Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Height Slider

by CmarNYC Posted 29th Jul 2013 at 7:52 AM - Updated 29th Jul 2013 at 3:00 PM by CmarNYC

393 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 160 Feedback Posts, 232 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 16
Warrior Gryphon
site owner THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 9:05 AM
Nice work. Glad to see you ironed out some of the issues I was having years ago when I first did my height sliders (which are somewhere around the site, I think). Good work.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 9:06 AM
Cooi!!!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 9:45 AM
Much needed, thanks CmarNYC
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 10:44 AM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 11:03 AM
That's a great mod, but does it work with all the clothes, EA and CC ones?
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 11:05 AM
Does this overwrite any default slider?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 12:15 PM
Ah yes, the time has come. You have done what EA says the couldn't. This is the best quality height slider, I have seen out there. Thank-you
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 1:36 PM
Default I need help please
Quote: Originally posted by pikafan8
This is probably the only custom slider I will ever use! Thanks for such a wonderful slider.

Hi, do you, or anyone else can tell me step by step how to use this mode??? I installed it, but cant find it in nras :/
Can someone help me?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 2:03 PM
Adds some lovely variety, thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 2:22 PM
Woooo! Finally, a decent height slider. Thanks a ton
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyLovelyKate
Hi, do you, or anyone else can tell me step by step how to use this mode??? I installed it, but cant find it in nras :/
Can someone help me?

If you go to Looks > Head and Ears and then to Advanced > Global (the lower right icon on the diagram of the head), scroll down and you will see 'Sim height by cmar' which will be the height slider
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 2:46 PM
what about if they dont fit in the bed
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 3:11 PM
So... with this, it would be possible to have another mod that incrementally increases this height slider as a sim ages through the child and teen stages, simulating real growth over time, and setting it to a low setting at the start of a new age stage to remove excessive momentary height gain during stage transitions, and adjusting final height depending on genetics, but also nutritional and health factors during growth... Or has this been done already?

Oh, and... highly appreciated mod in and of itself, I should add. Your x4 slider multiplier might make for some weird results though. I can have acromegalia sims as well as hypochondroplasia sims now :- )
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 3:17 PM
Thanks, everyone.

@Red_Queen: Yes, it will work with any clothing that has correct bone assignments.

@lientebollemeis: No, this is a completely separate slider and will not overwrite anything.

@TotallyLovelyKate: Answered by UltraRobbie two comments above. I've added the information to the mod overview as requested by the site mods.

@joshuasmith024: Tall sims will bend at the knees rather than come out of the bed. The head may clip slightly with a headboard. There's a pic of a tall sim sleeping attached to the mod post.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 3:38 PM
I think I'm gonna give this one a go as I prefer varying heights to my sims. Some of the other sliders I've tried tend to create shaking feet or hands so I'm looking forward to seeing that problem eliminated. Now we just need a mod that adjusts the social animations to the heights... I'm thinking maybe based on a "magnetic" system.

Great work here, by the way. Can't wait to get it into my game.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 6:57 PM
I've been using Delphy's height slider. How does this slider compare to his? (ie, does it make taller or shorter sims than that one?)
Field Researcher
#18 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wileruilaer
So... with this, it would be possible to have another mod that incrementally increases this height slider as a sim ages through the child and teen stages, simulating real growth over time, and setting it to a low setting at the start of a new age stage to remove excessive momentary height gain during stage transitions, and adjusting final height depending on genetics, but also nutritional and health factors during growth... Or has this been done already?

It has indeed been done already! Consort's Grow -- except for that nutritional stuff. Fantastic idea, although I would see every town having an army of giant supermen since it's nearly impossible not to keep your family properly fed in this game. ;-)

It uses an older height slider (which causes head size distortion) paired with a head height slider to correct that distortion, so technically this new slider is more technically advanced and hopefully Consort will either adopt it or build in support for it, but in the meantime Grow is very, very functional and quite awesome: by far my favourite TS3 mod. If I can just get over my annoyance at EA to get back to playing again, anyway.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 8:26 PM
Cool! Thanks.

@ Margaret Pendragon: This slider makes sims slightly taller than Delphy´s heigh slider. If you use both sliders together, you can make them even taller, I just tested that.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 9:45 PM
Works great and doesn't conflict with any of my other sliders.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 9:46 PM
I have been using the height slider from Blooms base. So I am wondering, how is this different from that one? Thank you!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#22 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 10:08 PM
Thank you, CMar! I'm glad (and jealous) that it's so easy for you! Love this!

Quote: Originally posted by Vera_J
Cool! Thanks.

@ Margaret Pendragon: This slider makes sims slightly taller than Delphy´s heigh slider. If you use both sliders together, you can make them even taller, I just tested that.

This is great to know!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 10:34 PM
You are amazing!!!! Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 12:01 AM
This is beyond brilliant thank you so so so so much! My only problem is now I have to go into every single save game and modify the heights of my old sims which I used another slider on but this, this truly is great
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 1:13 AM
Yes Thank You You're Perfect I Love You
Page 1 of 16