30 AM
Hey folks, noob-style question here:
I downloaded the tool and made a shortcut and everything, but the problem is that a lot of what I want to fix is in a .Sims3Pack format, and when I try to extract them using 7zip, I just get an error.

Also, I have a lot of .packages, but I don't have them organized into furniture/CAS parts/core mods. Am I able to just grab them all and drag all of my .packages onto the icon, or will it break things that aren't objects?
Test Subject
#31 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 9:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skopz
Hey folks, noob-style question here:
I downloaded the tool and made a shortcut and everything, but the problem is that a lot of what I want to fix is in a .Sims3Pack format, and when I try to extract them using 7zip, I just get an error.

Also, I have a lot of .packages, but I don't have them organized into furniture/CAS parts/core mods. Am I able to just grab them all and drag all of my .packages onto the icon, or will it break things that aren't objects?

According to Grant, the tool should be safe for - as he put it - 99.999% of all custom content.

.sims3pack files are extracted with Delphy's tool here.
Test Subject
#32 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 1:11 AM
Ok then, I cant seem to get this working. I did exactly what was said downloaded it, created a shortcut to the desk top, then drag my sims3 package files across on to the RigFix however when that happens I get a message saying Im missing the granny2.dll file however I have this! I thought I may have the wrong one so I tried a few different ones but still no luck =[ someone please help if they can its driving me mad!
Alchemist
#33 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grizzlybear7
Ok then, I cant seem to get this working. I did exactly what was said downloaded it, created a shortcut to the desk top, then drag my sims3 package files across on to the RigFix however when that happens I get a message saying Im missing the granny2.dll file however I have this! I thought I may have the wrong one so I tried a few different ones but still no luck =[ someone please help if they can its driving me mad!
The download itself contains everything it needs to make it work correctly when you make a shortcut and then drag/drop .packages onto it. Are you trying to rigfix .packages or Sim3Packs? This tool only works on .package. If you're trying to convert Sim3Packs see the post directly above your first one. If you're trying to convert .package and are still having trouble you could post in the tool thread at Grant's site to get help. The link is:

http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums/in....0.html#msg1995
Test Subject
#34 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 11:35 AM
Hi, I haven't played Sims 3 in ages and just found out I can't use my old CC anymore...is it still possible to download this tool somehwere?
Instructor
#35 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aye
Hi, I haven't played Sims 3 in ages and just found out I can't use my old CC anymore...is it still possible to download this tool somehwere?

I was able to recover the tool from an old backup and you can download it from my sims3 site here --> http://sims3.the-prof.net/2014/08/rigfix/

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Test Subject
#36 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 12:32 AM
Link to the bed fix tutorial is dead, does anyone have a copy or remember the procedure?
Inventor
#37 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 8:23 AM
Test Subject
#38 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 3:13 PM
Thanks Arsil just the job,beds fixed :D
Instructor
#39 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 2:24 PM
I cannot get the TSR tool to work; my granny DLL won't install properly. I tried the link above to the alternate tool, and the webpage no longer exists. I have a ton of cc chairs and tables that I'd love to fix; any ideas? I have version 1.67 of the game on my PC, and many EPs and SPs, including Pets.

goderguy
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 11:38 AM
Does anyone have the bed fixer tutorial now? Links above are dead?
Test Subject
#41 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sita
Does anyone have the bed fixer tutorial now? Links above are dead?

Links still dead...
Test Subject
#42 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 9:18 PM Last edited by Koorime : 25th Feb 2020 at 5:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by jellal_fernandes
Links still dead...

it's on the internet archive. (bless the internet archive)
https://web.archive.org/web/2013051...1/10/RigFix.zip
Page 2 of 2