Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JY_N
I have encountered the same problem. A red box saying "System Error" pops up every time I try to move a custom house into an empty/occupied lot. It just doesn't work.

i am having the same problem as you do . i downloaded lots/houses placed the bpi files etc. then when i'm bout to replace the previously landgraab lot (Bulldozed) . nothing happens it just sends me in the lot and build mode, tried it again by moving the langraab to diff. location now i didn't bulldoze the lot/house and again it does not change

Please help me/us

i have origin and the sims 4 offline (Both are offline)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 10:45 PM
Default Please Help: Downloaded Sims 4 Lot Not Showing Up In Gallery, Even After I Added It To Tray Folder
Hello,

Can someone please help me out. This is my 2nd day and I have no idea what else to do.

I have downloaded Lots from SimsResource and placed them in the correct Tray folder.
(Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Tray)
However, no lots are showing up in my Gallery. Even after I have restarted the game and restarted my computer.
I even did as instructed, unzip file and place in Tray Folder.
The lot I am trying to install is called Refresdy Residence on SimsResource. (here is the link: http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...nce/id/1271844/)

I have downloaded other custom clothes, hair, shoes, etc. and they all seem to work fine and show up in my gallery.
(placed in: Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods)

I am Sims 4 on my Surface Pro 3.

I hope this helps, please if someone can help me out.
Test Subject
#28 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 11:50 PM
When placing a lot to the map and it is facing the opposite side, bulldoze the lot. Only the post box is left standing, move the post box to the opposite end and then download the lot again. The lot should face the right way.
Test Subject
#29 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 8:13 PM
...... it aint working
Everytime I try to place a lot down (it is indeed in my gallery) it end up saying red coloured error. I checked if the plot was the correct size to fit into the area and it was ! Please help me solve this issue
Test Subject
#30 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 9:05 PM
Please help I am having the same issue as Pandypoop........
Test Subject
#31 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 5:01 PM
same error red box saying system error please help
Test Subject
#32 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 11:26 PM
I'm getting the system error when placing a lot too. I'd love to hear if anyone has found how to work around this.
Test Subject
#33 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 3:18 PM
Hi, I'm getting the same problem too. I followed every step correctly about placing downloaded sims and lots into the tray folder but nothing appeared in my gallery nor the cas but my mods appeared. Worse is when I download it from the gallery itself and try placing it into an empty space, it says system error and nothing appears except for an empty space. Please help!
Test Subject
#34 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 12:06 AM
This looks like the appropriate area to post my concern. My mod homes are showing up in my library, and I'm given the option to place it on a lot. After the loading screen is done, I'm taken to the lot, but it is completely empty. Not a single thing! Tried several different homes and all mod lots are not showing, only homes that do show are lots I saved that were pre-built by game. I've been searching for too long now, and have only found one person mentioning the same problem. One person suggested clearing cache in documents folder, which I did, and it did not work. Something definitely worth mentioning is that I don't believe I've applied the patch yet? I've searched through known problems before and after patch; this problem wasn't listed Any help would be greatly appreciated
Test Subject
#35 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jai3008
Hello,

Can someone please help me out. This is my 2nd day and I have no idea what else to do.

I have downloaded Lots from SimsResource and placed them in the correct Tray folder.
(Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Tray)
However, no lots are showing up in my Gallery. Even after I have restarted the game and restarted my computer.
I even did as instructed, unzip file and place in Tray Folder.
The lot I am trying to install is called Refresdy Residence on SimsResource. (here is the link: http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...nce/id/1271844/)

I have downloaded other custom clothes, hair, shoes, etc. and they all seem to work fine and show up in my gallery.
(placed in: Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods)

I am Sims 4 on my Surface Pro 3.

I hope this helps, please if someone can help me out.

You are trying to put a Sims 3 lot into the Sims 4 game...

I am having the exact same problem, except the lot I downloaded is for Sims 4.
Test Subject
#36 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 2:51 PM Last edited by clevercatchphrase : 30th Jan 2015 at 3:18 PM.
Surprised there is no answer for the system error MANY of us are experiencing.

