Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 6:49 PM
I started the challenge today and about to make a insta account for it 😄
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 7:30 PM Last edited by ArrowLeaf : 28th Feb 2017 at 8:17 PM.
So, I also came up with a DitFT adaptation for the sims 4. It's similar and different from this, so I figured I'd post my version on this thread instead of making a new thread (don't want to step on any toes ^_^)

Rules:

Have Fun
No cheats
Life-span set to normal
Third party content is allowed
Choose the heir by any means you want
The next generation starts when the heir you choose hits YA (even if the previous generation has not achieved their goals!)

One point for each generation reached
One point for every objective completed
Two points for every optional objective complete
One half point for changing house to fit the style of each gen
Lose two points for every main goal you do not meet (for people who don’t want to insta-fail the legacy)

Generation One – The Farmer

"I always wanted to be a farmer. There is a tradition of that in my family. "

Your family was always into the farming deal. They spent their days working hard and asked their children to do the same. When you turned 18, your parents surprised you with your own plot of land to continue on tradition. Having always been one to want to impress the folks, you began creating your own garden; you'd rather dedicate your life to that than a dreadful 9 to 5 suit and tie anyway.

Objectives of generation one:

- Grow a garden with every type of plant from the store in it
- Get married, but no woohoo before marriage
- Have a boy and a girl. Keep trying til you do!
- Master Garden Skill
- Collect all gems
- Have and complete one of the nature aspirations
- No gardeners!

Optional objectives:

- Obtain and plant every type of plant
- Catch every type of fish
- Marry a gal/guy with "Loves Outdoors"
- Master Fisherman Skill

Generation Two – The Savvy City Slicker

"I was expected to be a farmer like my father and siblings. I broke tradition. It was great."

Life with your hands in the dirt wasn't the life for you. You always craved to spend your time in the city and always loved when in the inner-city limits. You crave for more important things then seeing seeds sprout into plants or the days your father spent fishing, as they didn't interest you as much as your siblings. You decide not to follow the road of a farmer, but turn to the city life instead.

Generation Two Objectives:

- Get to level 10 on the Business Career
- Move out of your parents home and live on your own until one of your parents die – then move back in to take care of the surviving parent.
- Get to level 10 in Charisma skill
- Get married.
- Have at least one kid.
- Have and complete a Fortune Aspiration

Optional Objectives:

-Become enemies with your father and mother (why can't you be like your brother or/and sister?) before entering your career.
-Make over 50,000 in family funds.

City Life Expansion Optional path:

- Move to San Myshuno on your own and live in an apartment that needs TLC until you save enough for a nicer place (20,000 household funds) – move back into your old home when one of your parents die in order to take care of the survivor.
- Do not take your family's money with you when you move out – your parents do not support your decisions and will not help you with anything.
- You love the city – attend every festival that you can (exceptions for if you are at work or on a date/attending a wedding, ect)
- Get to level 10 on the Business Career OR political career.
- Get to level 10 in Charisma skill
- Get married.
- Have at least one kid.
- Have and complete a Fortune Aspiration OR City Native Aspiration

Generation 3 – The Wild Child

“My parents were always working, I was left alone. I learned how to live, how to survive, on my own."

Your parents have always seemed to spend more time in the office than home. So you decided to go to different places and see the world outside your own town. Better than remaining at home, that was for sure.

Generation Three Objectives:

- Join Mixologist Branch of the Culinary Career.
- Have the noncommittal trait
- Kiss 6 sims
- Be boyfriend/girlfriend to 2 sims then break their hearts (you can be married to one and be dating the other).
- Get married and have kid(s)
- Kill/divorce spouse, then repeat above step (as many times as you'd like but at least once)
- Throw a party (any type) at least once a week
- Host a gold rated house party
- Have the serial romantic aspiration and complete it

Optional:

- Go on at least 10 dates
- Get a gold rating on at least one date.
- Complete any break-up/divorce whims your sim has

Get Together Expansion Optional Path:

In addition to the objectives above also...
- Have the DJ skill maxed out
- DJ at a nightclub once a week
- Max out the dance skill and win 3 dance battles
- Accept any invitations to a nightclub or party unless it conflicts with something else (work, social events, ect)

Generation Four – The Artist

“The more I find, the more I type, and the more I learn of my parent's lives."

Your parents have led an interesting and dark life. With rich and vivid stories that were always told to you, both to entertain and warn, a creative spark was ignited in you. They filled you with the need to write and paint the images they spoke about.

