Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Eminence Grise
#26 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
That's probably what I'm doing wrong. I kept the "MY_" and yf or ym just to keep things in order. I'll be more creative and see if it helps Thanks! :D
Does the file name really matter or is it the actual recolor name, since that's set even if you save the package differently.

Yeah, heh... the name you type in the app is used to generate a unique identifier for the package used internally in the game. If there's more than one item with the same identifier, only one will load. So it has to be unique, not just in your game but ideally among the whole universe of simmers, so that there won't be conflicts for other people who download your work. That's why it's good to start it with your name, and use a name which distinguishes it from other stuff you make.

I will go and make that clear in the instructions, and suggest that maybe Grant make it clearer in the app itself
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 2:17 AM
I took out everything except the default replacement eyes, eyeshadow replacements and the crossback dress recolors, and finally able to see the CC I installed. Installed only one of the Rusty Nail dress and was able to get that to show. Wonders if it was a file naming that caused me not to see any of the CC earlier? Hmm.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
#28 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 5:33 AM
Oh my God, there is CC for Sims 4 already! MODS, MAKE A DOWNLOAD SECTION!
Field Researcher
#29 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 2:59 AM
God, I can't WAIT to get into modding! I haven't modded for any Sims (but downloaded plenty) and really want to get into my own hair and clothes!

Will there be a tutorial somewhere for first-timers?

Check out The Moore Legacy, a Sims4 legacy blog.
Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
Eminence Grise
#30 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 3:04 AM
There's a semi-tutorial right now, and as we speak, Grant is reworking the tool as a wizard to make it a lot more obvious how to use it.

One thing there's no substitute for though -- you'll need an image editor that supports DDS, and you'll need to know how to use it So unless you already have the skillz, pick up Gimp (or Photoshop if you're wealthy) and some tutorials for that, and start practicing Modern image-editing software is pretty complex.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 3:40 AM
That's both helpful and daunting... Especially as I now need to ask what DDS is... :S

Check out The Moore Legacy, a Sims4 legacy blog.
Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
Scholar
#32 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 4:50 AM Last edited by Jaylo : 2nd Aug 2014 at 1:56 PM.
It's just a file type. Both Gimp and Photoshops have plugins that allow you to open and save dds images, but you can edit them like any old image.

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Instructor
Original Poster
#33 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 3:47 AM
Greetings everyone,

I just wanted to let you know I've uploaded a new version of the recolor tool. You can find it here: http://sims4.the-prof.net/?p=188

This one only does non-default replacement items and fixes the crash bug for clothing with image based color swatches. I will be updating this further once the weekend arrives again (full time job leaves me too tired to program on week nights).

Let me know what issues you see and what creations you make

--Grant

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Mad Poster
#34 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 4:56 AM
It looks great, Grant! I only wish I had the demo so I could give it a spin, but I am rooting for you from the sidelines.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Eminence Grise
#35 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 5:04 AM
By the way... today's version of ColorMagic has some support for customizing swatches (the boxes that let you select which recolor you want to use). The functionality isn't finalized in CM yet (and the interface for it is also not final), but if you want to experiment with it, I've written up an explanation of how swatches work here: http://sims4.the-prof.net/?topic=about-swatches
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 6:32 PM
It worked!

Eminence Grise
#37 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nandonalt
It worked!

Good job Nando! way to jazz up the boring jumpsuit and nice custom swatch!
Instructor
#38 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 1:06 PM
I finally made my first mod ever. It was a little bit of a pain - if it wasn't one thing, it was another.

Eventually, I got it right. Sort of. The sponge looks very distorted according to the body type of the sim. I might have to play with around with the skew tool, or whatever, but it's staying like this for now. No more, please

For some reason I just really like lord sponge. A t-shirt version of this is what my sim would usually use as sleepwear in TS3. Freezer bunny ain't got nothing on the toothy sponge.
Eminence Grise
#39 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 6:54 PM
Glad you succeeded In your other thread I linked the new tut on recoloring at platinum simmers ( http://www.platinumsimmers.com/arti...for-the-sims-4/ for anybody who comes here first), but it looks like you don't need it

And yeah, always best to test any non-solid design on sims of different body shapes... that's why it's required here at MTS to show that. In the case of a sponge thoug... they're SUPPOSED to be squishy
Instructor
#40 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 1:35 AM
Thank you, I actually used the tutorial you have linked on the original post here. I couldn't have done it without it. Also, now that I think about it, I might actually leave the sponge tank like that because it looks kind of comical depending on who's wearing it.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DiAnkhiar
I finally made my first mod ever. It was a little bit of a pain - if it wasn't one thing, it was another.

Eventually, I got it right. Sort of. The sponge looks very distorted according to the body type of the sim. I might have to play with around with the skew tool, or whatever, but it's staying like this for now. No more, please

For some reason I just really like lord sponge. A t-shirt version of this is what my sim would usually use as sleepwear in TS3. Freezer bunny ain't got nothing on the toothy sponge.

Beware of the boob munching sponge!

(I'm not making fun, I think it's cute)
Mad Poster
#42 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 3:39 AM
Yay! It works great. I put the black stripe on Duke's shirt. (It's a bit over-saturated at the moment, but it's an okay first try.)

Test Subject
#43 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 4:41 AM
I've never made anything for the sims before either, it took me just one night to make this recolor, these tools are freaking amazing and very easy to use, took all of five minutes to read the well detailed tutorial and understand what i needed to do having no experience with previous modding =]

Mad Poster
#44 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 4:02 PM
There! I fixed the shirt to where the black edge matches the black cargo pants.

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#45 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 10:19 PM
I just created my first custom content for TS4.
Screenshots

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#46 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 10:35 PM
My first EVER article of clothing for a Sims game:

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#47 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 7:50 PM
Love this tool!

I've created two recolors (hair and eyeglasses):

Working on some shirts next. It's pretty simple and easy to use, once you get the instructions down.

I tried to do a custom tattoo, but the DDS file doesn't export in a way that I can use it. Maybe later.
Forum Resident
#48 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nandonalt
It worked!

Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
My first EVER article of clothing for a Sims game:

You two! Where can I download?

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#49 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 8:29 PM
I've been working on hair recolors, but I'm not totally happy with them. Its kind of a pain not being able to preview before getting them into the game. One example is under the spoiler.

Instructor
Original Poster
#50 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 7:43 AM
Default Color Magic 0.2.1 (in testing) now available
For those of you who have the TS4 CAS Demo and would like to experiment with doing recolors, there is a new version of my Color Magic program available.

Using Color Magic and S4PE (from Simlogical) you can create either default replacement or new recolors of clothing, makeup, tattoos, etc. (not all tested).

This version adds the ability to make multiple recolors without having to re-run Color Magic over and over and also adds a Category Flags editor so you can set outfit types, color filters, etc. on the new items.

The download is available at Sims 4 Stuff N Things

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Page 2 of 4