Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 4:47 PM Last edited by GreenPhoenix : 12th Jul 2017 at 10:09 PM.
Default Mandora - BETA 1.0 for download
Hi

I've been working on this world for quite some time now. I'd like to upload it here if it gets accepted, so i would be really happy to get some feedback.

Mapsize: 1536x1536
Lots total: 93
Lots residential: 58
Lots community: 26
Harbours: 7
Diving Lots: 2

EPs: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
SPs: Outdor Living Stuff, Town Life Stuff

I intend to use the Color-Ramps and ini-files from Isla Paradiso. (But i may change my mind later...)
Sculpting and Painting is mainly done. Decoration isn't finished yet.
There will be no CC and in this world. This also applies to all lots.

Overview:

Some random pics of the Island, including Rabbitholes i want to use:

I know that you shouldn't use more than 8 textures per chunk. And place trees on the same layer, because of grouping.
Is there a limit on how many lots you should place in one chunk?

Something that kinda bugs me.
I get a black triangle on top of the yellow rhododendron, when viewing it from far away. Both in CAW and Ingame. I've seen this before Ingame on another tree, i belive it was in Appaloosa Plains.
Is that a graphic glitch, or has it something to do with my graphic settings?

Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 7:17 PM
Startet working on some community lots. Here is my process so far.

Cityhall (Rabbithole: Isla Paradiso)

Hospital / Science (Rabbithole: Pets)

Gym

Park
Instructor
#3 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 11:15 AM
I really like it - it looks very polished, to me. The only thing I don't quite get, is the way the road suddenly changes color. I don't know if you can do something to the landscape at the point it changes, to take focus away from it or something... It just seems a bit strange.
Other than that, I love it, I can tell that it appeals to my playstyle - not too big, not too cluttered and not too curvy terrain Looking forward to it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 6:04 PM
Thank you for your feedback

I have 4 different sorts of roads in my world.
1 City
2 Beach
3 Asphalt
4 Dirt

The City road is the only one that connects with all other three. There i agree, i don't really like how the change between the roads look. Placing intersections helps a little bit imho. I think i'm gonna add it where i haven't done it so far.
The road changes where lots end. Plus, the lots in the city are all sourrounded by sidewalks. So, i guess the look there will change when the lots are completly build.
Decoration isn't finished anyway. But i might add some paint there too, when i'm done with building the lots a wanted to have there.

The transition between Asphalt and Dirt i actually like.

I hope it's understandable what i write, i'm not a native speaker.
Instructor
#5 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 7:51 PM
It's perfectly understandable, but then, I'm not a native speaker either

You're right, it'll look different when lots are in place. And it's mostly the one in the third picture I find a bit odd. But hey, let's see how it looks further down the line
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 5:39 PM
So, here are a few pictures

Overview Map Districts

Beach Area
I'd like to have some really coloful houses here. They should match the Isla Paradiso Rabbithole for the Imbiss/Supermarket. I startetd building the exterior for two houses.

City Part 1
I'm a bit lost with lot 14. Originally i planed to build a cafè there. But i decided to combine it with the Nerd-Shop, so it will be more like a Internetcafè.

Any suggestions what i should build on this lot?
Maybe move the lounge from City Part 2 there?
Or get rid of the lot completely?

City Part 2
Made same changes on the transition between the Asphalt und the City road. I've also done some additional painting in that area. So far, i like how it turned out.
I wanted to have normal houses there, but now i think that i will make the residential lots into Late Night Apartments.

If i move the Lounge to City Part 1, i will build a fifth Apartment on this lot instead.

Farming

Industry

Other
#7 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 11:45 PM
This is really nice! I have been playing with CAW myself lately and I have respect for anyone who can build and make a world.
Kudos to you and looking forward to seeing more!
Instructor
#8 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 10:44 AM
It looks like you've put a lot of thought into it

I like it - and I like the brightly colored houses Looking forward to seeing more.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th May 2015 at 2:21 PM
Thanks for the feedback, it's very much appreciated.
I couldn't work on my world for some time, because my hard disk crashed. Took some time to reinstall everything, but luckily i didn't lose anything of my data.

