Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE: 5-JAN-2016) New and Improved Eiffel Tower (Non-CaSTable)

by icarus_allsorts Posted 21st Jan 2014 at 1:51 PM - Updated 5th Jan 2016 at 8:07 AM by icarus_allsorts : Translation added

104 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 66 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 2:29 PM
Great Work! Nicely Done too!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 2:51 PM
This is amazing! Why the heck would EA remove a fully-functional object that lends depth to- ... oh, right. EA.

Still, thanks for adding this functionality back into the game. Now one of the greatest symbols of France has a purpose other than increasing polygon count~!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 3:42 PM
Can't wait to try this! Thank you!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 4:05 PM
I only sort of realized there WAS an Eiffel Tower! Now I will use it!!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 4:23 PM
Wow, this is amazing! Sounds like it is really complex, but it seems like it will be worth it!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 4:24 PM
You really did a great job on this!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! It's simply phantastic!
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 5:06 PM
Wow, this is amazing You really did a great job on this!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! <3
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 5:51 PM
Good job! Now I will have a reason to use the object in France. Thanks very much for sharing it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 6:39 PM
Thank you! Great Job
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 6:43 PM
That's so cool! I look forward to trying it out in my game! Let's see if I can manage to attach the Swedish translation...
Attached files:
File Type: rar  StringTableStrings_SWE_SE_1573f5d2089a062e.rar (517 Bytes, 22 downloads)
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by echoweaver
I only sort of realized there WAS an Eiffel Tower! Now I will use it!!
diddo never knew it
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#13 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 8:22 PM
Amazing. Simply amazing. I thought the Eiffel Tower object was purely decorative! I had no idea that those codes were even in the game! Truly a great mod. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 10:33 PM
fine thank you, i like your work.
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 10:48 PM
Thank you for this! *sends my newly wed sim couple to France*
THANKS POST
#16 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 4:54 AM
awesome !!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 6:17 AM
Having been to the top of the real tower (which is awesome!) - this makes me smile. Now my Sims can go there too!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 10:48 AM
This is amazing, thank you so much!
Here's the Dutch translations:

Take Elevator To Top: De lift naar boven nemen
Take Elevator To Top With: De lift naar boven nemen met
Take Stairs To Top: De trap naar boven nemen
Take Stairs To Top With: De trap naar boven nemen met
Wondrous View: Prachtig uitzicht
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 3:26 PM
Brilliant!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 3:32 PM
Thank you!
Here's the German translation:

Take Elevator To Top: Aufzug zur Spitze benutzen
Take Elevator To Top With: Aufzug zur Spitze benutzen mit
Take Stairs To Top: Treppen zur Spitze benutzen
Take Stairs To Top With: Treppen zur Spitze benutzen mit
Wondrous View: Herrlicher Ausblick
The Text: Die Spitze des Eiffelturms bietet einen unvergesslichen Ausblick und übertrifft selbst die Erwartungen der besten Reisebroschüre. (Wegen: Eiffelturm)
Field Researcher
#21 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 3:49 PM
WOW! This is really brilliant! Can't wait to visit the tower! Thank you!
And here're the translations for both Chinese(zh-CN) and Chinese(zh-TW):
Attached files:
File Type: rar  STBL_zh-CN_zh-TW.rar (587 Bytes, 7 downloads)
THANKS POST
#22 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 4:00 PM
Love this..thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 4:09 PM
All the pieces conflicted with each other..........I have everything up to & including Island Paradise & updates too.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 10:28 PM
You can't take the stairs in the real Eiffel tower unless the elevator is down, though -- part of how they make their money. ;-)

Anyway, the reason why the Eiffel tower wasn't included in the game is pretty obvious -- because the Eiffel Tower's in Paris. Champs Les Sims, on the other hand, resembles a little French winery village somewhere far up the Seine.

(Of course, that didn't stop them from putting the Pyramids and the Sphinx in Al Simhara, in spite of the fact that both are pretty much smack dab in the middle of a massive city these days.)

In fact, part of what I've pondered over repeatedly is what French gamers (who have The Sims 3) and Egyptian gamers (who also have The Sims 3) think about World Adventures. It's too bad they're done making expansions or I would suggest "The Sims 3: Viva Las Simgas", where people would visit the big city, lose all of their money to gambling, and become morbidly obese from any food they eat there. Since we're talking about preconceived biases and all. ;-)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 5:07 AM
Thanks guys for the comments and translations. Currently working on adding translations AND updating the to enable Field Trips.

@MariTom & Luktop & anyone interested in translating: Thanks, but those texts should already have been translated by EA. The only things I need translated are
Take Elevator To Top With Group / Take Elevator To Top With Pack / Take Elevator To Top With Date
Take Stairs To Top With Group / Take Stairs To Top With Pack / Take Stairs To Top With Date
As for the text for the description of the Wondrous View buff, that should also be already translated by EA, but I suggest you go in game and read it first and IF you feel it should be changed feel free to tell me what you want it changed to. (I only changed the English one so that it would fit in all worlds besides France)

@SuthernDel: Did you try using ALL 3 packages at once, because you should only use ONE at a time

@JT' : I personally like Champs Les Sims as it is now actually, though I did read that EA did at first perhaps to make the France world a town with the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe like they did with Al Simhara. For better or worse they scrapped the idea, but not before actually making the objects and even creating the code for the Eiffel Tower AND all the interactions AND the Wondrous View moodlet which have all been left in the game ever since. Just thought it'd be fun to make it functional again (plus it annoyed me that though EA explicitly removed all interactions from it, the default Eiffel Tower still displays a blank map tag even when I just want to use it decoratively in town)
Page 1 of 5