Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 11:05 PM
You can do this, but you still need CAW and S3Pe. All you need to do is to make a blank (empty) world in CAW and give it the name, description and thumbnail that you want your world to have. This is your donor world. Save it.

Then open up this donor world file in S3Pe, and export the following:
WDDT: 0x0668F638- Contains world description.
TWNI: 0x0668F639- contains world thumbnail
TWNP: 0x0668F639- gives file path for location of TWNI
WDNM: 0xD9BD0909- World Name

Next, open your target world file (the world you want to rename) in S3Pe. Import the WDDT, TWNI, TWNP and WDNM files that you exported from the donor world. Select replace duplicates, compress. Click File> Save and close S3Pe.

Rename your target world file to that of the donor world. Now, your world has a new name, description and thumbnail image.

If you had your world already installed to your Installed Worlds folder then you should just be able to replace it with the renamed world to have the game recognise it as being installed. It will break your save games, however- for example, I renamed a world called Test.World to New.World, and the save games were greyed out (the game saw the world as being different now it was renamed, even though the WPID is identical and it still recognised it as being installed to the DCCache).

As always, backup any files before you change anything!

I don't think this will work for the EA worlds, since the world description and name are referenced.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 12:50 PM
@ simsample
@ fluttereyes

I have just tried the "old" method of importing a premade world into CAW, and lo and behold, it worked! I was able to save Bridgeport! Thanks so much, this was slowly driving me insane! :D

I'm now finally able to replace that horrible-looking dark grass terrain paint with something that doesn't make a simple garden look like an oasis in a world where mowed lawns are extinct.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 12:52 PM
Well done Rockerduck! The second method works fine for me with unoccupied user created worlds, but I have problems with Twinbrook and Bridgeport.
Instructor
#29 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 1:42 PM
*does a happy duck dance* \o/
Test Subject
#30 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 1:50 PM Last edited by Inkantator : 11th Jul 2011 at 5:57 PM.
Default Bridgeport Tutorial
Alright, people, rejoice. I've made a tutorial on how to edit Bridgeport in CAW.
Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once!
Make sure you have :
1. S3PE 11-0402-0951 (the newest one)
2. CAW v1.10.9 (compatible with Late Night) or higher
Beware! The newest CAW v1.11.10 needs original Sims v1.22 and Generations.

IN ORDER TO REDUCE SIZE OF THIS POST, I'LL USE SPOILERS.

Now let's start :

STEP #1 - create empty world in CAW
Hit File->New World

1) Max high - 100 by default and keep it that way
Hit [...] and choose :
2) LargeFlatMap300.png

Hit SAVE US -> XXX.world. You should receive this :

Zapis świata udany = World saved successfuly

STEP #2 - import Bridgeport.world
Open XXX.world in s3pe.
Choose Resource\Import->from package and choose original Bridgeport.world.
Default path : C:\Program Files\The Sims 3 Late Night\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds\Bridgeport.world (~87MB)
Hit "Open"
Tick : 'Replicate duplicates', 'Compress' and 'Use resource name'

Hit "Import" and wait.
When task is complete, choose File -> SAVE (NOT Save as) and wait

You should receive this :

Now delete WPID file : 00xF6F609FD60 (S3_F609FD60_00000000_0000000000000001%%+WPID)
Otherwise your custom world and original Bridgeport would overwrite each other.
CAW will give your world a new identity (new WPID).

Originally, Bridgeport is a CITY, so if you want to keep it that way, don't delete UNKN 00x296A6258
In fact you don't have to delete anything else.

File -> SAVE

STEP #3 - Open in CAW
Run CAW Tool
File\Open world and choose your XXX.world
Here it is :

Now do not waste your time and chooseFile \ SAVE AS...

...and save it in a diffrent direction with a diffrent name like on the photo above (BridgeportXXX.world)

You should receive this :

Zapis świata udany = World saved successfuly

STEP #4 - Edit in CAW and Edit-In-Game
For now you can edit your world normally.
Now right click on BridgeportXXX.world in CAW on the left column and choose Add/Edit description.
Give your world a name (that name will appeard in game) and add 256x256 24bit .png photo.

