Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE 19-JUL-2016) Choose Your Resort Buffet Foods

by icarus_allsorts Posted 9th Apr 2014 at 11:57 PM - Updated 19th Jul 2016 at 3:35 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 12:26 AM
Damn what a great idea! Thanks for doing this.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 2:12 AM
This is awesome icarus... I've always wanted something like this in my game. What a great idea. Thank you so much for making this.
PS... I've posted the link already :)
brappl
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 2:27 AM Last edited by mikey : 10th Apr 2014 at 8:50 PM.
Woo

Moderator Edit: Please read the Site Rules & Guidelines
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 3:39 AM
Another really awesomely brilliant mod. I do not understand why your mods are never selected as picked or featured; they are brilliant and obviously take a lot of work. I've never run a resort yet either, but is there a way to have this work for any buffet table?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 4:19 AM
Thanks for checking out the mod guys.

Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
I've never run a resort yet either, but is there a way to have this work for any buffet table?

Inge's Buffet Table lets you choose what gets served, you can check it out at through the link in the Additional Credits
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 11:30 AM
Thank you for the wonderful Download!! I love it!
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 11:34 AM
Kudos! Awesome mod. I agree with others, that this should've been featured
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 8:23 PM
Well done! I can't wait to check it out.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 11:49 PM
Awesome! I've been wanting this since IP came out!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 3:01 PM
Absolutely wonderful!!! ♥
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 4:08 PM
Default :!: Nraas Traveler conflict :!:
Hi Icarus,

Here I am (J4Ks) again with some news, I think not crucial but NRaas Traveler isn't happy:
#0: 0x00017 callvirt in icarusallsorts.icarusallsorts.ResortBuffetTableInstantiator:OnWorldLoadFinished (object,System.EventArgs) ([2FE988A0] [2FEF94D8] )
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Full ScriptError is attached. Hopefully its easily fixable, do want the mod though!

Nonetheless, great work and thanks for your efforts, really appreciated!!!

Greetz,
Steve!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ScriptError_STEVSET.rar (1.7 KB, 11 downloads)
Description: Error Nraas Traveler mod
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 4:51 PM
@stevset: Thanks for the report. I THINK I've fixed it so give this new version a whirl. Btw Thanks for the vigilance as usual I should really should just run through all my future mods with you before I upload them, shouldn't I ;P
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 8:47 PM
Nice, Icarus. Thanks for making our game more enjoyable. The fixes worked and the buy able buffet also shows on non-resorts lots. THANK YOU!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 1:51 AM
This is officially the greatest thing since cheese on crackers. Thank you!
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#16 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 4:10 PM
I've gotten to the point to whenever I see a new upload of yours, I immediately download it. The only problem is...this is the second time one of your mods has prevented my savegames from loading!! At least you fix and update your mods!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gamefreak130
The only problem is...this is the second time one of your mods has prevented my savegames from loading!! :lol

Oh dear. So does the save load fine without the mod in? How about starting a new game with the mod in, does that work?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 8:14 AM
Thank you for this. I always wanted to select the food arrangement for my buffet tables.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 6th May 2014 at 10:48 PM
Thanks! I think this will come really handy if I run a resort!
Test Subject
#20 Old 8th May 2014 at 3:56 PM
i can't find the grand buffet in buy mode, how come?
Scholar
#21 Old 8th May 2014 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DANYMOCHTAR
i can't find the grand buffet in buy mode, how come?

Did you also install the optional package file 'Buyable Resort Table?' That should make it show up in where the resort tables usually show, thats 'Surfaces/Dining Tables, Entertainment/Parties, etc'
Normally it is a tricky one to find. Before I installed the optional package, I found actually being in a resort while going into Edit Town>Buy Mode, the Resort tab shows up in Community Objects (I believe it's there, I'm not in front of my computer at the moment, someone correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway, use the optional package, its easier! lol
Once you find it, maybe move it into a custom collection so you can find it easier next time
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th May 2014 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
Did you also install the optional package file 'Buyable Resort Table?' That should make it show up in where the resort tables usually show, thats 'Surfaces/Dining Tables, Entertainment/Parties, etc'
Normally it is a tricky one to find. Before I installed the optional package, I found actually being in a resort while going into Edit Town>Buy Mode, the Resort tab shows up in Community Objects (I believe it's there, I'm not in front of my computer at the moment, someone correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway, use the optional package, its easier! lol
Once you find it, maybe move it into a custom collection so you can find it easier next time

i have installed both of them, but i still can't find the grand buffet either in surface/dining tables or entertainment/parties, i have updated my games to the latest (1.67), please help...
Scholar
#23 Old 9th May 2014 at 2:24 AM
i have installed both of them, but i still can't find the grand buffet either in surface/dining tables or entertainment/parties, i have updated my games to the latest (1.67), please help...

That's strange. I can't think why it wouldn't show up. I assume you installed the packages in the right folder (Mods>Packages). Make sure to clear caches before starting the game, especially 'scriptCache.package'.
With the optional package installed, it should show up in Entertainment>Parties, 'The Grand Buffet', with a blue table cloth, costing 370§. It may look like an empty, normal buffet table but just place it somewhere then once you use the cheat on it (CTRL-Shift-Click on the table in buy mode or live mode) you'll know its the one.
I hope you find it. If you still can't see it, then I don't know whats up...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 9th May 2014 at 7:24 AM

Does it appear in Build Mode (under the Resort Tab in the Community Section) when editing/building a Resort Lot?
Test Subject
#25 Old 9th May 2014 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
Does it appear in Build Mode (under the Resort Tab in the Community Section) when editing/building a Resort Lot?

appear, but i want to place this buffet in the house lot...
Page 1 of 3