Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

DIY Curtains, Blinds, & Shutters

by chasmchronicle Posted 14th Jul 2012 at 3:19 PM - Updated 25th Aug 2012 at 6:20 PM by SeeMyu

68 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 55 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 3:27 PM
I have wanted a modular set of the outdoor shutters ever since the game was released! Thank you!

I always use curtains and blinds in my Sims' homes, and now you made it a simple task for me to make my own curtains/blinds! :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 3:50 PM
Deceptively simple solution, there always seem to be windows that nothing works with, but these will cover several more of them (pun intended of course).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 4:23 PM
amazing!! curtains will be every where now =)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 4:42 PM Last edited by Lysi : 14th Jul 2012 at 5:00 PM.
I've always been annoyed about the fact that EA's blinds are either too big or too small.
Now I don't have to worry about that anymore. Thank you very much!

A little sidenote though. Dashboard complaints that LeftThinVictorianCurtain conflicts with RightThinVictorianCurtain. Just so you know.

Edit:
I also noticed they don't fade out the way EA's curtains does when you pull the walls down.
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 5:00 PM Last edited by SIMul8rReviews : 14th Jul 2012 at 5:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lysi
I've always been annoyed about the fact that EA's blinds are either too big or too small.
Now I don't have to worry about that anymore. Thank you very much!

A little sidenote though. Dashboard complaints that LeftThinVictorianCurtain conflicts with RightThinVictorianCurtain. Just so you know.

It does? Okay, thanks for letting me know. Fixing that now.

ETA: Dashboard picks it up as a conflicting object with RightThinVictorianCurtain, though in game, the two objects work perfectly fine and are displayed like normal. This is a false-positive in Dashboard and it's nothing to worry about. The curtains do not conflict with each other (if they did, the Left Thin Curtain would not be displayed in game)

As for vanishing curtains once the wall is down, that is an EA problem. Like I said, EA made it to where objects that are off grid cannot be shiftable. This goes for wall objects as well. Since WAAnywhere is checked (off grid), It forgets the fact that it is a wall object and no longer abides by the wall object's rules (shifting, vanishing). You can look at the object in S3PE and see that the "HideObjectWhenWallsDown" flag is infact checked.. This honestly shouldn't be to big of a problem, but there is nothing I can do to fix that EA mistake. This also isn't a bad thing; what if you wanted to make something (like a shower curtain) or something creative.. you wouldn't want it to vanish, now would you?

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 5:31 PM
This thing made my computer blow up and killed my dog!
But, other then that ... great mod
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 8:11 PM
This is pure awesomeness. I've wanted this for just about forever, especially with the shutters! I'll have so much fun with this <3 Thanks!
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#9 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 8:12 PM
Very neat! EA did a left-right pair with the bed and bath stuff pack, but these are better.

I wonder if it would be possible to have a separate version that gives up off-grid-ness for shiftability... I know they can't go on the same object, and sometimes horizontal movement is what you want, but sometimes vertical movement is more important, just depends on the window. Just a thought for those of us who are REALLY curtain-obsessed
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 9:02 PM
Wonderful as always.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 9:50 PM
took a really close look at this and I have to say, this really is pretty darned brilliant SeeMyu! Thanks for your hard work.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 10:07 PM
Beyond awesome - thank you so much for this!
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 10:12 PM Last edited by SeeMyu : 18th Jul 2012 at 1:09 AM.
Thank you everyone! I'm so glad you like them!

Srikandi, Thank you for your nice comment! I was thinking about doing that, but it would require duplicate curtains since just one pair would not work with both rods. It seemed to make it a little more frustrating and cluttered as well. But, right now, the OMSP makes it work just as well /me raises fist at EA for not letting these flags be compatible with each other.

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 11:34 PM
Wow, thanks for this! I'm kind of have a curtain fetish so this just made my day. You're really on a roll!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 12:31 AM
Thank! Very Needed!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 1:02 AM
What a absolutely brilliant idea, thank you so much, great job well done.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 4:18 AM
Wow. This looks like a *lot* of work! And it also looks amazing, so I guess that it's effort well spent!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#18 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 5:57 AM
I. LOVE. YOU!
Don't tell Dal though....

I agree with Srikandi though about shifting though. That is pretty important at times.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 8:44 AM
what an awesome idea.
thank you for all your hard work
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 12:38 PM
Awesome work, SeeMyu
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#21 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 1:45 PM
How wonderful are you?! So wonderful, so very very wonderful :-) And so is this upload. Great work, and thank you for sharing!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator THANKS POST
#22 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 1:48 PM
Whoop whoop!! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 6:17 PM
I love DIY sets! And this one was needed very much! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 7:55 PM
Thanks for that
A brilliant idea. This opens up many new opportunities for rational decoration.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 11:36 PM
This is great.
Page 1 of 3