Now do whatever you wish.
About Editing-In-Game - close CAW while Edit-In-Game. When you finish - save. Sometimes it takes a lot of time to save, so be patient...

When you finish everything, choose File \ Choose world for export and... choose your world.

Meaning : World exported successfuly.

FINITO and good luck.
Instructor
#31 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 1:58 PM
@ Inkantator

Thank you very much for your tutorial! I already got Bridgeport to work but I am sure this step-by-step guide will help many people having the same problems with some premade worlds! Thank you for your time and effort, it's much appreciated!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 2:31 PM
Thank you very much Inkantator, I have added a link to your tutorial in post #2.

Great work, I'm sure this will help many people! :D
Retired
retired moderator
#33 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 4:27 PM
I'm wondering if people who have already gone through this process with Twinbrook and Bridgeport might help me. I'm making a page featuring all the coordinates for distant terrains (and eventually preview pics of each of them) on Pasimfic Wiki. I was wondering if anyone could jump into CAW-enabled versions of Twinbrook and Bridgeport if they already have them. I could do it myself, but I've no interest in editing those worlds, and really I just want to know where EA have the distant terrains at:

http://pasimficandbeyond.wikia.com/...Distant_Terrain

Feel free to add them in here or onto wikia the page I've linked to, or PM them to me. That would be super helpful. ^_^

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 4:48 PM
Hey kiwi_tea, I happen to have them already written down!

Distant Terrain- Bridgeport, listed as 'Terrain-Distant' in CAW Metadata
X= 1056.71619
Y= 15
Z= 1096.17322
All rotations= 0

Distant Terrain- Twinbrook, listed as 'Terrain Distant South [Placeholder]' in CAW Metadata
X= 1063.37439
Y= 32.8193169
Z= 179.999985
Rotations-
X= 179.999985
Y= 0
Z= -179.999985
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#35 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 6:17 PM
kiwi-tea, on that wiki you did, it would be really helpful if the name of the terrain was added to the instructions for each one.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#36 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
I'm wondering if people who have already gone through this process with Twinbrook and Bridgeport might help me. I'm making a page featuring all the coordinates for distant terrains (and eventually preview pics of each of them) on Pasimfic Wiki. I was wondering if anyone could jump into CAW-enabled versions of Twinbrook and Bridgeport if they already have them. I could do it myself, but I've no interest in editing those worlds, and really I just want to know where EA have the distant terrains at:

http://pasimficandbeyond.wikia.com/...Distant_Terrain

Feel free to add them in here or onto wikia the page I've linked to, or PM them to me. That would be super helpful. ^_^

Okay, not really on topic but I just want to point out that Bridgeport's distant terrain does have a city in the distance, too. If you need screens, lemme know. :D
Test Subject
#37 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 1:00 AM
@Inkantator

Świetny poradnik = Great tutorial

Everything works perfect and I don't need to save so many times.

Thanks m8
Retired
retired moderator
#38 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 4:21 AM
Quote:
kiwi-tea, on that wiki you did, it would be really helpful if the name of the terrain was added to the instructions for each one.

Good point, doing that now. Thanks all.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rockerduck
I just want to point out that Bridgeport's distant terrain does have a city in the distance, too.

So does the one from Twinbrook.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 5:11 AM
Didn't see this already come up, but might have missed it because I'm tired. Anyway, I followed method a in my effort to get Longview II into CAW to adjust the one thing that really bugs me about it. Everything seemed to work fine until I went to load it with CAW. Got...:

Unable to load file. 'C:\...\...\...\...\...\...\...\...world': Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
Instructor
#41 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 6:30 AM
It's often an indication that CAW sucks, really. :P

Try this very simple method:

1) create new world in CAW, you know the deal. Save.
2) Open your empty world in s3pe, import from package -> Longview II, check compress, replace. Save.
3) Don't do anything else. Just try to open your file in CAW.

