Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tons of Telescopes: TS3 Conversions **Updated 4-11-13**

by Honeywell Posted 13th Dec 2012 at 7:23 AM - Updated 11th Apr 2013 at 5:38 PM by Honeywell

41 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 7:28 AM
These are seriously sweet, can they be used on comm lots too? I can't decide whether I like the Future, Hollywood, or Regency one the best; a fantastic problem to have.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 7:58 AM
I love them but the fishy pirate one is my absolute favorite, thank you very much for sharing your lovely conversions!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 10:56 AM
Neat! Never been a fan of the TS2 telescopes, so having more variety is awesome. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 11:03 AM
Awesome! Thank you!
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 11:03 AM
Thanks,I also liked the Fishy one
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 1:43 PM
Wow...so cool! Can you be abducted by aliens while stargazing with these??
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 2:06 PM
Thanks all for the comments, I hope you enjoy.

Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
These are seriously sweet, can they be used on comm lots too? I can't decide whether I like the Future, Hollywood, or Regency one the best; a fantastic problem to have.
They are if the other telescopes are, I don't know. If they're not and someone wants them for community lots let me know and I'll update these.

Quote: Originally posted by neonhorn22
Wow...so cool! Can you be abducted by aliens while stargazing with these??
You can be abducted using the cheap telescope with the Freetime version -- that I know for sure since it happened while I was playtesting these.

These will work just like the cheap telescope that's already in your game, I haven't modified them in any way. With the basegame version, I've always heard you had to use the expensive telescope in order to be abducted so if that's true then no you can't be abducted with the BG telescopes.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 2:50 PM
I'm sorry I'm having trouble with matching them with the names, which one is the second to last called?
Theorist
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
I'm sorry I'm having trouble with matching them with the names, which one is the second to last called?
The names of the pictures (the ones on the grass) match the names of the files. If you click on the pictures the name will show up in a black box on the bottom, if you hover over the thumbnails you'll see "Name:" followed by the name. Hope that helps.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 9:51 PM
Thank you so much for these! I love them all. They'll all be of good use in my neighbourhoods. ^^
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 11:01 PM
What?! Sims can be abducted with the cheap telescopes if you have FT?! How did I not know this?! I've always had to purchase the expensive ones for an abduction! Bah! Years of not knowing this and now I feel cheated! haha!

They are lovely telescopes. Really, as long as sims can use them to skill, they're awesome!
*shrugs*
#13 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 1:16 AM
You made a lot Knowledge Sims happy. These are great!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 1:05 AM
In my books 6 new telescopes is a lot, so many thanks to you. :D
Gone Fishin'
#15 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 6:04 PM
Thank you for this! My knowledge Sims (and I have a lot of those) were grumbling about only having two telescopes to play with, but now they'll have a lot to choose from! Some of these will work great in my Westeros 'hood, too. Win all around!

(And thank you for the link to the steampunk telescope; I have it as deco, but I didn't know somebody had made it functional. Yay! )
Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 12:50 PM
These look beautiful! I especially like the Vuvuzela and Morrigan's Star Gazer. The cheap telescopes looked pretty boring and uninspired; I like these so much better. And thanks for linking to the steam punk version! There's no such thing as too much steam punk content.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 9:13 PM
these are amazingly well done! thank you for sharing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 11:44 AM
this is great! thank you! I love telescopes, but I always use the standart, expensive one; and sometimes it gets boring. I know these are "only" converted from sims3; but still you did it! thank you, and thank goodness Maxis thought about making some more telescope for the sims3 at least :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 10:57 AM
Yes! Now I have more choice. Thanks for sharing
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 6:20 PM
These are perfect!!! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 8:14 PM
Can you still get pregnant with them? ...oh god that sounded bad.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 7:57 AM
Such a cool idea!!! There's so few good telescopes for Sims 2, thanks for this!
Theorist
Original Poster
#23 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 4:06 PM
Thanks all for the comments, I'm happy you like these.

Quote: Originally posted by Dazro
Can you still get pregnant with them? ...oh god that sounded bad.

Hi Dazro,
You should be able to do anything with these telescopes that you can do with the cheap telescope that's already in your game...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 3:58 PM
These look really nice! I'm looking forward to using them in my game.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 4:53 PM
These look really amazing, thank you!
Page 1 of 2