Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 8:43 PM
Default Iceberg - Tiny world
I was checking out the Ice themed world post that mixa97sr has posted in this forum and fell in love with the world she is creating. Then realised that the world will make my laptop cry Uncle. Seriously, my laptop barely runs the EA worlds... What I'm trying to say is, mixa97sr's post inspired me to make a small iceberg world, I just finished my first session on it and I'm proud of it. There are edits to be made.

(Psst, what can you decorate an iceberg with?)

"Fear is only in our minds. But it takes over all the time."
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 10:23 PM
Turns out I wasn't actually finished for the night on this. I've added a bit of blue so the white is as nearly blinding in the afternoon hours. and more sculpting happened.

Scholar
#3 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 2:06 AM
Very nice! It reminds me of a cloud. I think mostly you could decorate with cold weather trees - like firs - and rocks. The free crystals from Lunar Lakes would be nice, if you have them: http://store.thesims3.com/productDe...esLanding_Rocks. Will your world have roads?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 2:47 PM
SimmyRN It's unlikely to have roads, there may be paths put in but this is a really tiny world so there may not be room. However I haven't fiddled with those yet so you never know.

Scholar
#5 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 2:00 AM
I agree, for really small worlds roads take up too much room. Paths are fine. If you have "Into the Future" there are a number of items that might work well like crystal plant spawners, the solar collectors, and the white tanks. If I think of more, I'll add them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 5:17 PM
Default Path + Lots

Building are not permanent as I'm still playing with the building designs for this world, but stilts and coloured metal are the top contenders. I've decided no trees/plants to keep the iceberg/polar feel to it. The tip of the iceberg now sports windmills (that I forgot to take pictures of). The path is a gravel texture (by Martine), I was going to use a wood plank texture but the bends didn't look good, plus gravel is probably what would be used. All residential lots are under 10x10, so the number may lessen in favour of slightly bigger lots.

(Also Jynx's rabbithole rugs are what I'm using and the community lots containing them will probably be shells.)

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 11:32 PM
Default Buildings!
The smallest Police Station Ever. (Windows will be added)

The Grocery Store, Book Store and a Laundromat (Because I didn't know what to do with the extra room)

(What can I put in the Grocery Store? I'm trying to make the world so that the only CC is the rabbithole rugs)

(The bookstore will probably have a counter or chairs added)

(Laundromat will not be changed. Unless I find a rabbithole that would be better suited for the place)

The First house built. $27,000-ish

#8 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 11:48 PM
@xPennyxTallyx it looks great! I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes Lucky you using the rabbithole rugs, I am trying to make a small world and I can't find them anymore, I'm having to use the doors and I don't like them so much.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 12:08 AM
@fairycake89 Rabbit hole rugs I use these guys, you can use them on community lots as well as residential.

#10 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xPennyxTallyx
@fairycake89 Rabbit hole rugs I use these guys, you can use them on community lots as well as residential.

Thanks! I've been looking everywhere for them and they were here on MTS all the time!
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 12:39 AM
I WILL so play this world... The reason I started Ice-themed world is because I wanted to play with a bit unusual climate, out of the box Sims 3 usually is. This will be perfect to statisfy my wishes and to keep me working on my project (sometimes I just get bored and unispirational, but you guys are here :D).

And BTW... I'm male, but It really doesn't matter.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
And BTW... I'm male, but It really doesn't matter.

Whoops.... My default is 'she' when I don't know. Might be because I'm female but still, Sorry.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 12:03 PM Last edited by xPennyxTallyx : 31st Mar 2015 at 4:14 PM.

Sea Level shot^^ Taken before I added the Mausoleum and 2nd house. Blue is the hospital & Science centre, Yellow is the shopping centre, Gray is the police. They are mostly unfurnished because the rabbit hole rugs need a space of 4x3 to work correctly.

A map view I forgot to share in my last slew of images
Mausoleum
Contains only two urns, because it's just a small community. How many dead could they possibly have?