Does it work?
Instructor
#42 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 10:13 PM
Quick question:

Is it possible to assign custom loading screens to worlds? You know, like each of the EAxis worlds has a custom background picture when the game's loading that world?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 5:26 PM
tilarium, did you manage to get it to work now?

Rockerduck- yes and no. Yes, because you can make a default override for the existing EA loading screens. No because you cannot have a custom screen for a particular world, because the game will need that information to be loaded before the world, whereas a custom screen unique to a world would be contained within the world (and so, not loaded until the world itself is loaded- too late for the image to show during loading!). The only way you could do this would be by modding the game to recognise your custom world as a unique EA world, and then coding your world to call a custom screen when loading. No idea how to go about this, but it is possibly possible, possibly!
Instructor
#44 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 7:15 PM
Ahh, I see. I might even give this a try sometimes, sounds interesting enough to figure out. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 11:54 PM Last edited by Sweet Mystre : 28th Jul 2011 at 2:19 AM. Reason: Because I'm still made you all allow this...
Quote: Originally posted by tilarium
Didn't see this already come up, but might have missed it because I'm tired. Anyway, I followed method a in my effort to get Longview II into CAW to adjust the one thing that really bugs me about it. Everything seemed to work fine until I went to load it with CAW. Got...:

Unable to load file. 'C:\...\...\...\...\...\...\...\...world': Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Excuse me? I put up the CAW files for this and I really don't appreciate you opening my world...Why do I put up the files, fix the world for people when they're so inconsiderate as to open my worlds when I definitely do not want it done.

If it bugs you then use another world.
I hope you all feel a little shamed because this isn't a pre-made world... it's player made world. Might as well change the name to "Come and let us help you steal worlds!" I'm tic'ed... This isn't right. Especially since it is know I do not want my worlds opened. ... and for One Thing!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 3:46 AM
Sweet Mystre, I take it you are Rflong from the Sims 3 site? Colour me confused- I'm not sure why you would object to someone opening your world if you have already made the CAW files available?

There is nothing wrong with reverse engineering someone's files- opening them or modding them for your own use, as that is what we are doing to EA's files after all, with each mod or piece of CC we make. Anyone who offers a file for download knows that others can open that file and look at it to see how something was done, or perhaps tweak it for their own taste.

We do not allow people to take credit for other people's' work here, nor do we allow someone to upload files that are credited to someone else. All we are doing is learning about the game and experimenting with modifying it for our own use.

If you would rather people did not use your files for this purpose, then the only way you can guarantee that is to not share your files. We are not stealing anything, rather we are researching and learning about modding the game by using files which either come with the game, or else are available for download. Stealing would be if we hacked into your computer and took the files without your permission.

You say that you do not want your world opened, but you also say that you have offered the CAW files, which would mean that you DO want your world opened. We encourage users to respect the wishes of creators regarding sharing/ uploading, and to respect wishes regarding use. However in this case there has been no stealing or claiming credit for your work, and perhaps your guidelines for use are not too clear. Tilarium has not specified that he/she wishes to take credit for your work or otherwise distribute it, just that he/she wishes to amend it for personal use.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 4:20 AM
Why, yes... I am.

Learning by opening a world- a non EA world? Just open CAW and you can learn the same thing I did. :eyeroll:

I pass out the lite files... yes. You're not confused. You know you can't learn by opening a world accept to open worlds- and they didn't want to LEARN they want to take as I have said.. I have removed and people yelled... Yes, you are encouraging stealing.

Saying you are learning by opening EAs files to see how the worlds work is one thing. I used the same thing - CAW - which is free to anyone. Nothing Special, nothing not seen here and not by opening any persons worlds. You don't LEARN by moving a road.

Make it yourself to LEARN. Study... EAs files and worlds.

And No, I do not want my worlds opened by passing out the lite files. That's like saying I want to be robbed because I give to the poor. As if...

