Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 7:49 AM Last edited by Sirenescence : 8th May 2014 at 7:46 PM.
Default Sirenescence's Sims - Gal Gadot, Elsa, Hawkgirl etc.
My first attempt at making a sim was a bit...blah. So I'm leaving her in my bin for a bit as I work on other sims.

Like pretty much everyone else right now I have fallen in love with the Disney movie Frozen. And Elsa. I thought she would be pretty interesting to sim, I've been working on her off and on for about a month now.

I am aware of her nose, its...funky. I just don't feel like fixing it right this moment. Her eyes and skin are just random ones I slapped on since I'm focusing on sculpting her features. Some advice and critique would be amazing since I realize she is FAR from finished. But I hope she's at least a pretty decent start. Thanks!

Tinúviel elvanui
Elleth alfirin edhelhael
O hon ring finnil fuinui
A renc gelebrin thiliol...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 2:04 PM
I think this is a good start! I'd personally make her eyes a little further apart and see if you can bring the nose bridge back to try and make it less prominent.

Also, if I'm not mistaken there's a slider out there that affects the size of the iris/pupil that you might want to use to make her eyes bigger, but that's dependent on how you feel about custom sliders.
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 1:44 AM
as mentioned there's a lot of sliders there to explore and her eyes are not flatten a little more just like the pic: I will show you one of the other sim creator who did it great so you will have an idea on it.. HERE
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 2:18 AM Last edited by Sirenescence : 11th Mar 2014 at 7:08 AM.

Thanks for the feedback! I moved her eyes further apart, fixed her jaw and cheeks, fixed her nose (the bridge is not wanting to completely disappear) and I completely redid the mouth but it still looks off to me. I do not mind custom sliders at all and I grabbed a couple for her pupils to make them larger. There's something not right about her face though. She doesn't look...mature? Her features are supposed to be a little harder but I don't know what else to fix. Thoughts?

*EDIT*
Ooookay why are you guys marking my post as unhelpful? And disagreeing with it? If you don't like how my sim looks well she's still a work in progress. Don't be a jerk about it.

Tinúviel elvanui
Elleth alfirin edhelhael
O hon ring finnil fuinui
Instructor
#5 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 8:03 AM
Don't mind those. If they disagreed enough, they would write a constructive comment, right? *cough*

First off, I'm a bit out of my depth here. I'm not too good with cartoons, and I'm probably the only woman in the world who hasn't seen Frozen, but I'll give it a go. Feel free to ignore me, if it doesn't make sense to you
Right, I think you can adjust the nose bridge height downwards, to give the shape you want. I'm thinking you might want to play with definition, to only make the bottom seem defined.
Something has gone wrong with the eyes - they're so distorted, that they've created clipping around them. I have no experience with sliders like that, so I can't be sure how to fix it, but I would imagine it's a matter of making small adjustments until the clipping goes away.
I'm not sure if it's all the slider at the eyes, or if you actually need to move them up a bit - there's a large clipping underneath, as if they cut into the cheekbone. You'll have to experiment with it a bit
I can't really give any advice on the mouth, as I don't know how it looks when she's not smiling.
Can you make the chin and jaw slimmer? You know, to get that triangle shape her face seems to have.
I like the new skin and I like the improvements you've made. Keep it up, ok?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 9:24 PM
Thank you Tigerdyher I made the changes you suggested and I added a new reference photo (this is literally the only photo I could find of her with a neutral expression. And its not even a front view -_-)

She still needs a lot of work, her nose and her mouth mostly. But I thought I would post this before I went crazy and accidentally messed her up.

Tinúviel elvanui
Elleth alfirin edhelhael
O hon ring finnil fuinui
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 12:23 AM
I think she's looking better. The jaw feels a little large to me, and the space between the bottom lip and the chin might be too big. Could you perhaps lower the jaw width and bring the face down? I can't remember if that's an EA slider or a custom one but there's one that does that.

Also, your changes seem to have moved the eyebrows much closer to the eyelids. In the ref pic, there's a gap at least the height of her mouth between Elsa's eyelids and eyebrows. You might want to pull the brows up.

(P.S. Ignore the unhelpfuls and disagrees. If people can't be bothered to post and give any advice or constructie criticism, then their opinions don't even matter.)
Scholar
#8 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 2:51 AM
Good start! Narrow the nasal bridge a bit. It looks to me like the eyes are tilted upwards at the outer corners a bit too much and are too wide open (up and down). The sim appears cross eyed but I'm not sure how to fix that. The nose at the nostrils looks much better. Bottom lip might be just a bit too thick/tall up and down. Getting better!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 4:49 AM
Made all the changes you guys suggested! Thank you so much for your suggestions, I have to admit I did want to stop posting when I was getting all the negative "feedback" but like tedw said, their opinion doesn't matter if they won't even bother to post.

