Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Spring Harvest And CookBook (update:13th May)

by icemunmun Posted 12th Apr 2015 at 3:26 PM - Updated 13th May 2015 at 8:57 PM by icemunmun : Updated both files.Included Custom Recipe Books

98 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 54 Feedback Posts, 43 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 4:21 PM Last edited by Sim mania : 16th Apr 2015 at 1:51 AM.
Thank you very much!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 5:37 PM
This looks terrific! How are the ingredients obtained? Can they be made, or are they bought at the grocery store? Also, are the edibles able to be roasted over a fire?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 5:53 PM
Oh my God, you're my HERO! I really wanted some new plants and recipes in my game, whooo! I can't wait to try this :D
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Margaret Pendragon
This looks terrific! How are the ingredients obtained? Can they be made, or are they bought at the grocery store? Also, are the edibles able to be roasted over a fire?

The ingredients can be bought from the grocery store.Mustard,Black Beans,Spring Onion,Asparagus can be planted and harvested,and their seeds can be obtained normally.I have not checked fire roasting..I will get back to you about that.

Thank you Margaret Pendragon , Sim mania and MariTom
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 6:05 PM
Oof. My sims hate you. Okay...no, they hate me. Every time they think they have prepared and/or grown and harvested every food combination possible, a great mod like this comes along and I change everything around on them.

Looking forward to trying this, but quick question. Are all of the new recipes really unlocked at cooking skill Level 0 by default like the screenshot suggests?
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Oof. My sims hate you. Okay...no, they hate me. Every time they think they have prepared and/or grown and harvested every food combination possible, a great mod like this comes along and I change everything around on them.

Looking forward to trying this, but quick question. Are all of the new recipes really unlocked at cooking skill Level 0 by default like the screenshot suggests?

Yes they are unlocked at Level 0.But changing it is just simple XML edits and I can update the mod to make the recipes more difficult if people want it that way .Thank you!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Yes they are unlocked at Level 0.But changing it is just simple XML edits and I can update the mod to make the recipes more difficult if people want it that way .Thank you!

That's what I suspected but was just making sure. No problem at all for me to get into the XML, so it would be up to other players as to whether they would want a more challenging version available.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 6:54 PM
Hi there ! I think this is a great mod, however i do have a question before starting using it. My game is in french so is there a french version. If not can I make a translation and message it to you so you can add it.
Thanks !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 6:59 PM
wow this is awesome!! thank you!
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 7:03 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 12th Apr 2015 at 7:15 PM. Reason: Attached the strings for translators.
Quote: Originally posted by cinthila
Hi there ! I think this is a great mod, however i do have a question before starting using it. My game is in french so is there a french version. If not can I make a translation and message it to you so you can add it.
Thanks !

It would be great if you do the french translation.Thank you so much
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Ingredients strings.rar (718 Bytes, 20 downloads)
Description: For Translators
File Type: rar  Recipes strings.rar (1.1 KB, 19 downloads)
Description: For Translators
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#12 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 7:04 PM
Oh gosh, this is awesome! More recipes! I was disappointed when I had to stop using DV's strawberries because they conflicted with the Bohemian Garden, but this gives me more recipes again! Thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#13 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 7:05 PM
This is great! More recipes and ingredients, yes! Thank you That CCLoader mod is so good for adding more foods to the game
Scholar
#14 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
Oh gosh, this is awesome! More recipes! I was disappointed when I had to stop using DV's strawberries because they conflicted with the Bohemian Garden, but this gives me more recipes again! Thanks!

They can be used together, I use them both. If you're handy with S3pe, you can still use DV's Strawberry mod. Just open the ccmerged.package in S3PE and delete the store strawberry ingredient and plant. DV's strawberry mod will replace them. Or maybe just put DV's mod in the Mods>override folder, see if that will work
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 3:48 AM Last edited by nihonnippon : 13th Apr 2015 at 4:30 AM.
I installed mod and requirement but these new plants and recipes do not show in game. Does it conflict with blackcat food overhaul?

Edit: Nevermind I get it to work. I remove strawberry mod and now it work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 5:44 AM
Thanks great idea, sadly it doesnt work with icarus cooking mods and i cant give those up 8( but great work on adding to the game..
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 10:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmagic69
Thanks great idea, sadly it doesnt work with icarus cooking mods and i cant give those up 8( but great work on adding to the game..

Can you tell me what is the problem when you have both mods in at the same time?I can suggest putting the Icarus Ingredients mod set in the overrides folder.
I have all of Icarus's mods in my game and in fact I started making ingredients so that I could use them with Icarus's ingredient mods in my own game.

Sim mania...Thank you for the Italian translations

Thank you Amber Lokisdotter,desiree101 , nihonnippon
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 1:47 PM
This is awesome but i have a suggestion for you. Can you change the mozarella cheese with the round shape like a ball
Field Researcher
#19 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 6:18 PM
Here's the Dutch translations
Attached files:
File Type: rar  icemunmun_Spring Harvest And CookBook (Dutch Translations).rar (1.7 KB, 13 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 11:19 PM
Wonderful wonderful and fun mod.

Just one problem: balck bean? ;-)

No biggie. I'm off to cause mayhem in the Sim-verse
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 11:32 PM
I have little problem, i get the new ingredients but no the new recipes, any advice? I have downloaded the CCLoader
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 1:21 AM
Muchas gracias por la descarga. Thank you very much.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#23 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 10:46 AM Last edited by icemunmun : 15th Apr 2015 at 9:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sercnnn
This is awesome but i have a suggestion for you. Can you change the mozarella cheese with the round shape like a ball

I am learning how to mesh properly...If i can manage maybe then I will be able to do that .Thanks!

Thank you MariTom...I will add it to my next update.

Quote: Originally posted by Sim_lady_higashi
Wonderful wonderful and fun mod.

Just one problem: balck bean? ;-)

No biggie. I'm off to cause mayhem in the Sim-verse

I know they don't exactly resemble black beans but the mesh I used is somewhat similar .Or do you mean black beans in itself?I have eaten a lot of black beans and they are quite tasty!Thanks a bunch!

Quote: Originally posted by cinthila
I have little problem, i get the new ingredients but no the new recipes, any advice? I have downloaded the CCLoader

You need both the files for the recipes to show up.Do you have them both?

CerezaDeliciosa thank you!

Edit: Margaret Pendragon...I checked.You can roast them on a firepit
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 1:32 PM
Thank you! I love new ingredients and recipes.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#25 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 3:54 PM
thanks you
Page 1 of 4