Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Foundation Challenge- Artist Converted Train Station

by Phaenoh Posted 25th Apr 2012 at 5:13 PM - Updated 16th May 2017 at 5:12 PM by Phaenoh

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 6:00 PM
Uh wow, that's really epic! Looks like it'll be an awesome lot to play! *downloads*
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 7:03 PM
It looks soo art deco!! Love it!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 7:33 PM
love it! how on earth did you do that roof? Love it, off to download.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 8:25 PM
Karen: The roof looks like it's made out of Seasons garden covering, likely with some editing through judicious use of ConstrainFloorElevation.

Phaenoh: Oh my god. Oh my fucking god, this is amazing, I am madly in love, I haven't seen a lot this fantastic in ages, I can justify installing all the CC required because I've been on a vintage 'hood kick lately, but even if I couldn't I'd try it because Jesus, this is gorgeous.

Some irrelevant advice, I'd throw the "art deco" or "deco" tag on it, for search reasons, but YMMV.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 9:57 PM
Wow, Phaenoh! What an epic creation. Love it.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 10:26 PM
That is stunning, both the building itself as well as the decor. I love that you included a back story.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 11:12 PM
karen lorraine and thiafy, the roof is CC from Lethe, its here http://www.modthesims.info/d/268213 Doing cfe on the ridiculous seasons garden roof might also be doable, but I took the easy way out.

Thanks for the comments everyone!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 11:15 PM
Holy crap, that's impressive! *love*
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 1:12 AM
Phaenoh,

I think these challenges are ideal for you.

This is a fun lot...the idea of living in old or abandoned commercial and community building is something that I find wonderous. It reminds of me of a house I visited in Sussex (Angmering) that was converted from an old church. Especially if you can imagine the pulpit area (on a raised platform) being converted into a wall of windows that leads to a quaint English garden. The house had such authentic and artsy charm. Very neat place. Your lot has that sort of feel to it.

And of course it excites my artistic capabilities. All artists need a house that is essentially a studio! I should be so lucky! Brilliant lot!

My favourite aspects of your lot is how you use the Maxis objects in a creative way. The sculptures in the table...Awesomeness! The Equine statues in the stairs...Perfect! And the unique roofing aspect...Nice! That's efficient lighting!

Thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 7:05 PM
Do all the doors work? It's just the archway to the ladder is sharing a corner with another archway and from my own personal experience, that leads to one not working. Is this play tested? Otherwise it looks utterly stunning and is definitely one of my favourite house on this site.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 7:13 PM
See the sim in the photos? She climbed up the ladder herself.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 7:35 PM
Thanks, that's great to know, the house is now perfect to me and I love it all.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 8:50 PM
I really love this house, it's amazing ^^
Wonderful Job Phaenoh
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 4:18 PM Last edited by tanoka : 9th Apr 2013 at 3:48 PM.
Uh, this is wonderful, but I can't get it working. I can download, install and place it in my hood properly, but when I try to load it my game crashes. I have all the EP and SP required. Any ideas on why it's happening?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 5:45 PM
This is fantastic! Thanks for the upload! I really need to get creating again :D
Test Subject
#17 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tanoka
Uh, this is wonderful, but I can't get it working. I can download, install and place in my hood properly, but when I try to load it my game crashes. I have all the EP and SP required. Any ideas on why it's happening?

I have the exact same problem as you, unfortunately. X| All EPs and SPs, and it just crashes when I try to enter the lot. :c
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 2:44 AM
I want a real one for my old days! :P
I'll certainly come back and download it when I can run all these EPs and SPs.

Awesome work, you are amazing. You must have spent a lot of time on this.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 4:07 PM
Anyone who is having trouble loading the lot, make sure you installed it via CleanInstaller. Also make sure you have all the object masters.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 4:09 PM Last edited by tanoka : 9th Apr 2013 at 3:49 PM.
I installed it with Clean Installer... And the first time I installed it some things were flashing blue, so I downloaded the master files for that CC and installed it again. Now I can see the CC properly, but my game still crashes when I try to enter that home.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 9:03 PM
Do you have all EPs and SPs, or only the ones I listed?
Captain Louie
retired moderator THANKS POST
#22 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 12:40 AM
I cannot wait until summer - I will have nothing to keep me away from doing challenges with you guys again!

This is SO effing cool. I saw it on the front page and, not so surprisingly, it was by you Always top notch quality!
Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tanoka
I installed it with Clean Installer... And the first time I installed it some things were flashing blue, so I downloaded the master files for that CC and installed it again. Now I can see the CC properly, but it still my game crashes when I try to enter that home.

I have the same problem too, and yes, I do have all the SP and EP
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 1:24 AM
Ok, so a bunch of you can't seem to get it to load. Can anyone load it? If the file is broke for everyone that's a much easier fix than trying to track down why it works for one person but not someone else.
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 3:23 AM Last edited by Asdwer34 : 29th Apr 2012 at 1:50 PM.
Beutiful Lot, but shamely not working for me neither. Some objects show themselves flashing in blue (in neighborhood view) and entering the lot causes the game to crash.
I tried installing the lot with Clean Installer, and I have CEP installed.
I wonder if its a problem with the packaged CC.
Page 1 of 4