Edit: This may not please this site, but I deleted all the lots I downloaded from here, and started to download lots from thesimsresource. So far two have worked, but should mention neither had cc or pools. About to test custom content and lots with pools. Will update.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 4:17 PM
I downloaded my first lot from MTS2; this one: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=546650
I unzipped it to my desktop and then took all the files and placed them directly into the tray folder. They are all showing up, but for whatever reason, it's not showing up in my library. I restarted my game and it still is not showing up. I've had zero trouble downloading and placing lots from the gallery, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with lots from other sites, such as this site or TSR (if I ever get around to DLing from them).
Test Subject
#38 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 9:48 PM
PLEASE need help this is frustrating me to no end! I've downloaded this home: http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...hed/id/1282709/ I have followed all steps exactly download, placed files in Documents/EA/TS4/Tray yet no matter what options I select in the gallery the house just is not there...CC issue or what?
Test Subject
#39 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 10:48 PM
I don't know if this will be helpful, but I thought my stuff wasn't showing up, and then I realized that "My Library" wasn't displaying custom content.

In "My Library" on the left-hand bar click "Advanced" and then click "Include Custom Content"

I don't know why, but this is off by default and goes back to being off whenever I close the gallery. I have to re-select "Include Custom Content" every time I open the gallery, which is no end of annoying.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#40 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 11:22 PM
Yes, I discovered that too, but by trial and error!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Test Subject
#41 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 4:50 AM Last edited by maiarose : 5th Feb 2015 at 6:06 AM.
Thank You the.sleeper and KarenLorraine, unfortunately I have tried making sure both tabs were clicked, show unknown content and include custom content and it still does not show. I will keep toying with options, worst case it just doesn't work and I will have to live without.I tried removing all files from the tray folder into a temp folder and left just the files for the house I tried to download and still no luck. So I edit this one more time with this update: My problems I've discovered are with the that house/creator's uploads, I tried another home from the same site but a different creator and have no problems viewing the home in my gallery/library. Thank you again the.sleeper and KarenLorraine
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by the.sleeper
I don't know if this will be helpful, but I thought my stuff wasn't showing up, and then I realized that "My Library" wasn't displaying custom content.

In "My Library" on the left-hand bar click "Advanced" and then click "Include Custom Content"

I don't know why, but this is off by default and goes back to being off whenever I close the gallery. I have to re-select "Include Custom Content" every time I open the gallery, which is no end of annoying.

Wow! Yes! You are right! That was it! So, houses with custom content....where is the custom contet stored in our folders if we don't download it manually? Or, is the house put in without the custom content unless we go download the content manually? I know this must seem like an incredibly stupid question, but I currently do not have custom content other than a few game mods which I have stuck in my Mods folder.
Test Subject
#43 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 5:47 PM
I downloaded a house, but can't find it! Im not able to play online, so i cant look in my library. Is there another way??
Test Subject
#44 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 2:57 AM
How do I remove downloaded lots from tumblr? Because I extracted the files into my tray folder, my Sims 4 game won't load up D: Someone help me please.
Test Subject
#45 Old 10th May 2015 at 5:08 AM
can please someone help?
same problems here
downloaded Lots and can't find it in the library

installed in tray buy not showing up on the game
Test Subject
#46 Old 13th May 2015 at 4:47 PM
how long is it supposed to take for it to be placed? after i click the check mark to place it i wait for more than half an hour and nothing seems to happen.
Test Subject
#47 Old 17th May 2015 at 6:19 PM
i can place anything it says System Error always is there any way to fix it?
Test Subject
#48 Old 22nd May 2015 at 7:23 AM
not related problem. i downloaded a couple of cc and tray files in the game, and when i open the game it shows up in the start but when i look for it in my gallery or in cas i dont see them. can someone answer? im new at this game,
Test Subject
#49 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 2:43 PM
When I place houses in Tray folder it doesn't work. I don't see them in gallery. I tried a lot of different houses. I checked and I definitely do everything right so what's the problem
Test Subject
#50 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 3:45 AM
why does mine said system error when i place a lot?
plsss..... help.
i reinstalled my sims 4 but still the same
Page 2 of 3