Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord St.Croix
Okay, so, I uninstalled an re-installed everything and it still happened!

If I understand correctly, the only ways a reinstall could fail to correct the issue would be if there were any registry keys leftover from the preceding uninstall (solved by doing a manual uninstall in order to be certain the game is completely, 100% removed before reinstalling), or if the installation process itself had gotten corrupted. Disks can be corrupted, but I'd think digital downloads would always be clean.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#27 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
I'm reluctant to suggest that you uninstall everything, clean up properly, and then reinstall everything (because EA is no longer supporting downloaded games), but I believe that's the only option left to you.

I assume that you've checked that this is not related to your CC (by removing all of your CC) and that it is not related to a specific save game (by removing your save game and allowing it to regenerate), and that you've tried deleting all of your caches.

Reinstalling your game is the last step in the Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ. If you haven't done all of the steps in that FAQ, then I would suggest that you do them.

Yes, after the first two times I uninstalled and re-installed, I didn't bother putting any CC in and it still messed up, nor do I have any saved games put in. How should I make sure everything is "clean"?
Site Helper
#28 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
If I understand correctly, the only ways a reinstall could fail to correct the issue would be if there were any registry keys leftover from the preceding uninstall (solved by doing a manual uninstall in order to be certain the game is completely, 100% removed before reinstalling), or if the installation process itself had gotten corrupted. Disks can be corrupted, but I'd think digital downloads would always be clean.
Digital downloads can be corrupted too. To solve that, you'd probably have to re-download.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 1:31 AM
How should I make sure everything is "clean"?

As I said, do a manual uninstall. Directions here, under the paragraph, How to Fully Uninstall Sims 2. https://www.modthesims.info/wiki..._Help:Uninstall

Digital downloads can be corrupted too. To solve that, you'd probably have to re-download.

I didn't mean to suggest the digital downloads couldn't become corrupted, once installed, just that the downloaded files to be installed are less likely to be corrupted than the files on disks that over time may begin to degrade. I think.
Scholar
Original Poster
#30 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
As I said, do a manual uninstall. Directions here, under the paragraph, How to Fully Uninstall Sims 2. https://www.modthesims.info/wiki..._Help:Uninstall

I didn't mean to suggest the digital downloads couldn't become corrupted, once installed, just that the downloaded files to be installed are less likely to be corrupted than the files on disks that over time may begin to degrade. I think.

It failed; I did a full clean-up, reinstalled and nothing changed
Mad Poster
#31 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 6:29 AM
Well, that's unfortunate. I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.
Site Helper
#32 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 5:06 PM
Just to be clear: you reinstalled everything, and allowed the game to regenerate your save game with no CC at all? In other words, when you play with the game exactly as shipped, you run into the problem?

Did you re-download your digital download?

Did you try just the base game, or have you always tried all EPs and SPs? If you've never tried the base game by itself, you should definitely try that. In fact, try playing after each separate install.

Did you patch all of your games?

Have we checked your Game Help:System Specswiki?
Scholar
Original Poster
#33 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 9:00 PM
Just to be clear: you reinstalled everything, and allowed the game to regenerate your save game with no CC at all? In other words, when you play with the game exactly as shipped, you run into the problem?

Did you re-download your digital download?

Did you try just the base game, or have you always tried all EPs and SPs? If you've never tried the base game by itself, you should definitely try that. In fact, try playing after each separate install.

Did you patch all of your games?

Have we checked your Game Help:System Specswiki?

Yes, I reinstalled everything with absolutely no CC. The game was pure and vanilla

I don't have the base game as is; I have Sims 2 DD which has the base game with Nightlife and SP4, but yes, I ran that without my other EPs and SPs

I have all digital downloads, and with the exception of Seasons, they don't require a patch
Site Helper
#34 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 4:28 PM
I'm afraid that I'm stumped too. A clean install with a newly generated save game should not experience these problems.
Scholar
Original Poster
#35 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 7:32 PM
Yeah, that's what I figured. I guess it's time to let it die
Test Subject
#36 Old 17th Sep 2013 at 10:00 AM
Yeah, that's what I figured. I guess it's time to let it die
Mine does the same thing on my laptop but not my PC. It is because my graphics card is not very good on my Laptop.It usually goes away after I play for a few minutes.
Site Helper
#37 Old 17th Sep 2013 at 4:56 PM
I asked for system specs, but we can't check them until we get the information that was requested.
Scholar
Original Poster
#38 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 7:40 PM
I asked for system specs, but we can't check them until we get the information that was requested.

Current Date/Time: Monday, September 32, 2013 2:33:05 PM
Computer Name: AELITA
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: LENOVO
System Model: 0679
BIOS: InsydeH20 Version 29CN35WW(V2.12)
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6100 @2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Page File: 3184MB used, 4603MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Site Helper
#39 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 11:33 PM
Where's your graphics card? If you don't have one, that's probably your problem.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 11:45 PM
That looks like a "Lenovo Ideapad G560 0679-4TU 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)" and if so then it has onboard "Graphics Coprocessor Intel GMA 4500 MHD".

If it is the laptop then that is the problem.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
Original Poster
#41 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 5:12 AM
Where's your graphics card? If you don't have one, that's probably your problem.

I'm sure I do; this is a lptop, though, so it could be some kind of integrated thing?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#42 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 5:16 AM
I'm sure I do; this is a lptop, though, so it could be some kind of integrated thing?

That is what she means. You could be running your game on an integrated chip, and those are not a graphics card.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#43 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 12:05 PM
If you follow the instructions in the Game Help:System Specswiki link that Mootilda posted earlier, then you'll be able to check for sure what type of graphics card or chip you have.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
Original Poster
#44 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 9:44 PM

My laptop runs with Intel(R) HD Graphics (Pentium), which is a chip, so I guess I don't have a card. If that's the problem, though, I don't understand why it's only happening now
Mad Poster
#45 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 10:15 PM
For the same reason anything works less and less well as it gets old and/or wears out.
Site Helper
#46 Old 25th Sep 2013 at 4:31 AM
Here are some articles which explain the problem and possible solutions:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...nboard_Graphics
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...r_is_Like_a_Car
Scholar
Original Poster
#47 Old 25th Sep 2013 at 10:56 PM
Well, this morning, I had to do an image recovery after some computer issues and so I had to re-install everything. Long story short, the problem is gone now; the land is now green and normal again. Thanks to those of you who offered advice
Page 2 of 2