Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#51 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 9:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lipglosschaos
Yes, that's fine. Let me know what country you'd like, but you should decide quickly! And if you can, try to choose countries that are in areas of the world we haven't seen yet. This won't be much fun if it's just Asia's Next Top Model

Cool, I'm taking China. I think there's quite a lot of European contestants already...
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 9:49 AM Last edited by LadyAwesome : 16th Dec 2011 at 9:30 AM.
Name: Vitória Azevedo
City and Country of Birth: Rio Verde, Federative Republic of Brazil.
A Brief Description of your Heritage: Portuguese, Indian and European decent. Both mt parents were born and raised in Brazil.
A Short Bio: Born and raised in Rio Verde, with my younger brother and my parents. I love to dance,travel and see the unknown. When I am not doing modeling jobs, I help out with my mamãe with pharmaceuticals. Which someday, I hope, I can find cures for all sorts of infections/diseases.
What do you love about your country? What I love the most about Brazil, is the the variability of art, where it derives from the body of dance to the color of the trees. It is exotic, enchanting, mesmerizing, wild but yet civilized. We are also bio-diverse. Which provides us with clean water, fertile soil, among other things.

Question: Why do you believe you were chosen to represent your country in the Miss World competition, and what image of your heritage do you wish to present to the rest of the world? I was chosen to represent my country because I have the drive, passion and attitude to make things happen. Support our beleifs, religion and economic goals. I am here to share our cultural diversity, to prove that you can have curves and still be beautiful. Also to share the color and artistic spirit we all have living in us.
Agradeço-vos

Dance practice.

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 10:40 AM
I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to this kinda stuff but this seems like so much fun! I really want to give it a go. Trying to decide between two countries since those are the only two I've spent a length of time in that haven't been taken and I'd like to try to make things easier for myself, lol.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 10:50 AM
I live in NZ and have never been anywhere else lol except Australia lol

Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#55 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sif
I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to this kinda stuff but this seems like so much fun! I really want to give it a go. Trying to decide between two countries since those are the only two I've spent a length of time in that haven't been taken and I'd like to try to make things easier for myself, lol.

It's easier to choose the country you've never been in, because it's not hard to notice facial features of a human which you don't see very often. Google image search could give you good example pictures of any people (even bushmen or eskimo).
When you choose your usual country, it's much harder, because all faces could look just "normal" to you, and if you can't find anything than stands out - it will be hard to make unique face.
This is what I did with my Indian model, I've never been near India and I didn't saw many Indian people in my whole life, but I tried to look up for some "common" faces and my Sim came out wonderful

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#56 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 10:43 PM Last edited by lipglosschaos : 17th Dec 2011 at 4:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAwesome
Name: Vitória Azevedo
City and Country of Birth: Rio Verde, Federative Republic of Brazil.
A Brief Description of your Heritage: Portuguese, Indian and European decent. Both mt parents were born and raised in Brazil.
I'm not able to see your photos, LadyAwesome. I'm getting the dreaded "Image Not Available" message!

Zebra Maxidress in 5 Colors

I made a tutorial! Check it out here.
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#57 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 11:16 PM
I'm not able to see your photos, LadyAwesome. I'm getting the dreaded "Image Not Available" message!

That could be because of your browser settings, check if there's anything in Block section. I could see the images perfectly.
Once I wasn't able to see images from modyourpanties because my browser randomly blocked them.

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Theorist
#58 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 2:16 AM Last edited by vhanster : 18th Dec 2011 at 3:32 PM.
Name: Selena Li Sen Lin ( 黎森林 )
City and Country of Birth: Guang Zhou, China
A Brief Description of your Heritage: 100% Chinese
A Short Bio: Greetings, my name is Sen Lin, but you may refer to me by my English name- Selena. I was born in the city of Guang Zhou, and spent most of my childhood there; however, I moved to Hong Kong to pursue higher education, and I am currently a student in The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology.

