Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

One-Tile “Caress” Curtain + Overrides

by plasticbox Posted 26th Feb 2015 at 2:47 AM - Updated 10th Mar 2015 at 3:15 AM by plasticbox

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 3:11 AM
Thank you so much. Sims games always come with less-than adequate curtains in my opinion! CC curtains & drapes are always one of the first things i hunt for
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 3:22 AM
Thank you! I'm so grateful for the texture override especially; try as I might, I cannot get on board with neon orange dinosaur print curtains :wtf:
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 3:29 AM
Looks great :)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 6:28 AM
Thank you, this is one of the most useful curtains and I was so frustrated by the two tile options. I love the colors also.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 6:44 AM
Again.... Thanks for all that you do.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 7:55 AM
very nice!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 9:24 AM
Sorely missing from the game indeed! However, those days are gone now. So yaaaaaay curtain party!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 4:59 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! The curtain and blind choices in The Sims 4 are not the greatest. I'm always on the hunt for new styles and colors.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 10:07 PM
I am not very good with overrides and defaults. Can I use both files, or must I choose one or the other. Have the same problem re the corners files for sidings....Is there a way you can explain in simple terms?, I'm not as sharp as the kids anymore.

Happily Simming, K
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 10:31 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 26th Feb 2015 at 10:57 PM.
An override is a file that replaces the original texture (in this case) of the object. The uploads here are independent from one another -- if you just want the small curtain but with the original Maxis colours, you need the "curtain_caress-one-tile" download; if you only want to change the colours for the Maxis large curtain (but have no interest in a small version), you only need the override. If you download both you will have both .. a new small curtain, and also the different colours.

ETA; I just changed the wording in the upload post since I didn't actually mention the overrides as I've now noticed .. let me know if this is any clearer?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 9:59 PM
These look fantastic until you press play in Live mode. The "blowing in the wind" animation really messes with them making them waft in and out of the wall in places. The curtain rail also "wafts".

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 11:14 PM
"Blowing in the wind" animation? o.O
In my game, curtains aren’t animated. What graphics settings are you using?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Mad Poster
#14 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 12:58 AM
I have my graphics on the mid-to-high range.
Curtains gently sway from side to side as if there is a gentle breeze in the room. This also appears to affect the curtain rail on these curtains though and they clip through themselves at the tieback.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 1:35 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 28th Feb 2015 at 2:22 AM.
Okay, I also checked now -- they do animate for me too! I only never noticed that before (maybe my former computer was too lame? I only changed horses recently)

Clipping or no clipping, this looks really stupid IMO (on the Maxis curtains too but there it is more subtle), because where would the wind come from? I hope I can get rid of this, will update when I figured out how. Thanks for the heads-up! =)

Mad Poster
#16 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 11:03 AM
No problem. Maybe windows in the Sims' world are just very poorly insulated?

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 9:17 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 2nd Mar 2015 at 12:57 PM.
Attached is a version that does not animate (in my game .. I don't see it move however hard I look. What I did was set the AnimSpeed and AnimDir fields in the MODL and MLOD to zero.).

@Menaceman44 , do you want to give this a quick test drive before I update the main post?

Mad Poster
#18 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 12:19 PM
Okay, sure thing. I'll edit this post once I've checked.

ETA: Checked in game now and I can confirm that there is zero animation movement on the curtains or rails with this new version!

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 12:57 PM
Thanks for testing! Updated the main post.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 5:33 AM
Thank you - I was trying to find curtains for a house I was playing a few weeks ago and just gave up. This was something needed badly in my opinion! :)
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 5:42 PM
Default THANK YOU! I haven't had crashes YET, but I know they must be acoming from someth
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
An override is a file that replaces the original texture (in this case) of the object. The uploads here are independent from one another -- if you just want the small curtain but with the original Maxis colours, you need the "curtain_caress-one-tile" download; if you only want to change the colours for the Maxis large curtain (but have no interest in a small version), you only need the override. If you download both you will have both .. a new small curtain, and also the different colours.

ETA; I just changed the wording in the upload post since I didn't actually mention the overrides as I've now noticed .. let me know if this is any clearer?

I haven't had crashes YET, but I know they must be acoming from something that I downloaded two instead of just one. Thanks again, K

Happily Simming, K
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 10:56 AM
Huh? What crashes? Are you sure you are replying to the right thread?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 5:41 PM
They are finally enjoyable! Thank you for the overrides, I've never used the original colours because of their intricacy... I didn't really like them. And smaller is better :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 9:57 PM
Thank you! I have been driving myself crazy over trying to find the right curtains, and these are perfect!