Objectives:

-Marry, woohoo, have kid(s)
-Have a creative aspiration
-Master Writing skill
-Write at least 10 books
- Join Writer Career, Author Branch
AND/OR
-Master Painting skill
-Paint at least 5 Masterpieces
- Join Artist career (either branch)

Optional:

-Be best friends with parents (parent)
-Get 10,000 in royalties
And/Or
-Sell 10,000 in paintings

Generation Five

"Though it might not be quite from my parents, I learned to play the guitar, and sing simple songs."

It must be that creative gene, because you were born with a guitar in your hand. You've played it ever since you were able to pick it up, not caring if you didn't strum correctly or even well. But that you knew would get better in time. As it always does.

Objectives:

-Master Guitar skill.
-Get to the top of the Entertainer Career; Musician Branch.
-Have at least three kids
-Get married to someone with music lover or creative trait
-Learn all songs

Optional:

-Play for tips at all community lots
-Have an affair (can be with a groupie, a maid, ect.)
-Have/ Get a tattoo

Generation Six

"I always dreamed of staying home, watching the kids."

You've always wanted one of your own. So when you grew old enough you were overjoyed with knowing that you could have children one day. You'd play with your barbies, G.I. Joe, and doll house waiting for the one day to have your own babies.

Objectives:

- Try for twins until you win!
- Read a story to children at least once a week
- Attend at least two children’s weddings (you may switch household in order to achieve this)
- Complete a family aspiration and the soulmate aspiration
- The heir must be a stay at home parent
- No maids this generation
- No divorcing
- All children must have A’s (teens as well) before aging up

Optional:

-Have at least five kids of your own
-Help kids with homework every night
- Adopt at least one boy/girl (one being a child)
- Have every child complete a child aspiration before becoming an adult

Generation Seven

"There is always a bad apple in the bunch."

There was something about you. You were different than the others. Could it have been you were smothered in too much love from your parents or you were just born that way. Either way, things are going to change around here. For an evil better...

Objectives:

-Join Criminal Career (either branch)
- Have one of the Deviance Aspirations
-Reach level 10 in criminal career
-Master Athletic skill
-Master Logic skill
-Marry
-Have one child (you want the perfect evil child)
-Befriend child

Optional:

-Pull pranks on family and neighbors

Generation Eight

"I won't end up like you! I won't! I won't."

You were their perfect child. And you disliked it, even more so when you realized that your parents were criminals.

Objectives:

- Join and reach level 10 of Writer (Journalist side) career
- Reach max Charisma
- Commit one ‘crime’ or prank
- Donate to charity every Saturday.
- Get married as adult
- Have three babies.

Optional:

- Get into fight with parent(s).

Generation Nine

" 'Real' friends? They are my real friends."

Your parents were often busy with their own lives, chasing down some invisible evil. You took solace in the digital realm, finding comfort and support through forums, video games and social media sites.

Objectives:

- Once you meet a sim you may only socialize with them through the computer (the exception is other sims in your household) until you become friends with them. Once friends, you may travel with and invite over that/those specific sims.
- Join the Tech Guru career (either branch).
- Complete the computer whizz aspiration
- Max out programming and video gaming skill
- Have at least two children

Optional:
- Win 3 professional gaming tournaments
- Earn 10,000 via live streams/social media sites/designing your own apps
- Start your own social media site; have over 100 follows

Generation Ten

"Playing cops and robbers as a kid, I always wanted to kick bad-guy butt."

You always wanted to take out the bad in this world. And no matter what you'd try your hardest to prevail over the evil in your town. That was your motto anyway and thus is why you trained yourself so as to be great at what you do. You got married early and had kids shortly after that so when you became an adult you were already settled down.

Objectives:

- Join Secret Agent career, Diamond Agent route.
- Max Logic skill
- Max Athletic skill
-Have a kid or two while a young adult
-Marry someone when young adult
- Donate to charity once a week.

Optional:

-Have a best friend
-Have at least two friends

Generation Eleven

"Helping people out was something I was raised on. Sometimes, a laugh was all I could give them, and it was always more than enough.”

Your dad taught you that people were always to be helped out. You'd help the old lady across the street, be the shoulder your friend cried on, give money to the homeless. But you wanted to do more. You'd make this world better, one laugh at a time.

Objectives:

-Join the Entertainer Career, Comedian Branch
-Max Comedic Skill
-Be friends with siblings and parents
- Complete the Joke Star aspiration
- Tell at least one joke per day to another sim

Optional:

-Write ten comedy routines
- Max Mischief skill

Generation Twelve

"I don’t know why but I’ve always been fascinated with science, the Earth and space. The unknown is enthralling."