What do you love about your country? China is one of the richest countries in the world, and not without reason. The Chinese are known for their intelligence, and their perseverance. They know how to use the talents and resources they are given to achieve their goals, and they do not falter when faced with hardships along the process. Whether it is a pursuit in art, music, academic, or business, the Chinese's ability to maximize their results are truly astounding.

Question: Why do you believe you were chosen to represent your country in the Miss World competition, and what image of your heritage do you wish to present to the rest of the world? I was chosen for my skills and personality. I am born with various talents but, not only that, I have the desire to develop them and make the best use of them. I want to show that we Chinese have ambition, we have integrity, and we can shine bright without having to resort to illegal actions.

Head Shot

Body Shot

Creative Shot
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 4:04 AM
I live in NZ and have never been anywhere else lol except Australia lol

Lol, I'm in Australia and I've never been to NZ even though it's so close!

Quote: Originally posted by Elexis
It's easier to choose the country you've never been in, because it's not hard to notice facial features of a human which you don't see very often. Google image search could give you good example pictures of any people (even bushmen or eskimo).
When you choose your usual country, it's much harder, because all faces could look just "normal" to you, and if you can't find anything than stands out - it will be hard to make unique face.
This is what I did with my Indian model, I've never been near India and I didn't saw many Indian people in my whole life, but I tried to look up for some "common" faces and my Sim came out wonderful

That's a great point. I was determined to run with my own country (Australia) but the more I thought about it, the harder it seemed. Not just the making of the sim but also representing my country itself using the sim model and pictures. I'd end up with kangaroos on a beach and that's about it, lol.

I'll go with the pretty Japanese sim I made and I just got back from there so it shouldn't be too hard.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 4:54 AM
I was going to change mine to Japan (remember Lyla?) :p
but, yeah, India is good... need to make creative shot now :p

My girl was in MAKE ME A MODEL! contest by missroxor

check out my facebook rp account and my tumblr for pictures
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 6:34 AM Last edited by Sif : 19th Dec 2011 at 3:46 AM.
Name: Emi Matsumoto
City and Country of Birth: Nakano, Japan
A Brief Description of your Heritage: Japanese

A Short Bio: I'm the middle child in my family, having an older sister and a younger brother. I was going to follow my parents into the medical profession but discovered my passion for photography in my early teens. While it took some time to gain the approval of my parents, they gave me their blessing to study the arts. After a small modelling stint to help me raise funds to pay for my education, I discovered that I enjoy being in front of a lens as much as I like being behind it!

What do you love about your country?
The sights and bright lights of Tokyo to the serenity of the mountains and countryside draw me in not only as a budding photographer but as a person wanting to experience everything life has to offer.

Question: Why do you believe you were chosen to represent your country in the Miss World competition, and what image of your heritage do you wish to present to the rest of the world?

I believe I was chosen for this role because I'm a strong, confident woman who has the ability and the want to show the world everything that Japan and our people have to offer. I'd like to share with the world not only the strength and dedication of the Japanese people but also the many aspects of our unique and fascinating culture. I love my country and I hope to express that in this competition.

Headshot:

Bodyshot:

Creative shot:
Forum Resident
#62 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 7:56 AM
OMG SIF! yours is my favorite so far :D

Lab Assistant
#63 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 10:39 AM
SIF!!!!! THAT'S TOO AMAZING!!!!!!! I should just withdraw now --;

kidding

UPDATE :D

My girl was in MAKE ME A MODEL! contest by missroxor

check out my facebook rp account and my tumblr for pictures
Forum Resident
#64 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 10:43 AM
Can everyone see my entry ok.

and do you know how awkward it feels to enter a beauty pageant? I am so going to fail this.... lol maybe I should judge, I am good at that haha

Test Subject
#65 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 11:45 AM Last edited by lovelydia101 : 18th Dec 2011 at 6:19 AM.
Name: Jessica Walker

City and Country of Birth: Gympie, Australia

A Brief Description of your Heritage: Scottish and French

A Short Bio: I was born on January 11,1991. I have modeled for Dollie and other Australian magazines only until now have I been asked to go world wide. Becoming a model was never a big thing for me when I was a little girl. Since I was raised by my father because my mother died in childbirth. At the age of 13 I found out my mother was a model and a pageant winner so that's when I decided to become a model to follow in her foot steps.At the age of 15 I started to started to model in ads with the help of my father who often had to drive for hours to get me to places. Today I work on a farm for money to help with my courier.