Finally i came up with a name for my island: Mandora
I'm almost done with the lots in the beach area. Because all the houses there are very colorful, i call it the Rainbow Street. Here are some pictures. I can also take some of the interior, if you would like to see that too.

Lots Rainbow Street

Overview Rainbow Street
Instructor
#10 Old 9th May 2015 at 9:26 AM
I like it! I'm very impressed with how you're getting away with using those colours. I would not have dared, but I think it looks great Crazy Parrot, haha
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th May 2015 at 1:14 PM
Thank you
At first i was afraid it could be too much. But i think it works in that area, because of the plants i've put there. They are quite colorful too.

I started building houses for the farming area. Here is the first one:

Frontview:

Backside:
Instructor
#12 Old 20th May 2015 at 10:29 AM
Aww, cute!
Instructor
#13 Old 21st May 2015 at 2:24 AM
Your world looks really great, and the colorful houses are fab. I was drawn to the color of some of the builds and rabbit holes in Isla Paradiso, so you have my attention! Rainbow Street is the perfect name. I'll be following this thread and your progress, this is something I couldn't even begin if I had a lifetime to try.

The only thing that I see that is a bit off (this is my opinion only, and it may have to do with not seeing the whole picture), is I see a clash between City Hall and the School/Stadium rabbit holes. The City Hall is light colored and lovely, the School/Stadium directly behind it is what I would call practical. Does that make sense?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 5:25 PM
Thank you for your replys. I'm sorry i havn't been active for some time. Unfortunatly i tend to loose interest in Sims once in a while, but i'm always finding my way back.

@lindali365
I agree, those two rabbitholes don't seem to match too well. But i hope when i'm finished with all the lots around them, and the deco in that area, it will work out just fine. I can still use a different rabbithole if i can't get it done how i imagine it. Still a lot to do in that part.

For now. i only have the 2nd house of the farming area done. A big house in a 40x40 lot. It has an usable attic and a big basement and is completly furnished besides the basement.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 9:00 PM
I haven't posted here for quite some time. I know I'm terrible with keeping things up to date, I'm very sorry about that.
Nevertheless, I have managed to get the world to a playable state, with most of the lots completed. There are also enough Sims running around to make all the Rabbithole jobs playable. I attached some Screenshots from one of my testplays.

I'm a bit unsure about how to proceed from here.
Should I offer a Betaversion of the complete world here for everyone who is willing to test it?
Or should I try and upload some houses and Sims here first, to see if my work is good enough?

Also, i started a blog for the world a while ago. As of now, there are only descriptions and pictures of the Sims, and from some houeses there. The whole point of creating this world in the first place, was for a story I'm writing. The Blog is in German (and the story will be too), but if you want to have a look anyway: https://mandoraworld.wordpress.com
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 9:31 PM
Great job, congrats! If you still want to offer your world for others to play, it's a good idea to have it tested by other players first.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 4:56 AM
Hi GreenPhoenix
I think you need to both beta test and submit a few lots for unload here. These things can be done at the same time. Here is a link to the Creator Guidelines for Worlds: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...s/Sims_3_Worlds

Advice from the guidelines, under FULL MAP: For first-time creators, we strongly recommend to upload a few lots first before you attempt to create a full map - same goes for sims, if you plan to include sims with your world. Make sure you understand how to create lots that meet our standards BEFORE you try and upload fifty of them at once as part of your world. It may be a good idea to upload some of your world's lots separately first, so you can just link to them rather than having to include all their info with your world.

It looks great and I'm glad you are still working on this.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 3:57 PM Last edited by GreenPhoenix : 11th Jul 2017 at 10:07 PM.
Thank you Vincent T. and attuned

Alright, so i attached the empty Neighborhood file, and a save-file. The save-file includes all currently built lots, and all sims. All sims have been assigned to their careers. So you should be able to get right into playing.
I can upload an empty save-file with only the lots included, if that is necessary.

Looking forward to some feedback

Also, i uploaded one of the houses. Waiting for approval or rejection atm.