Despite the fact that your family has never placed any importance on science or education, you always found yourself gazing up at the night sky. The mysteries the stars held propelled you into your studies and eventually into your career.

Objectives:

- Join Astronaut career (any branch)
- Max Logic Skill
- Max Handiness Skill
- Reach level 10 of astronaut career
- Have kids (as many as you’d like)
- Have a small garden
- Complete the nerd brain aspiration.

Optional:

- Get married
- Get rocket science to level 10
- Grow the UFO plant

Generation Thirteen

"Food, food, food, I always liked making food. I blame my parents. They had a garden."

It was from your father and mother that you found your way into the kitchen. You've always like to cook since you were able to touch the stove. Fancy dishes would be your specialty. It was just something that always kept you going.

Objectives:

Join Culinary career career, Chef branch
Reach level ten in the Chef branch
Max cooking skill
Max Gardening Skill
Complete master chef aspiration

Optional:

- Cook all meals for family

Generation Fourteen

“Laziness, I wouldn‘t call it that. I‘d call it heavily thinking about tomorrow.”

You never felt like doing a lot of work. Not even for a moment did it appeal to you to play ball or go around playing tag with the other children. It wasn’t anything that interested you. In fact you’d rather spend the day watching TV, reading books, or looking for rare fossils. Besides it wasn't like your parents yelled at you or anything.

Objectives:

-Marry and woohoo a sim of your choice
-Have only two kids
-Do not get a job (spouse can but the ‘heir’ cannot)
-Do not help kids with homework or read them books
-Read 15 books
-Collect all gems
-Collect all frogs
-Collect all collectables

Optional:

-Don’t change dirty diapers.
-No skill that lowers fun is to be learned
-Flirt with 3 sims in town
-No dish cleaning

Generation Fifteen

“Motivation is key to success.”

Your mother/father’s laziness disgusted you growing up. You never understood why they didn’t take care of themselves; why they never achieved anything of importance. You promised yourself you would never be like them, tossing yourself into sports from a young age.

Objectives:

-Adopt one child sim
-Have at least one biological child (being married is optional)
-Join athletics career (either branch)
-Max out Athletic skills
- Have and complete the athletic aspiration

Optional:

- Have 20 friends
- Max out a popularity aspiration

Sources (Credit): http://angelofafallen.livejournal.com/818.html#cutid1
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/careers/
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=535355
http://sims3challengesrules.blogspo...new-sims-3.html
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyLestat
Do the generations have to find spouses in the townie pool (with the traits required, such as loves the outdoors) or can you create you spouse and move them into a house for your sim to meet?

Nearly every dude my sim meets is a goofball and I have yet to find anybody with "loves the outdoors." I'm about to make a sim for her to marry who is NOT a goofball. lol No idea if it is allowed, but if I don't then I'm not going to get through the first generation lol.
Test Subject
#29 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by divia
Nearly every dude my sim meets is a goofball and I have yet to find anybody with "loves the outdoors." I'm about to make a sim for her to marry who is NOT a goofball. lol No idea if it is allowed, but if I don't then I'm not going to get through the first generation lol.

Yeah, I ended up doing the same thing. I couldn't for the life of me find a male Sim that loved the outdoors, and she was getting ready to age! lol
Test Subject
#30 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 4:09 AM Last edited by AjiDivine : 16th Mar 2015 at 2:49 AM.
Default Update to Legacy blog
I have updated my legacy blog with a new entry. I need to play a little more, because I am still on Gen 1.

https://cottrelllegacy.wordpress.com/

Edit 03/15/2015 - Another update has posted.
Test Subject
#31 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 6:47 AM
Hey, do you have to actually find all of the plants that are from the store?? or can you just buy them from the store? someone help, I'm a bit confused but i really want to start playing this !
Test Subject
#32 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 2:47 AM
Default Finding plants
Quote: Originally posted by olyanaesme
Hey, do you have to actually find all of the plants that are from the store?? or can you just buy them from the store? someone help, I'm a bit confused but i really want to start playing this !

You can only buy certain seeds and the rest have to be found in the 2 towns. There are guides on the internet that can help you find where the various plants are located. I use this Gardening guide and it has been a great help.

Hope this helps!
Test Subject
#33 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 4:49 PM
I just started this and I'm so thrilled to play! I was thinking for the next generation it could be...