I do not give permission to open my worlds. By helping you are teaching to steal.. not learn. Teach to fish is not by robbing a grocery store. I share because I like it, I make because it's fun. It has lost it's fun... I have modified my worlds for so many people, all they have to do is ask.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sweet Mystre
I pass out the lite files... yes. You're not confused. You know you can't learn by opening a world accept to open worlds- and they didn't want to LEARN they want to take as I have said.. I have removed and people yelled... Yes, you are encouraging stealing.

I see, so you have distributed a stripped version of the game? That explains why someone would want to open the world as opposed to using your files. Again, no-one is stealing anything- I am sorry that you are upset, and would encourage users to respect the wishes of a creator, however this thread is about research into a method to open packed worlds, and not your world explicitly.

I do not give permission to open my worlds. By helping you are teaching to steal.. not learn. Teach to fish is not by robbing a grocery store. I share because I like it, I make because it's fun. It has lost it's fun... I have modified my worlds for so many people, all they have to do is ask.

In that case, you should remove your files from public download.
Quote: Originally posted by Sims 3 EULA
4. In exchange for the right to use content contributed by other users through the Software, when you contribute content through the Software, you expressly grant to other users of the Software the non-exclusive, perpetual, transferable, worldwide, irrevocable right to access and use, copy, modify, display, perform, and create and distribute derivative works from, your contributed content in connection with the Software, and to distribute and otherwise communicate your contributed content as a component of works that they create using the Software, for example, The Sims lots or The Sims videos, without further notice, attribution or compensation to you. You hereby waive any moral rights of paternity, publication, reputation, or attribution under applicable law with respect to EA’s and other players’ use and enjoyment of such content contributions in connection with the Software.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I see, so you have distributed a stripped version of the game? That explains why someone would want to open the world as opposed to using your files. Again, no-one is stealing anything- I am sorry that you are upset, and would encourage users to respect the wishes of a creator, however this thread is about research into a method to open packed worlds, and not your world explicitly.

In that case, you should remove your files from public download.

The title is Premade worlds. Is my world considered a premade world? Shouldn't you change the title to- How To Open Anyone's Packaged Worlds?

Stripped version of the GAME? It's a base to start building, to actually start LEARNING how to use CAW. It let's them put the lots, trees, effects, and spawners where they want- To learn.
Right... I help people to learn by giving them a template to mess with, to use in CAW and learn. You teach how to make a quick cut so no one really needs to make it and the ones who do shouldn't be upset. . . cause, we're LEARNING. I call foul and bull.

Yes, but my world is mentioned. And when it is mentioned it is out there. You are encouraging others to not LEARN to make better worlds but to be lazy and take.
You do not give a child a calculator before they know how to do math. That would be absurd...

I did take my worlds down and pretty much told to put them back up. I did feel bad but not any more.
When has sharing become more about what YOU want and not what is given?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 5:52 AM
Stripped version of the GAME? It's a base to start building, to actually start LEARNING how to use CAW. It let's them put the lots, trees, effects, and spawners where they want- To learn.

Sorry, a typo- I meant a stripped down version of your world. I was confused as to why you would object to someone opening your world when you had already shared your files, but when you mentioned 'Lite' version that clarified it for me.

Yes, but my world is mentioned. And when it is mentioned it is out there. You are encouraging others to not LEARN to make better worlds but to be lazy and take.
You do not give a child a calculator before they know how to do math. That would be absurd...

This thread is not about learning to make a world with CAW, it is about learrning to open a packed world in S3PE and to understand the resources in it. Again, no-one is taking anything that you haven't freely given. If you do not wish people to use your files then you should probably remove them.

I did take my worlds down and pretty much told to put them back up. I did feel bad but not any more.
When has sharing become more about what YOU want and not what is given?

You do not have to offer your worlds for download if you do not want to. No-one can tell you to do that. If you do not want to share, then don't- it's that simple. There is no point in getting so angry about a game.

This is way off topic for this thread, if you wish to continue this conversation then you can take it up in Private message. Again, I am sorry that you are upset, but attacking me or other users of this site is really not going to help. No-one has taken or stolen anything of yours that you haven't freely shared, and no-one has claimed credit for anything you have created.
Page 2 of 23