I messed with her mouth a lot, it looks much better (at least to me) changed little things too like lip and hair color. I don't like her brows but they are as high up as they'll go.

Tinúviel elvanui
Elleth alfirin edhelhael
O hon ring finnil fuinui
Mad Poster
#10 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 11:39 AM
she looks angry and cross eyed.. untilt the eyes a bit or change them.. the eyebrows should be a little higher and not oas arched
Scholar
#11 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 10:12 PM
If you can't raise the eyebrows anymore, maybe move the eyes down a bit and move the nasal bridge up. If you search, I believe there is a slider available that you can use to uncross the eyes.

Edit: I think this might be the slider to use http://www.modthesims.info/d/444824.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 12:37 AM
I was wondering when somebody would try this. It's looking good in my opinion, but I think the hair from the first post is better and helped with the resemblance and you're doing create, considering it's a cartoon character and there features i.e. nose, facial structure aren't really defined and can be hard to recreate realistically.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 5:56 AM Last edited by Sirenescence : 14th Mar 2014 at 3:29 PM.
I spent almost two hours fixing little things I saw that weren't right but ended up hating the final result. So I only fixed the eyebrows, eyes, and the jaw. (I just slapped a random hairstyle on her since I was getting tired of seeing the same one.) There is something really off about her, I think its her lips. They look too soft. I also grabbed new eyebrows, I don't really like them

Tinúviel elvanui
Elleth alfirin edhelhael
O hon ring finnil fuinui
Mad Poster
#14 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 7:07 AM
it's pretty good so far, but the eyebrows still need changing. change the shape of them to look more like the picture and her eyes need to be less wide. if you could post a comparison picture with the character facing forward instead of to the side, that would be great

maybe something like this for her hair..

http://beaverhausenx.tumblr.com/pos...e-female-t-e-v1

i'm still looking for other alternatives
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 3:35 PM Last edited by Sirenescence : 14th Mar 2014 at 4:04 PM.
I have searched high and low for a picture of her facing forward and I have not been able to find a suitable one. The one I'm using now is the only picture I found of her with a neutral expression. And I've noticed that she looks slightly different in the movie than in the promotional pictures so those I cannot use either. I'll search again, now that the DVD is close to being released more screencaps of the movie should crop up.

These eyebrows just do not want to work with me, they're too arched. I'm looking for new ones to use. And I have that hair style, I didn't really like it on her (but thanks for finding it for me!) I'm still looking as well, I'm hoping someone who REALLY loved the movie comes out with a whole new hair mesh for her with the snowflakes in her braid and everything! I doubt that will happen but I can dream

*EDIT*

I finally found one picture that could work but I also went on YouTube and made some screencaps to use as well. They're not the best quality but they're better than nothing I guess. Which one should I use as my primary?

Here's the photo I found on Google Images:

Tinúviel elvanui
Elleth alfirin edhelhael
O hon ring finnil fuinui
dodgy builder
#16 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 4:03 PM
I haven't seen the movie either, sorry about that I found a google search: https://www.google.no/search?q=disn...ih=955#imgdii=_

Is this a picture you can use?

My main concern is that she looks a bit boney if you know what I mean, you need to soften up quite a lot if you ask me Narrow her chin as well, she almost have non.
Screenshots
Instructor
#17 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by as mentioned there's a lot of sliders there to explore and her eyes are not flatten a little more just like the pic: I will show you one of the other sim creator who did it great so you will have an idea on it..
HERE

your getting close Sirenescene just try hard >_< just like mine... creating 'Chloë' but MrAustine's right here's one but not close to the real one it should give you a shape.. Adjust a bit upper for her eye socket as shown in the pic...

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 4:09 PM
That's alright! I appreciate your help anyway! (But I do STRONGLY urge you to see it. It is very good. Not the BEST Disney movie ever but still it was very enjoyable)

Yes I can use that! Thank you! I think I may just have a collage of different reference photos since she looks just a bit different in each photo grr...

I agree! I kept on saying to myself that her face wasn't full enough while working on her last night but I just...didn't...fix it. I will! Thank you!

*EDIT*

So. Many. Replies! Thank you guys so much, I really do appreciate all of the help. God knows I need it...