What do you love about your country? It's a beautiful country with real laid back friendly people and i can promise you there's no country like Australia. Our nature is outstanding in itself from the blistering outback to the cold mountains in Tasmania it really is a remarkable place to be.

Question: Why do you believe you were chosen to represent your country in the Miss World competition, and what image of your heritage do you wish to present to the rest of the world? I am an outgoing and confident person i represent the attitude of this country I lie in. I believe i can put Australia back on the map to show people that this country is a great place to be.

Head Shot

Body Shot

Creative Shot
Test Subject
#66 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 11:51 AM
Hey Sorry For any spelling mistakes in my reply but I actually come from Australia i was about to do Germany though but i'm pretty proud to be an aussie.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 11:59 AM
@LadyAwesome - I can see it fine, don't worry. I know what you mean. I spend 90% of my time building and only play to play test a world usually. My usual sim-making skills are getting a townie and making them look more tolerable (less EA) and that's about it. Oh and to those new to the Pose Player, I only downloaded it 3 days ago so I'm right up there in the NOOB stakes in this one! I plan to have fun with this and learn lots from everyone else - even if I come last :-)
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 12:01 PM
Thank you, LadyAwesome and ngluvjj. I'm flattered, especially considering you both have very beautiful girls!!
I don't know much about modeling and it probably sounds silly but I was so nervous posting that, lol.

lovelydia101, wooo a cute Aussie girl! Nice to see even Tassie got a shout out. :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#69 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 12:24 PM
Great entries, everyone! I am excited about all the different types of countries we've got. If anyone is still struggling to find a country they'd like to represent, I recommend an *Eastern* European country- Hungary, Turkey, Bulgaria, etc. Just for more diversity.

Zebra Maxidress in 5 Colors

I made a tutorial! Check it out here.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 5:17 PM
Wow! I already know who miss world 2011 is xD lol Miss Japan! =P
Mad Poster
#71 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 8:00 PM
OMG SIF! yours is my favorite so far :D

I concur. Emi's beautiful, as are all the contestants. Glad to see more people joining! Can't wait for Round 2 to be posted tomorrow.

lipglosschaos, will we be allowed extensions for some rounds if needed?

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Field Researcher
#72 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 8:23 PM
Hmm, I swear it said the body shot didn't need to be on a white background but checking back it does. I must really be losing the plot! Will try and get another photo done. I stupidly spent AGES on that one :-( What time tomorrow will it need to be changed by?
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sandymdh
Hmm, I swear it said the body shot didn't need to be on a white background but checking back it does. I must really be losing the plot! Will try and get another photo done. I stupidly spent AGES on that one :-( What time tomorrow will it need to be changed by?

Wait a sec.... I don't understand! White Background Or NOT? I thought I read somewhere that it doesn't necessarely have to be on a white background! =S
Field Researcher
#74 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 8:48 PM
Me too. Must have changed after we posted our pics. I'm having a stress out now!
The other one
#75 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 10:55 PM
Great entries, everyone! I am excited about all the different types of countries we've got. If anyone is still struggling to find a country they'd like to represent, I recommend an *Eastern* European country- Hungary, Turkey, Bulgaria, etc. Just for more diversity.

I've been working on one that'll hopefully add a little diversity Just getting some feedback to help make her less EA-cartoonish since model making really is not my comfort zone, lol. Also, I really can't see me being finished by the initial deadline but you said you'd accept entries up until 23rd I think so that's what I'm aiming for. I'm not 100% settled on my country but I think I'm going for Saudi Arabia so please can I reserve that? Thanks.

PS Loving the entries so far, I know I won't be able to compete with most of you but it looks like a lot of fun with a good bunch of simmers so bring it on! :D

PS I still have a glitch that might stop me entering but I'm gonna work on fixing it, lol

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller

Page 3 of 8