Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Quedlinburg – Abandoned House

by plasticbox Posted 29th Aug 2014 at 1:06 AM - Updated 29th Aug 2014 at 4:40 PM by plasticbox

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 5:39 AM
Aaahhh thank you so much! I love that neighborhood deco and had contemplated building it for myself before I decided I was too lazy. Now I can have it anyway!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 1:19 PM Last edited by Fergus' Mind : 29th Aug 2014 at 1:30 PM.
This is the best recreation of it that I've seen. You've done a really good and thorough job of recreating the tone of the house. I attempted to recreate it myself but I went more with the real-life house that it replicates(still in great condition and looking loved and lived in) rather than the abandoned version from the game. But I really like what you've done here. I'm also really glad you used that wonderful stove of yours because I had that in my game ages ago and then it disappeared and for the life of me I couldn't remember where I got it from. So thanks for that too.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 2:15 PM
Thanks for another great looking house!!!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 4:54 PM
@Fergus' Mind , are there any other recreations of this? Of the prop, I mean? I’ve never seen any; would be curious to see how others have rebuilt it. And since you say “the real-life house that it replicates” .. this is a specific house? I never knew that. Can you point me at any links? I’m really curious now =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Scholar
#6 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
@Fergus' Mind , are there any other recreations of this? Of the prop, I mean? I’ve never seen any; would be curious to see how others have rebuilt it. And since you say “the real-life house that it replicates” .. this is a specific house? I never knew that. Can you point me at any links? I’m really curious now =)

The other ones I saw were on the exchange, so that gives you a kind of idea of the quality they were. As for the real house, I think I stumbled across its realestate listing online, possibly on Zillow. If I remember correctly it's in California/Oregon. But there's a lot of properties for sale there and I don't think they listed it with the build date, so finding it will be like finding a needle in a hay-stack, but when I get the chance I shall go digging for it. I believe it was painted a pale yellow/greyish colour on the exterior and had a great formal staircase that swept down to meet you at the front door. If I do manage to find it I'll let you know.
P.S. Here's an image that I found but the page it's from had no info on the house itself, only that it's Italianate in style, but I could have told you that.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 8:09 PM
I think I actually have that exact pic (the one you just posted) in my "ideas" folder!! That must be something that comes up on Google results page 1 when searching for "Italianate" =)

Thanks for looking, anyway =) I assume there's probably lots of similar real houses -- I was thinking there is an in-game reference that I don't know about, perhaps in the name or description text. (Does it have an in-game name at all?) I’m not terribly familiar with famous American mansions, after all =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 2:07 PM
YES!!!!!!! There is finally a perfect house that was exactly what I was looking for. THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 12:05 PM
Aaaawesome and then some :D
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fergus' Mind
The other ones I saw were on the exchange, so that gives you a kind of idea of the quality they were. ...

B.U.R.N.

... no T no shade ^^
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 12:59 PM
First - wonderful recreation! :lovestruc

And yes, I saw some attempts to build the same prop too, but I ain´t sure where. I think, one was here on MTS too. Exchange - I usually do not look there for anything else than worlds.

But I have a question. You called it Quedlinburg, and although I don´t build Quedlinburg, this building would fit damn nice into my new neighborhood. Particulary the fact, that you offer the building without lot is useful for me, and so I would kindly ask, if you would allow me to use it for my town (and for an upload some day then - with credits for sure)?
If you want to know, which town: have a look into the houses and landscaping pictures here. Altensimmen is, what I am working on.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 1:08 PM
Sure you can use this. Have fun! The only requirement is that you include a link to the original upload (i.e., this thread).

(And it’s got nothing to do with the city/town Quedlinburg, the names are really just random names I gave the tester households ..

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 1:19 PM
Thank You! And for sure I will give cred s and links to any and every download I am using here.

Could be, that I´ll change minor things like the wooden facade into brickwork. As soon as I´ll have a place for it, I will show you a picture. If you´re pleased with it, then I will continue, if not, then I will not. Easy, or? At first I thought, I would build everything by myself, but I really like the idea to have a few very special buildings made by real artists. And your´s is definitely artwork.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 1:33 PM
No need to "get permision" or anything -- you can do whatever you want! (This is why I insist on backlinks -- that way, people are still aware of the original version, so even if you cover it in neon pink zebra stripes, it's always clear who made what simply by looking at the uploads).

Scholar
#15 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 5:43 PM
If it's any constellation, I've managed to take some pictures of the prop from all angles, although I forgot to check what the prop is actually called.
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 5:58 PM
Well now I have already built it =) and I'm not going to revisit this (currently downloading TS4 -- 22%! Go Go Go! I guess that'll keep me busy for a while ..)

But thank you! Still good to have comparison pics, if only so that people can see in what way it's different =). Or maybe someone wants to edit it into something resembling the prop more closely.

Test Subject
#17 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 8:51 PM
The Cornices don't appear to be available anymore. Is there any way you can include them in your download?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 9:02 PM
AweSims seem to be still active, so can you let them know about it? It's their content, not mine.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 1:25 PM
beautiful house !!
Test Subject
#20 Old 30th May 2015 at 7:57 PM
I want to download this house and the required stuff for it, but the cornices aren't available for download anymore. How much would that affect the house?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 30th May 2015 at 8:28 PM
You could try using one of the Maxis cornices and give it similar colours .. I don't remember exactly since I haven't used TS3 in quite a long time, but I believe one Maxis cornice and one of the Awesims cornices were almost exactly the same height.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 8:18 AM
WOW, thank you so much for making the same house on a tiny lot -- I can slip beauty this into a 30x30, OH YEAH!! Just love it, :-)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 12:10 PM
Perfect for Midnight Hollow! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 3:24 AM
This house is lovely! I had been looking for a house for a family of supernaturals (with basement rooms for vampires and ghosts) and this fits the bill perfectly!! Thank you!