Thanks MrDensilter! The shape of her face is closer to what I'm trying to get to (I actually have that sim, I thought it looked so close but there was still some little things that weren't right. After getting her it made me want to try my hand at making Elsa.) I feel so close but yet so far away, there's just something off about her that I can't seem to fix. I won't give up though!

Tinúviel elvanui
Elleth alfirin edhelhael
O hon ring finnil fuinui
Instructor
#19 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sirenescence
That's alright! I appreciate your help anyway! (But I do STRONGLY urge you to see it. It is very good. Not the BEST Disney movie ever but still it was very enjoyable)

Yes I can use that! Thank you! I think I may just have a collage of different reference photos since she looks just a bit different in each photo grr...

I agree! I kept on saying to myself that her face wasn't full enough while working on her last night but I just...didn't...fix it. I will! Thank you!

*EDIT*

So. Many. Replies! Thank you guys so much, I really do appreciate all of the help. God knows I need it...

Thanks MrDensilter! The shape of her face is closer to what I'm trying to get to (I actually have that sim, I thought it looked so close but there was still some little things that weren't right. After getting her it made me want to try my hand at making Elsa.) I feel so close but yet so far away, there's just something off about her that I can't seem to fix. I won't give up though!

that's the spirit I liked it same to me I'll never give up, creating Chloë Moretz Sim good luck for both of us hope that we will see our works in the Download section page

Download Policy
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 6:35 AM
New skin, new eyebrows, new eyes, new new new. Not sure if new is better but I got a bunch of new CC for dear Elsa.

Eyes, nose, eyebrows, jaw, cheeks, chin, lips, pretty much everything has been changed or tweaked. I personally think she is getting much closer, there's a couple more things that I see that are off (her eyes need to be wider, for some reason my game is glitching out and her eyes will not change at all when I mess with the sliders. Its odd.) And the top lip does not want to smooth out, there's still a little indent. Everything is really trial and error with this sim (Lord knows how many versions of her I have in my sim bin)

More reference pictures:

Tinúviel elvanui
Elleth alfirin edhelhael
O hon ring finnil fuinui
Instructor
#21 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 7:01 AM
Can you get a neutral face? In the last picture she's looking up.
I googled for "elsa frozen concept art", and I think you might consider using some of those, because they have pictures of her neutral face. It might make it easier to see the proportions better.
I think her nose bridge width is way to wide. I think if you manipulate the depth, rotation and width, you can almost "eliminate" it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th May 2014 at 7:55 PM
No reply for over a month? The only excuse I have for not updating is life. But I have managed to snag some free time to play some more Sims. And since I keep on flitting from sim to sim when I get tired of working on a certain sim, I decided to just make this thread to post multiple sims I'm working on. Elsa is not done, but I have been working on her I'm just not ready to show her until some major changes are made. In the mean time I have been working on my first sim based on a real person.

Gal Gadot, the new Wonder Woman.

She really has come a long way since I started working on her, Example

Yeah not pretty, any thoughts on my current Gal? Her nose is giving me grief at the moment, I just can't pin down what needs changed.

Tinúviel elvanui
Elleth alfirin edhelhael
O hon ring finnil fuinui
Scholar
#23 Old 10th May 2014 at 2:01 AM
Great job! The only thing I see to change is the nose. It needs to be wider at the nostrils with more nose tip mass - not necessarily wider nostrils. Perhaps also the tip turned down a bit. The model's nose is much more of a triangle shape.

For Elsa, you might try bringing the eyes or upper eyelids down so that there is no white showing below the irises. That would give you more space between the eyes and eyebrows. Other than that, maybe narrow/smooth the jaw a little as the model has no jaw really - just a very round face. Should the eye color be more blue and less turquoise? Looking forward to updates!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th May 2014 at 8:32 PM
Did the changes you suggested. Her nose is still being a little bugger. This isn't the *best* ref image but its closer to her "normal" face than the previous. One of these days I will make a compilation of the various ref pictures I've been using.

I also worked on Elsa a wee bit then I promptly exited the game cause I was getting so frustrated -_- her face is so hard to replicate! And my game is REALLY slow at the moment so I didn't feel like fighting with it. I'll add a pic of her and a bonus of Hawkgirl (who I've been slowly but surely revising) from my previous thread (both pictures are edited mind you)

But I want to focus solely on Gal for now, I'll just work a bit on Elsa and Shiera here and there.

Tinúviel elvanui
Elleth alfirin edhelhael
O hon ring finnil fuinui
Instructor
#25 Old 28th May 2014 at 11:45 AM
i feel sorry for your elsa thing :P

Download Policy
Hitman Legacy Challenge