" My family was always super spies or ninja detectives, and It never really felt... normal. I just want a simple home with simple jobs with a simple family. is that too much to ask?"
*Has to have a smaller house
*A husband and two kids
*Must have the trait neat
* Breadwinner has to get a business job
*Kids get A's in school

And then after that...

" My family had a small little house, and I was always disgusted by this lifestyle. I want to have a mansion and a wealthy famous family."
*Must have snob trait
*Must have a big mansion
*Must be wearing formal clothes at all times (swimwear is an exception)
*Must marry a fellow snob

Optional Goals:
*Get divorces, He or she never wanted your way
*Have no friends, they all got jealous
Test Subject
#34 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 12:30 AM
Oookay, so another question that I hope you guys can help me out with!
I am working on the 2nd/3rd gen. My 3rd gen child has just now turned into a YA, but her mother hasn't completed her generational goal yet (completing the aspiration). Do I work on both gens at the same time or does the 3rd gen not officially start until the 2nd gen is completed? @_@
Test Subject
#35 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 8:17 PM
Finally had baby boys!! Now I can concentrate on finishing out Gen 1 and get Gen 2 grown up and decided who will be the one to walk away from the family lifestyle.

https://cottrelllegacy.wordpress.com/
Test Subject
#36 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 3:18 PM
I have started the challenge on my YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5i...nel=SaintPlays), maybe you guys can check it out?
Test Subject
#37 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 7:28 PM
Default The Challenge is Great :)
So yesterday I started this challenge, I started out with a female gardener, who built her rustic home from the bottom up. She gardened to her heart's content and tried to find the perfect man for her lifestyle. She met every man in town, and it was to no avail. So I entered into the picture, the perfect man. He is an outside type guy, loves fishing, and to top it off, loves to clean. They made around 38,000. My female completed her aspiration, gave birth to 2 sons, and then died by being eaten alive by the cow plant. *Sigh.* So I couldn't complete the "Have a boy and a girl" Checkmark on the challenge list. I am going to continue on with this challenge with only 2 boys and the father. Hey, it'll still work out! Thanks for the fun!
Test Subject
#38 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 2:28 PM
Playing this in two and three but I have just one problem

It is almost impossible to find Sims who "love the outdoors" maybe drop this to a sub objective or something
Test Subject
#39 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 2:59 AM
how do you get some money on the first genoration?
Test Subject
#40 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 10:49 PM
So I started this challenge, and i'm on my first generation. My sim was female and she had a lot of trouble finding a male sim with the love the outdoors trait. The only one she did find ended up being rather old, and after getting married, he died while my sim was going in labor with their daughter. Right outside the hospital.
Now from reading through I realize that only some generations can divorce and remarry, but since my sim is a widow with only one child and the requirement is one boy one girl, can I remarry? if so what are the limitations to that like does it have to be another "love the outdoors" sim, or do I just go on as a widow with a daughter?
Test Subject
#41 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 3:12 PM
Hey I have a question (hope your still reading replies) but can you have a store or restaurant in generation one since you not meant to not have a job? Is it considered a job?
Test Subject
#42 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 10:52 AM
Sounds like fun lol I completed the first gen challenge completely (i did however use the buydebug cheat for the UFO fruit I didn't have enough money and such) this challenge will be rally fun when i play it in the sims 3 too collecting all the plants through all my expansion packs :3 btw for those with the get together to find some one with a specific trait more easily just start a club with the requirement being sed trait and introduce yourself and see if you can invite the sim to your club ^^ .
Test Subject
#43 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 5:30 PM
can i do teen pregnancy? for 8
Test Subject
#44 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 5:40 PM
can i do teen pregnancy? for 8
Test Subject
#45 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 1:08 PM
this is an amazing challenge idea, I'm still on generation 1 but they,ve just had twins (boy and girl)
Test Subject
#46 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 1:35 PM
cant wait to get to g 2
Test Subject
#47 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 8:18 PM
Hey everyone, I went back and added some optional routes for the expansions for gen 2 and gen 3. I am going to continue doing this for all of them eventually. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
Test Subject
#48 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 4:23 PM
Once I learn how to do all the awesome camera angles I'll be able to post my family that I have so far with this challenge! I'm so excited
Test Subject
#49 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 3:36 AM
I really love this challlenge! i played it a long time ago but lost my save i restarted generation one and my sim was pregnant again after having one girl. i gave birth to triplet girls! just what i needed haha. i know this was posted a long time ago but maybe you could add a generation about being a vet now that pets came out
Test Subject
#50 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 9:31 PM
I think this one is for me, not to hard to understand, but full of fun. Can't wait to get started.
Page 2 of 3