Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

MORE super bland comic eyes (non-default)

by Helianthea Posted 9th Oct 2014 at 3:01 PM - Updated 10th Oct 2014 at 10:15 AM by Helianthea

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 4:47 PM
Love <3 thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 4:54 PM
Wooot ty
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 9:42 PM
I love these eye sets, the range and variation are awesome!

One thing I've noticed though, is that any colour that has been set as "disabled for random" does not seem to inherit properly for me. If I breed two sims who have eyes that are townie disabled, like one of the purples and one of the metallics, the offspring seem to inherit one of the townie enabled eye colours at random. I changed the files myself to enable them all and it does seem to fix this issue, but I figured that I should post it here just in case anyone else is having the same problem and also just to bring it to your attention.

It's not just restricted to your eyes either, I have an alien eye colour that's set as disabled for random and it's not getting passed down either.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 10:55 PM
@spookymuffin thanks for letting me know - and you're absolutely right, just checked ingame and sadly have to confirm this. Total oversight on my part, didn't test whether inheritance worked with disabled for random (I just assumed it would).
Just for clarifications sakes: did you just set them back to "enable for random" or did you find a way to make them inherit while at the same time remaining disabled for random, too?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 11:16 PM
Good to know that it wasn't just something wrong with my game

Quote: Originally posted by Helianthea
Just for clarifications sakes: did you just set them back to "enable for random" or did you find a way to make them inherit while at the same time remaining disabled for random, too?

Ah, sorry if I wasn't clear. I just set them back to "enable for random". It's really unfortunate that keeping unnatural eye colours out of the townie population and proper inheritance are apparently mutually exclusive.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 11:28 PM
Yaaaay more bland eye colors!

Thank you Helianthea!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 10:23 AM
Thank you very much, spookymuffin Really appreciated. Updated the description here & on the fancy eyes accordingly.
Agreed, it's an absolute bummer there seems to be no option that gives us "the best of both worlds".
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 2:20 PM
Ooh, yay! I love, love, LOVE your eye sets, Helianthea!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 8:03 PM
I love these!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 9:38 PM
Thanks much for these! They are great!

I am kind of a noob at this stuff, but I would like to make it so the purples are able to be inherited, I don't mind if townies spawn with them. It is rather easy to do in sims4pe? I haven't used SimsPE much, not at all with Sims 4. I used it a few times with 2 and 3 to do some minor edits on some mods, but I am not sure what to do for the eyes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 10:23 PM
@ABullock it's pretty easy actually Here's a quick walk-through (I'll use the desat-purples as an example):
  • open the package in s4pe. You should have 12 "UNKN" files and 6 "CASP" files showing up. The UNKN ones are not interesting for this, so disregard them
  • The following you'll have to do for each of the 6 CASPs separately: first, select one of them, then hit the "Grid" button on the bottom right of s4pe.
  • A window (data grid) will open up.
  • Look for the entry that says "ParmFlags". It's the 7th entry. The value on the right to it should read "0x28".
  • Change the value to "0x2C". (you can also hit "expand all" then seach for "allow for random" under "ParmFlags" (3rd entry) and change the "false" to "true" by doubleclicking on it, but the former variant takes less time )
  • hit "commit" at the bottom right.
  • Repeat for the other 5 CASP-files, then save your package.
  • Voilà!
If you have any trouble of anything's unclear, just let me know
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 2:13 AM
Thanks very much! I was able to follow your instructions and get them setup. I appreciate everything! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 3:32 PM
I love the eyes you make! They are cartoony but beautiful at the same time! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 5:36 PM
Can't wait to load up my game with all my new, awesome eye colors from you. You've made my day, thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 7:15 PM
I can't believe I've gone so long without all of your eyesets in my game! Thank you SO much for the work you have put into these. You are fantastic!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 1:40 AM
Thank you!
Sockpuppet
THANKS POST
#18 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 1:23 PM
THANKS
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 11:56 AM
I have all of these and learned just enough to enable for random, JUST so I could keep them.
Super Bland.
It's great.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 5:16 AM
Please Someone Update THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 9:22 PM
Not sure if anyone else has made a toddler-compatible set available yet, so I thought I'd share. Joliebean has updated these for toddlers, along with the extra sets. You can find them here. I'm posting this link in the comments for all three of Helanthea's sets, so people can find it easily.