House #2
2bed 1 bath and costs around 33,000-ish

4 more houses to come and 1 more community lot, I'm thinking 2 stories Military/Police. Then editing the Gray building into a school, as there's only 6 houses so a small school would probably be more realistic than a big one. I'll probably have a few weeks testing period before I submit it to MTS to make sure it runs well, if anyone would be interested in helping with that send me a PM.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 6:08 PM

(That Orange building is the school, I forgot to take images of it when I finished building it)

Scholar
#15 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 4:27 AM
Is the grey sidewalk/path invisible in game? If not, you might want to consider that or gravel or something lighter as the dark path is a bit too much contrast to the wide snow - especially with such straight, even edges. I can't imagine that a path in ice would look that way. Good work!
Instructor
#16 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 7:03 AM
I really like those little houses, they work really well
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 2:56 PM Last edited by xPennyxTallyx : 3rd Apr 2015 at 3:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
Is the grey sidewalk/path invisible in game? If not, you might want to consider that or gravel or something lighter as the dark path is a bit too much contrast to the wide snow - especially with such straight, even edges. I can't imagine that a path in ice would look that way. Good work!

I've actually changed the path now, Less visible because Its actually made with the original snow texture and a stony looking one. Is this what you were suggesting?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 5:48 PM
SO I've changed a home lot to another community lot. I thought there should be something her for kids or childish sims.

Instructor
#19 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 6:59 PM
The new color path looks spot on to me
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 7:37 PM
Theese kind of worlds are great for story telling. And work well with traveller mod. If you sim is a scientist he/she can travel there to acquire some special examples for "testing". Include some rear rocks/gems in this world and make a nice tomb, resembling an ice cave.
Also, why don`t you add more islands around it for sims to explore? This project can be big and at the same time - minimalistic and small.
Someone should start making line of themed worlds for travelling sims to explore, not to live, like velley in Himalayans or small American Grand Canyon style desert to dig dinosaur fossils. Or jungle, like in Jumanji. Imagine finding old Aztec tombs! I`m sure theese worlds would work well with some mods and CC.
Scholar
#21 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 12:25 AM
I, too, like the path. Great job!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by exlibrisas
Theese kind of worlds are great for story telling. And work well with traveller mod. If you sim is a scientist he/she can travel there to acquire some special examples for "testing". Include some rear rocks/gems in this world and make a nice tomb, resembling an ice cave.
Also, why don`t you add more islands around it for sims to explore? This project can be big and at the same time - minimalistic and small.
Someone should start making line of themed worlds for travelling sims to explore, not to live, like velley in Himalayans or small American Grand Canyon style desert to dig dinosaur fossils. Or jungle, like in Jumanji. Imagine finding old Aztec tombs! I`m sure theese worlds would work well with some mods and CC.

Its a fantastic idea, but I have no interest in a project so large. I'd also like to point out that this is on a tiny map, and is actually as big as it can get so no little islands to explore.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 10th May 2015 at 7:55 PM
Okay, so I did procrastinate from this for a week or so, then my laptop needed resetting and now CAW is arguing with me.... I'll probably never procastinate again. (That's probably the biggest lie I've ever told)

Anyway, these are two of the smallest houses -also starters- here, and the park's had a bit of a make over. None of which are complete but CAW is complaining about having to work. The Blue house as you can see is TINY, It was build on a 6x7 lot. I'm thinking these would be student housing of a kind.

Also I've forgotten my password for Photobucket, so photos are attached below. I'm off to battle the password recovery system photobucket has as soon as this is posted.

Please leave me any comments/critique.
Screenshots

Instructor
#24 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:57 AM
I think the kids playhouse should be indoors. It'd be soooooo cold for children to play almost out in the snow! Geez!
I actually like the playhouse idea, just adding windows and make it wall-warped will be better.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th May 2015 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsMatthew
I think the kids playhouse should be indoors. It'd be soooooo cold for children to play almost out in the snow! Geez!
I actually like the playhouse idea, just adding windows and make it wall-warped will be better.

Good idea. I don't know why I didn't think of that...

Page 1 of 2