Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2014 at 2:31 PM
Default Trees move randomly after saving the world in CAW
Hey guys, I've been working on an edit of the town from University Life for a few months now, and over the past few days I've noticed that some of the trees will seemingly randomly move around - and not just vertically. I passed the sculpting stage long ago, and there were no problems with that - all I have been doing is editing lots using EIG, and I can't figure out what is causing the tree clusters to move around. I replaced the trees layer with one from a previous backup, and all was solved...until I saved the world again, and some of the newly imported trees made their way into the middle of lots and roads. Any help on solving this would be greatly appreciated, as I can't save the world without it fudging the trees, so I can't export it. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 6th May 2014 at 2:30 AM Last edited by chreai : 6th May 2014 at 2:48 AM.
I can't imagine why in the world you would want to "cure" all those trees which are obviously alive! I would give anything to have Ents in my game. Ah, the possibilities! Put all the moving trees in one big cluster at the edge of the map, call it Fangorn Forest, then rename your world Middle-Earth. Problem solved!

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th May 2014 at 1:40 PM
I had one project where the trees kept moving to places where I didn't want them located and I had to abandon that project because it was obviously glitched and I've got other worlds I completed like Gibsons,Winfield,and Oak Leaf in CAW.You might just restart the project with a new map and delete the old one because it seems to have become glitched and the file might've gone bad.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th May 2014 at 2:10 PM Last edited by Qahne : 16th May 2014 at 12:28 AM.
I managed to find some free time last night to do a little experimentation with the world - I exported it in CAW, then used SimSample's method for opening premade worlds in CAW to get the packed version of my world back into CAW - it worked! No more issues to be had. I'm not sure if it will last or not, but I have no reason to doubt that simply packing the world, importing the packed version and working on that will solve my weird trees.

EDIT: No, scratch that - the issue is still happening. Bugger it all, I don't know what I'm going to do. I've spent about a year working on this project, and it's so close to completion now. Can anyone offer me a helping hand or is my perfect Main Street, USA doomed?

Quote:
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 17th May 2014 at 11:19 PM
The only think that comes to mind is that there may have been sculpting changes (however minor) between versions when you imported the older tree layer, and that might be causing it to go haywire on export. Maybe try it again, but uncluster all the trees, export/import the height map to force it to recalculate, and then recluster the trees. (Reconnect any bridges afterward.)

Of course, refreshing the height map and cleaning the global layer are my go-to moves for all weird glitches; they seem to work a good portion of the time. I suppose they are the Sims version of "have you tried rebooting?"
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th May 2014 at 9:59 PM
So I just had a look at my global layer and I have 1879 objects there o.O I think you might be right, SharaRose! Can't believe that wasn't the first thing I checked. I'll try it tomorrow and let you know if it solves my issue - at this point, I honestly can't think of anything else that could be the culprit. Thanks!

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !