Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#26 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
I'm not a gamer, I'm somewhere between a "casual" and a mother who uses Wii Fit and there's only a few different games I ever play. Skyrim is one, something I've played on and off for a couple years now, from the 360 version to PC with mods and the DLC. I swear I still find new places I had never been to before, this time it was Arcwind Point in The Rift. Figured it would just be a typical nord ruin and it was a basically a massive cemetery nestled in the mountains.

Yeah, there are just so many locations it seems you can never find them all. I've looked around, and the number of locations range from 200ish-300ish. No exact number. I've started a new game several times, and there are still locations that I find in the ones I just started that I didn't find in others.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 3:17 AM
It took me months before I even found entire areas when I first started playing. The South-East area of The Rift (around Stendarr's Beacon), the northern coast of Solitude, the inner forests of Falkreath and the mountains that separate Whiterun and The Pale.

The only other game that comes to mind with such a detailed and fun to explore area is Fallout 3.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Scholar
Original Poster
#28 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 11:13 PM
I never played Fallout 3, so the only game that's similar to Skyrim for me is KoA: Reckoning.

BTW, is Fallout 3 fun?

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"Meh." - me
Scholar
#29 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 5:13 AM
Yeah, I'd say so. It's been a while since I played. The best thing about it was the atmosphere, few games capture the mood like Fallout 3. Nothing like listening to 50's songs as you skip through a crumbling, long abandoned city. Some of the DLCs were pretty good, too. Point Lookout is one of the best overall DLC's of the last generation, I think.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Theorist
#30 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Graveyard Snowflake
BTW, is Fallout 3 fun?

Yes.

Fallout 3 is fun because the world is smaller, better designed, has more action-y and atmospheric places, and gets better with the right mods. Even though it's been criticized for not being an actual Fallout.
Scholar
Original Poster
#31 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 3:04 PM
Thanks, guys. I should probably give Fallout 3 a go. Now where is my Xbox?

"Meh." - me
Scholar
#32 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 11:25 PM
Ah, Skyrim.... I spent hundreds of hours playing it, and I had a buttload of mods. It really is an amazing game, one of the best I dare to say.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 10:30 PM Last edited by Noa_4ever : 30th Nov 2014 at 10:31 PM. Reason: add smiles
Just ordered Skyrim, should get it in the mail this week!

What I plan to do is replay Morrowind (love the game!), finish Oblivion (I never finished the game!), and then start on Skyrim, so it might be a while until I get to it (unless I change my mind and decide to just skip straight to it).

My only thing is time. It will take me a while to get through both Morrowind and Oblivion (you all know why ), and with a limited amount of time to play, I may just eliminate all that and just skip to Skyrim, but right now I plan to start with Morrowind. I'm looking forward to playing Morrowind again!

I remember the Skyrim release date. I went with a really good friend (whom I haven't heard from in years) and he got it at the midnight release. And then he just left me and joined his other friends to play it, despite the fact that I would've been interested in seeing the gameplay . But whatever. Shoot, can't believe it's been so long! Too bad we don't talk anymore.
Scholar
#34 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 4:56 AM
If you liked Morrowind, you might want to keep an eye on Skywind - it's a total conversion of Morrowind to the Skyrim engine and has been featured a few times in gaming news.

http://tesrenewal.com/

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Scholar
Original Poster
#35 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Noa_4ever
Just ordered Skyrim, should get it in the mail this week!

What I plan to do is replay Morrowind (love the game!), finish Oblivion (I never finished the game!), and then start on Skyrim, so it might be a while until I get to it (unless I change my mind and decide to just skip straight to it).

My only thing is time. It will take me a while to get through both Morrowind and Oblivion (you all know why ), and with a limited amount of time to play, I may just eliminate all that and just skip to Skyrim, but right now I plan to start with Morrowind. I'm looking forward to playing Morrowind again!

I remember the Skyrim release date. I went with a really good friend (whom I haven't heard from in years) and he got it at the midnight release. And then he just left me and joined his other friends to play it, despite the fact that I would've been interested in seeing the gameplay . But whatever. Shoot, can't believe it's been so long! Too bad we don't talk anymore.

You will love Skyrim. Best game ever, in my opinion.

"Meh." - me
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 2:57 PM
The vanilla version of skyrim with no mods is ok. I wouldn't rank it as the best for me, but with the mods that are available it is by far the best game once you start modding it. DAO was great as well with the mods that are available for it.
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 3:24 AM
I'm hunting down all the Stones of Barenziah. One of the best mods EVER is the quest marker for this. I hate finding things without a marker. And I'm the same, pretty sure each time I play, I discover cool, new places. Like tonight, I was way North, up around the Dainty Sload, and I found a little island with a skeleton, and a note, and the note was telling his wife he'd stay and wait there for here until her ship arrived. I love the unmarked places on the map. It was adorable.
Scholar
Original Poster
#38 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nymphetamine
I'm hunting down all the Stones of Barenziah. One of the best mods EVER is the quest marker for this. I hate finding things without a marker. And I'm the same, pretty sure each time I play, I discover cool, new places. Like tonight, I was way North, up around the Dainty Sload, and I found a little island with a skeleton, and a note, and the note was telling his wife he'd stay and wait there for here until her ship arrived. I love the unmarked places on the map. It was adorable.

Is it for the Thieve's Guild questline or just for fun? I haven't joined the Thieve's Guild yet - right now I'm adventuring and if I find one I just pick it up. You know, I figured it'd make my life a hell of a lot easier if I got most or all of those stones before I joined.

I also like the unmarked locations. One of my favorites is the hunter's camp in the hot springs. The hunters there are wearing nothing but underwear and relaxing in the springs - they don't hunt (for all I know), but, you know.

"Meh." - me
Field Researcher
#39 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 7:35 PM
I finally got skyrim completely installed and finished downloading all mods from nexusmods I had tracked there and had used in the past, that took me two days, I have 8 pages of tracked mods at nexusmods site, I don't install all my tracked mods they'll, I was going to try to play skyim without mods and cheats, but forgot how awful the games menu was and ended up installing SkyUI and it's dependence Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) and then I proceeded to add A Quality World Map - With Roads and Glowing Ore Veins 300, so screw the moral cheat epidemic crap, I'm installing my favourite player home the levelers tower and armors and clothes too.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 9:29 PM
Usually I like to play games vanilla first, and then add mods. I think I'm just going to skip that step with Oblivion, though, because the times I've tries to play it, I got bored and stopped. I'll probably also put some mods into Skyrim, even though I haven't played it yet, not even looked into it vanilla - seems wrong to skip playing it vanilla, though...

But I can't wait to see what the community has to offer for it!
Scholar
Original Poster
#41 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 3:59 AM
Joined the Companions and am now a werewolf.

On another note, my sister has a friend who plays Skyrim and has done everything that can be done in Skyrim except for the Thieve's Guild because of a bug that prevents her from completing that quest line.

"Meh." - me
Field Researcher
#42 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 9:08 PM
This would of been even funnier if they added one of the warhammer 40k or modern gun mods to the girl that you'll find at nexusmods

The Difference Between Consoles and PC

Scholar
Original Poster
#43 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 11:27 PM
Are we all just going to ignore this arrogant asshole?

"Meh." - me
Scholar
Original Poster
#44 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 1:37 AM
Not very many Skyrim players here....

"Meh." - me
Mad Poster
#45 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
I'm not a gamer, I'm somewhere between a "casual" and a mother who uses Wii Fit and there's only a few different games I ever play. Skyrim is one, something I've played on and off for a couple years now, from the 360 version to PC with mods and the DLC. I swear I still find new places I had never been to before, this time it was Arcwind Point in The Rift. Figured it would just be a typical nord ruin and it was a basically a massive cemetery nestled in the mountains.

I have nearly 4000 hours playing Skyrim and Riften is my favorite city, but I've never come across Arcwind Point. Can you give me an idea where it is? :D
Mad Poster
#46 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 4:32 AM

In my case, I just discovered this thread. TBH, once I started playing Skyrim, I could never get back to the Sims. And the few times I tried, S3 and now S4 are so effed up I couldn't get it to play decently. Now that they have the on-line TES game, I suppose all progress on Skyrim will end.
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 6:43 AM

I swear once I have a laptop again, Snowflake, I'll play with you again. What are you currently up to? Story line? Adventuring? Thuuming chickens across the towns and people drawing swords on you?

She was rouge and red lips, dark hair and soft hips, mischief and laughter - and she wanted you to love her faster.
Scholar
Original Poster
#48 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 9:25 PM Last edited by Graveyard Snowflake : 3rd Feb 2015 at 3:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nymphetamine
I swear once I have a laptop again, Snowflake, I'll play with you again. What are you currently up to? Story line? Adventuring? Thuuming chickens across the towns and people drawing swords on you?

I started a new game, and I did the questline up to the whole Kynesgrove thing, and now I'm just meandering around Skyrim. I do this a lot, actually - I do the main quest for a while, then I wander off the main quest to do a side quest, and then side quests become MORE side quests....

At this rate, I'll end up being the Thane of three holds and building a house in one of them. Anyway! What are the rest of you up to in Skyrim?

"Meh." - me
Scholar
Original Poster
#49 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 11:26 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I saw this on Twitter just now and I had to share it with you guys.
Screenshots

"Meh." - me
Scholar
#50 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
I have nearly 4000 hours playing Skyrim and Riften is my favorite city, but I've never come across Arcwind Point. Can you give me an idea where it is? :D

http://srmap.uesp.net/?centeron=Arcwind+Point

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Arcwind_Point

I figured I'd link it because me trying to explain the pathway to get there would be too confusing and have you end up in Falkreath. I'm terrible at explaining directions and it's been a while since I played. But the entire area is expansive, not just the main valley but there's several pathways that lead to different areas.

Page 2 of 7