Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Monte Vista.world with Fixes applied

by ellacharmed Posted 13th Dec 2013 at 11:51 AM

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 1:52 PM
Oh, thank the lord. I was so excited to get Monte Vista when I saw how gorgeous it was, and so disappointed to find out how broken it was. This is one fix I've been dying to see.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 4:26 PM
All of Ella's stuff is amazing. I have been sick and haven't had a chance to play for a bit but am looking forward to getting better and playing some sims again.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 5:45 PM
Played Monte Vista only once - lots of lag then CTD - so this makes me want to try it again - thank you!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 6:10 PM
Doing this must take a lot of time, and be a lot of work. I'm glad you're doing it though - it's very helpful!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 5:33 PM
Would it be possible to include a fix for the bookstore in your world? I know it's not a terrain issue and can be fixed by anyone on their own, but it would save a lot of people time since it's the major cause of unroutable sims in Monte Vista. Thanks for the fixes as usual. Your work is always excellent.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 7:16 AM
What do I need to do to fix it, i.e. what is wrong with it?

Is this the "Rabbithole need to be 3-tile away from the edge" issue that was caused by one of the patches? Didn't the later patch (1.57 or 1.63) clear this up? My game on the 1.63 patch and with the fixed version of this world, i.e. this download, is working fine, Rabbithole-wise. Any test Sim (from default EA Households) can visit any Rabbithole, no matter the Career track. And without exiting and re-entering any vehicle: owned, cabs or carpool/school buses.

Are you folks still facing this issue? If so, please state patch version and whether you're using the original world or this fixed one? And Household + Sim name, the Rabbithole with the issue, the Career track and the Career level (or classes you're attempting to attend). Please, and thank you.
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 8:06 PM
For me, I didn't actually run into the problem at all until the first game I played in the fixed version. When it did, I just moved the rabbithole back a couple tiles and the unroutable sim notices stopped. Even though it never happened until I installed the fixed version, I'm more inclined to think that the issue is still there and just doesn't happen consistently rather than thinking it's a problem with the fixed world. Am I the only one who still sees this happening?

I'm patched to 1.63. I didn't keep track of which sims were causing problems. I only noticed that I was getting an inordinate amount of notices a day and it stopped after I fixed the bookstore.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 2:22 PM
But you don't see this issue in the original, and only when having this fixed version triggers it?
Can you test for me again by removing the fixed world and starting another NEW game based on the unfixed Monte Vista.world?

What is the exact 1.63 patch string, and how was the game updated? Via Launcher or Manual Superpatch?

It is difficult to suggest to ResetSim or Reset Household/Lot or Reset Town, if we cannot determine if it affects just one Sim in one Career track in one level or all Careers and all Rabbitholes for ALL Sims in town; is it happening only in this world or ALL worlds?

I tracked down the patch log: Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Patch_Note_1.57wiki. So, it is in 1.57 that EA claims to have this fixed in.
Quote:
Fixed an issue that prevented multiple rabbit holes across various worlds from being routable.
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 4:58 PM
Sorry this took so long. I haven't been playing much Sims lately. But I haven't been able to reproduce what happened in that one save game. :\ I guess it's a non-issue unless other people report a problem, but it's looking fine now. Sorry to induce panic.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 5:50 AM
Thank you for coming back with a status update. A confirmed report that something is not the cause is as good as a positive feedback that it works.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 9:09 PM
Three cheers for ellacharmed! Hip! Hip! HOORAY! Hip! Hip! HOORAY! Hip! Hip! HOORAY!
Test Subject
#13 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 2:38 PM
how can i download it?
i really confused~ T.T
please reply it~
thank you^^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 1:48 AM
I haven't used them yet, but what a wonderful thing to do for us! Thank You :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 8:46 PM
I admit my mods folder is probably the largest folder on my computer, so Sims naturally lags a bit. But Monte Vista is a serious butt nugget out of all the worlds I have. So definitely happy I found this! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 12:58 PM
Thank you so much for fixing such a pretty world with so many issues.
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 2:44 AM
Default 403 FORBIDDEN WHEN I goto download part 1
Hi, whenever I click part 1 I get the 403 forbidden page and it won't download the file. any idea why?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 9:13 PM
I am gonna try one more time since my stupid sims dont accept it..although thanks anyway
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 12:13 PM
Very good work you do. Thanks for making the game more usable!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 11:26 AM
;D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 12:00 PM
really cute!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 4:51 AM
thanks
Test Subject
#23 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 11:05 PM
Ummm... hello, greetings... well I am here to report something "buggy" I have been having with this, 'cause when I put the Monte Vista.world in the InstalledWorlds folder and run the game > create a new world, the stuff instaled in the world ingame is messed, like the office building is replaced by the stuff of the default game.
I run the game in Win8.1 (in a lap ), but I don't think it is problem with my hardware 'cause this happend in my desktop PC with Win10
Scholar
#24 Old 25th May 2016 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlunzaZero
Ummm... hello, greetings... well I am here to report something "buggy" I have been having with this, 'cause when I put the Monte Vista.world in the InstalledWorlds folder and run the game > create a new world, the stuff instaled in the world ingame is messed, like the office building is replaced by the stuff of the default game.
I run the game in Win8.1 (in a lap ), but I don't think it is problem with my hardware 'cause this happend in my desktop PC with Win10

This is late but for whoever else may be confused, this is file that applies fixes to the already installed Monte vista world. Meaning you must have Monte Vista installed, likely via a sims3pack file, in the launcher. The Monte Vista sims3pack file is what contains Monte Vista's objects and rabbitholes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 2:05 PM
It is a lot of work. Thanks for this
Page 1 of 2