Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Grove Cottage

by Ferguson Avenue Posted 13th Jan 2013 at 2:30 AM - Updated 26th Nov 2017 at 8:25 PM by Fergus' Mind

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 3:32 AM
This house is so adorable!! Thank you! I've got the perfect little family to live in it xD
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 7:11 AM
That's really a great little house! Thank you so much for sharing this cutie with us!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 2:33 PM
Very cottage-like and homey. And no CC and base game only, isn't it? Nicely done!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 4:23 PM
Very appealing! Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 11:10 AM
This house is really lovely!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 3:31 PM
YAY! A cute lot I can finally download with only base game It's lovely, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 3:21 AM
This is really a beautiful little residential lot.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 6:54 AM
I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I think there may be something wrong with this lot. Namely leftover social jigs taking up space. I tried to move the trash can here, but it was blocked by an invisible object. After I'd made some modifications and saved it to the library I reloaded it and a bunch of objects disappeared, but that might be because of what I was doing with the cheats to try and clear the invisible object. I'm going to test it some more, and I'll post again if I have anything worth reporting. Other than that, it's a really good cc free lot.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 8:18 AM Last edited by Fergie_F : 21st Jan 2013 at 8:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lenglel
I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I think there may be something wrong with this lot. Namely leftover social jigs taking up space. I tried to move the trash can here, but it was blocked by an invisible object. After I'd made some modifications and saved it to the library I reloaded it and a bunch of objects disappeared, but that might be because of what I was doing with the cheats to try and clear the invisible object. I'm going to test it some more, and I'll post again if I have anything worth reporting. Other than that, it's a really good cc free lot.

Let me know if this trouble persists, I didn't have any problems with the lot when testing. I've tested it in multiple worlds, in all of which it worked fine. I started building the house in Sunset Valley, then moved it to my own world to finish, then moved it to Riverview to photograph it. All the sims that have lived there haven't had any issues, I can even place the bin elsewhere, such as where you're try to place it after removing the chess table, although that's just in my game. Is anyone else having issues with the lot?
P.S. lenglel, it would be interesting to see what you do to the house, as I can see in the pic you provided that you are renovating it, so it might be interesting for others to see what they can do to it if it's not quite to their tastes in the upload.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 9:26 AM
I did manage to get some screenshots before the explosion. Basically raise the roof in back to make a bigger 2nd bedroom, bigger 1st bedroom and smaller alcove at the top of the stairs. On the first floor I'm replacing the porch column with a cc one that fits better with the walls I'm adding over the porch, and adding some windows to the chimney side of the house and at the top of the stairs. Oh, and some rugs to give a warmer appearance to the wood floors.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#12 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 11:12 AM
Okay, I redownloaded the Grove Cottage, and redid my changes from the screen shots. It turns out the invisible objects were plants, not sim jigs. I was able to delete them by click-dragging the sledgehammer tool over the bare patches of earth. Saved and reloaded without exploding, yay!
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 5:18 PM
lengle, I'm glad it all worked out. It was also nice to finally see what someone else has done with what I have shared. It looks good. I'm glad my work is appreciated, as always, more feedback is always apreciated.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 3:50 AM
I've been looking for a small house to move Claire Ursine and her twins into. Never made sense to me, that a small-time crook owned beachfront property. So she's being moved inland. And this little house will be perfect. Not too elaborate, that it would be out of her price range, considering that she's probably saved most of her earnings. So thank you! (Claire thanks you too.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th May 2013 at 6:10 AM
i live near a street called "cottage grove"

great work, btw.
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th May 2013 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SunMoon
i live near a street called "cottage grove"

great work, btw.

That's interesting, I borrowed the name of a house across the field from me called "The Grove".
Thanks, I'm glad my work is appreciated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 11:19 AM
a charming little cottage! thank you!