NO CC in the world or in the save-file!
See first post for needed Expansionpacks

Ok, this is weird. I uploaded the two files, and they did show up properly. Then i edited the text of my post, and after saving the changes the uploads disappeared. Or so they seem. If i go in edit-mode again, they are still there under Attachments. I waited about 10min before editing.
The attached pictures from my post above (post #15), have vanished too. But i didn't touch that post at all.
Am I the only one for whom it looks that way? Or rather, do you guys see the attachments?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Mandora.rar (33.55 MB, 56 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Mandora BETA 1.0.sims3.rar (23.12 MB, 43 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 10:12 PM
Download links are working now, the bug was repaired.
You will need at least Ambitions and World Adventures for the world to work properly. I used birdges from thoes packs in the world.

Happy simming
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 4:54 AM
Hi GreenPhoenix
I will be happy to take a look at the world for you. If it's not too much trouble, a version of the world with lots but no sims is preferred. I will check back.

New at Simszoo
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 10:58 AM
Hi attuned,

that would be great if cou would take a look. For now I just have a save-file with all lots placed. If you want a world-file with all lots, that might take some time. I haven't done that yet, and I wont have access to a PC for the rest of the week. I'm also unsure how to include diving-lots and houseboads in CAW EIG. Have to look into that first.

Looking forward to what you think of my world, have fun
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Mandora BETA 1.0 no sim.sims3.rar (18.03 MB, 34 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Mandora BETA 1.0 save-file, all lots included but no sims
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 6:26 AM Last edited by attuned : 18th Jul 2017 at 8:06 AM.
GreenPhoenix- I downloaded the save file (w/o sims) but I didn't get a chance to look at it yet. I will get to it asap.

EDIT: I had a look at the world tonight and it looks really good. No problems jumped out at me, so that's good. I will spend some more time testing it.

New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 6:11 AM
Hi GreenPhoenix
I tested your world with a population generated by NRaas debug enabler. It ran very well. I only had one stuck sim, who was from an apartment I think. NPCs and apartments are frequently buggy. I attached a screen. You can see the sim behind the front door, not appearing to be stuck, but stuck nevertheless.

I tested all the community lots and many of the houses. Everything seems to be usable by sims. I haven't checked rabbit holes at work time, or the school at start time. I also didn't test any of the dive lots yet. It is a nice, very playable world. I will take some time for further testing and report back.
Screenshots

New at Simszoo
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 4:34 PM
Hey attuned

I'm really happy to hear that the world seems to work without problems so far. As far as I know, there is nothing I can do about that buggy apartments. Besides getting rid of them, right? But I rather wouldn't do that tbh.

You might have noticed that all of the streetnames are in German. Is it mandatory to change them to English, to get the world accepted here?
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 6:45 AM
Hi GreenPhoenix
Oh don't get rid of the apartments for the sake of some stuck NPCs. They get themselves unstuck and it doesn't create any problems as far as I know.

I think street names in German are fine. Some of the lots have German names and some have English names, and you might want that to be consistent. Lot names in English will appeal to more members at MTS. Again, I'm fairly sure the street names do not matter. I like them in German.

I am going to direct you to a forum here: Create>Creator Forums>Creator Issues. It is on the menu at the top, right below Upload items. This is a place where creators can ask questions of MTS staff, especially the moderation queue moderators. You can ask the questions about German names there. More importantly, you should ask what you need to do to have the world accepted here. Most world creators are already established creators. I know you have one lot accepted for download here at MTS, but you are still pretty new. They might have a minimum of lots and sims from the world that they want to see before granting approval. I think getting sims approved is the hardest category of downloads. The forum can only be viewed by the MTS staff and the OP.

You can mention that currently, I am testing the world. I will try to see if I can get you some more testers. I run a group in the social forums called Mentoring4Builders. We have at least four world builders as mentors. If you would like to join, you are very welcome. You may get some more directed help there. Here is the intro thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=587151

I will update when I have done more testing. It is a fun world!

New at Simszoo
Page 1 of 2