Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Pre-Apocalypse House

by missroxor Posted 25th Oct 2012 at 8:44 PM - Updated 25th Oct 2012 at 11:42 PM by missroxor

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 8:54 PM
It's a beatifully designed and very playable lot. Thanks for sharing!

I don't take requests anymore. Archive of my creations: http://sims3tattoostudio.wordpress.com/
Fresh fruit from the bigot tree
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 9:07 PM
Love the "zombie proof" theme. Make more of this.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 9:12 PM
This is great! I will be using it for sure! I love to build bunkers for my sims. Never know about meteor strikes! My only question is . . . how is it powered? Solar?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 9:20 PM
Beautiful job! Loving every bit of it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 9:30 PM
I love this. I never download houses, but I'm definitely downloading this one! Amazing job (and hilarious description). Thanks for sharing this with us.
Mostly Harmless
retired moderator THANKS POST
#7 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 9:31 PM
This is so awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 9:37 PM
this is f*****g amazing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 10:28 PM
Very nicely done, love the panic room area
The other one
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 11:49 PM
Thanks for all the lovely comments, guys

Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
My only question is . . . how is it powered? Solar?

Well, I figured when the zombie apocalypse happens (or, you know, a more realistic catastrophic event! ) it won't be too long before water and electricity goes off, that's why the house comes with it's own water collection and filtration system and there's one wind turbine next to the lookout tower and two solar panels on the roof (I just added an additional pic so this should be more visible now).

In sims terms I think they get reduced bills for having these items but not sure by how much.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 2:05 AM
This is wonderful! I love it! Thank you for sharing.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#12 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 4:31 AM
What a great lot, I love it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 5:24 AM
Marry me?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 10:29 AM
I absolutely LOVE it!! It's very nicely decorated and looks great overall, and the layouts and designs you pointed out in the description are very well done and logical for its purpose.

Basically if I could afford to build myself a zombie bunker-house, it'd be somethin like this.

Great job dude <3
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 10:48 AM
What about the SUV? What ep is that from?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 12:22 PM
This is perfect, thank you for creating this lovely house! It's not only zombie proof, it's also gorgeous and functional. Way to go!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 3:31 PM
the only things I don't have are the stuff packs, are those really important for this lot ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 1:57 PM
I moved my family to this house and was astonished - it's great! A lot of work. tons of time spent!
Just one thing - my sims were always late for work because of long way from panic room to car))
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 6:34 PM
Holy Simoly! This is the best apocalypse themed house I've seen yet! My sims thank you! Though the pesky zombies are grumbling something about how creator brains are tasty (I'd watch out!) lol. Thanks so much for the hard work you put into this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 6:36 PM
OMG! awesome job!! ^_^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 8:15 PM
I love it! Only to remake this in real life, and I just can happily play Sims during the zombie apocalypse!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 9:35 PM
Wow, for a family planning a Zombie Apocalypse, the Brooks really knew how to live in style. And thanks to their untimely deaths, now my Sims can too! Oh and the colors... oh, the colors <3
The other one
Original Poster
#23 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 11:14 PM
@Kinnyfear - I know your type; you just want me for my house :’( lol

@Lareiielle & Wicked_Rose – This is pretty much the sort of house I’d want in a zombie apocalypse too except maybe a bigger armoury with more longer distance weapons so I don't have to get too close and I’d probably have a roof top garden rather than on the ground floor; that was just because I didn’t want to use those pot planters all over the roof.

@Gozaimas - The SUV is from Showtime.

@It’s_SIMple – At the bottom of the overview I’ve listed what was used from the SPs so you can decide for yourself if it’s worth downloading without them. You’ll mainly only miss out on some decor items and the two non decor items (an easel and a game console) can easily be replaced by EP stuff IMO.

@Llenna – Yeah, sorry about that but a panic room with easy access to the front door/front of the lot is not really much of a panic room. When I was building it I was basically thinking about the sort of safety measures and distance I’d want to put between myself and the zombies if I happened to be facing a zombie apocalypse, lol. In sims terms you could try one of the following:
  • get your sims ready for work a little earlier
  • become acquainted with teleporting
  • have a stay at home job like making nectar or gardening etc.
  • replace the hidden emergency door in the bar/storage room with a normal door. That might make your sims use the more direct route out of the basement.

@Everyone - Thanks for the really nice comments
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 5:29 PM
OMG!!! You are sooo amazing! This house is BEYOND wonderful....this is the perfect house for any zombie apocalypse. I would live here even if there is no possibility of one. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 2:51 AM
Best. Lot. EVER!
Page 1 of 2