Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Base Game Hobby Object Recolours

by Michelle Posted 17th Oct 2013 at 12:49 AM - Updated 17th Oct 2013 at 1:32 AM by Michelle 111

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 4:23 AM
Oh my goodness, I just love all your work, it's so "wonderful" to have all these very fine recolors. I "Must" add you to my most favorite creator list on here. Thanks for your time and sharing with us all here on MTS.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 4:22 PM
Yay!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#4 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 8:31 PM
These are very useful! Thanks for sharing Michelle.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 4:20 PM
yep! my favorite!
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 5:15 PM
It's cool, but I have a kind question to you: could you consider recolouring objects from Castaway too? I use some base game-compatible custom content in Castaway and it works perfectly, but I'm bored to death with those green, grey and yellow bamboo textures all the time. I want to make the island appear more civilised, more like a postcolonial territory, for instance there is a bookshelf that looks like a weathered IKEA bookshelf. I am 90% sure it's the IKEA mesh. Seeing recolours that make the furniture and so on look as if it was washed ashore the island (but not after hundreds of years as it's shown in Castaway :P), it would be perfect. I'm waiting to hear from you :D.
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 11:44 PM
@ Arlesienne, I don't have castaway sorry, I'll head to eBay and see if I can get it, if I do get it I'll take a look and see what I can do for you.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 2:18 AM
Thanks for these recolours! it's just plain bland having only 1 color to select from.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 6:09 PM
I can't thank you enough for all of your AL wood recolors!! I haaaaaate having mismatched wood in my Sims homes! Thank you thank you thank you!! =)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 6:00 AM
Nice!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 11:50 PM
love it
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th May 2014 at 1:50 AM
The indoor chess board was the only one to come up with recolours. All the rest still hadn't changed. And do you need the colour enable package for all of them?
Theorist
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th May 2014 at 3:43 AM
@ Joey.eyeball: Yes hun, you do need the CEP for the recolours to show in game, as far as I know.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 11th May 2014 at 5:06 AM
Thanks a lot! The piano and easel are the best ones!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 7:27 PM
You are my hero, my savior, thank you so much for taking the time to do all these!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#16 Old 9th May 2015 at 2:25 PM
Now my furniture matches finally x3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 7:51 AM
Thanks!
Inventor
#18 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 5:23 PM
Hey, Michelle. I've had the legless chess board for a while and I forgot to mention this before, but when you put them on dining tables, it seems that sims can also place their food in the exact same area and eat there even while someone is using it from the other side. I didn't notice until there were green fumes coming from the board and I was wondering how it was possible - it turns out that they left their plates there overnight. Otherwise, it works like any other chess board.

Thank you for these recolors - I've been itching for a white piano and a black chess board.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 6:20 PM
Hey Michelle, thanks for this. Any chance you'll do them in LACK or did I miss them?
Thanks, Deb
Theorist
Original Poster
#20 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 5:59 AM
@altanna - I remember doing them in LACK colours, not sure if I ever uploaded them though. I will take a look around and get back to you.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 12:53 PM
Micheele, I found them. You did them in a couple of different uploads and they are at Leefish. Sorry, Sim Kids say they want a LACK bedroom, and Deb must have everything there match LOL. Thanks Michelle!!!!
Test Subject
#22 Old 13th Apr 2023 at 11:25 AM
Thank you for this!

Just a query though. I have recently downloaded this set and I have noticed a blue square with the floating chess table if it is inside. Is this normal and has anyone else experienced this?
Theorist
Original Poster
#23 Old 14th Apr 2023 at 3:24 AM
@DoubleDash7 - Thanks for letting me know I will check it out ASAP. Sounds like a shadow problem.