Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 3:27 PM
Its doesnt work, this is really frustrating ive got like 10 options for 'Have breakfast...' each saying the same thing. And none of them work, my sim just stands by the fridge doing nothing. Ive done everything you said (I think) please someone help!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 21st Aug 2005 at 6:18 PM
colour
Where it says

In the next window click on “Texture Image” & extract all the pics you will re-colour by right clicking on the pic and choosing "export'
For Cereal it is [color=purple]usually[/color] the first and third line, the arrows show them.
"[color=blue]do not change the name when exporting[/color]" that way you can find them easier.

What is color=purple and color=blue and where are they? also can you just open the pics in a program and paste a picture on top of the ones allready there?

My Golden Grahams! GOLDEN GRAHAMS!
#28 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 12:17 PM Last edited by TeddyPink : 25th Aug 2005 at 3:49 PM.
may i know when reversing the 2nd GUID in the 0x00001004
do i do it in the first one with green tick (create new obj instance)

or

2nd one... with red cross (temporary storage)???

Coz I have followed everything but still din work.... :'(

---------*latest update*----------
I tried the first one and it works
juz that the bowl of cereal din appear when the person is pouring... only appear after everything was done....
Test Subject
#29 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 4:29 AM
SimPE crashes every time I try to export the images for recoloring! Please help!
Test Subject
#30 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 8:16 AM
Hello everyone,

I've been trying my hand at this cereal tutorial for the past week with disappointing results. Sadly, each time I come up with the same problem -- the fridge changes colours when I click on it to choose my breakfast cereal and my Sim simply stands at the fridge. The version of SimPE I am using is the current one with the 4.0 version of CEP. I'm wondering if my errors have anything to do with the subtle differences between the old SimPE used in the tutorial and the current version?

For example I noticed that the importing is a bit different(different options are available and I'm not sure which ones to 'tick' on or off) and the appearance of the names are also different.

In the tutorial this line is shown as this:
__foodprepcereal_food

but in the new SimPE the line is shown with a hyphen at the beginning like this:
-foodprepcereal_food

The step where we go to "Text Lists" click on instance 0x00000088 to input the ##0x1C050000! string - well that seems to already be done for us. Another thing is that the “Change in all” and “Enable all Languages” features are not readily available. Does this also affect my cereal recolour not appearing correctly? Ever since reading this tutorial and seeing all of the food meshes/recolours available for download; a yearning desire to create my own food creations to share have stirred within me. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone would lend me a guiding hand.
Part-time Hermit
#31 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 9:27 AM
I'm not sure about the other things you asked, but the last part about enabling languages, that is only for the catalog description text, it doesn't affect the functionality of the object. With newer SimPE, just make sure that the "default lang only" option is selected (if it's already selected, it's not clickable anymore, and if it's clickable, click it once to select). That will make the same description for all language versions of the game.
Test Subject
#32 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 11:57 PM
Thank you for replying IgnorantBliss I really appreciate your help. I'm glad that the enabling languages doesn't affect the object itself. One less worry to think about when I am recolouring the cereal. I'll make sure that the 'default lang only' option is selected and then left alone in my next attempt.

My main confusion lies with both the underscore/hyphen difference(whether or not this actually affects the recolour) and also why the fridge would change colour as if I had gone into "Design Mode" and clicked on another colour to change it when I had only selected for my Sim to go to the fridge and make the breakfast cereal?
Test Subject
#33 Old 27th Apr 2006 at 2:22 PM
Can somebody help me. This is my first clone and I'm not sure what I did wrong. I see correct menu but my new cereal have old (default) texture. I can post file too.
Thanks.
Test Subject
#34 Old 1st May 2006 at 12:42 PM
Here's my file.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  viky-cokolino.rar (117.3 KB, 10 downloads)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 2nd May 2006 at 5:54 PM
You were missing one of the guid's, bhav "0x004"

the box will now show up with the correct texture on it
if you decide to change the cereal texture later remember to click
Tools/object tools/fix integrity so it corrects the icons.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  viky-cokolino Fixed.zip (128.5 KB, 13 downloads)
Test Subject
#36 Old 2nd May 2006 at 5:56 PM
Thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 10th May 2006 at 10:26 PM
Thank you sooooooooooooo much! But one mistake:

Quote:
Now on to "Catalog Description' change the name "Cereal" to "Count"Chocula" no Quotes, or however you want the name to look in the Fridge Options?

The catalog description thing is the name of the object when you pick it up. If you havbe NL of OFB it will show up in your inventory and you will have to make a description, too.

My Policy:
  • Don't post any stuff anywhere but this site.
  • Give me credit.
  • I don't take requests unless they are pets or pets objects/other items.
  • Enjoy!
Test Subject
#38 Old 23rd May 2006 at 5:31 PM Last edited by viky : 23rd May 2006 at 5:33 PM. Reason: added file
I have wrong text in Make... & Make many... but I can't find this string so can somebody tell me where I can this change.

I post file too.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  viky-ljesnjakcokolino.rar (106.3 KB, 11 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 3:40 PM
Is there a tutorial of food mesh?
It's only cereal.
#40 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 5:09 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 19th Aug 2006 at 5:17 PM. Reason: edited to combine posts
Hmmmmmmm good tut i'm going to see if it works now thanks alot for this.

Is their a tut on food meshing like making differnt foods?

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AbstractSIMmer187
Hmmmmmmm good tut i'm going to see if it works now thanks alot for this.

Is their a tut on food meshing like making differnt foods?

AbstractSIMmer, i do not think there is one?
i did have a tut on how to work the animations
but for certain reasons i deleted it.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 5:22 PM
Thanks...great tutorial, but I don't get the reversing guids thing. I see the operands boxes, so do I just reverse those first four numbers? what does that have to do with the unique guids?
#43 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 10:16 PM
i did it 2nd attempt all i did wron gfirst time was get the GUID wrong a bit but i went throught the tut again and got it right even tho im on thte latest on AND im on Glamour Life too so it worked. now my sims can enjoy the chocolateyness of Coco Poo's

Kiz
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 12:20 PM Last edited by fireflies : 3rd Sep 2006 at 12:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by goldeneowyn
Thanks...great tutorial, but I don't get the reversing guids thing. I see the operands boxes, so do I just reverse those first four numbers? what does that have to do with the unique guids?

You have to get a new guid for the Object Data (OBJD) and then Reverse the numbers for the Behaiour Functions (BHAV) in the first four boxes
once you change them (Reverse them) it allows the file to run as it would if it were a maxis creation
Test Subject
#45 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 8:46 PM
does anyone know where to get general food tutorials
Test Subject
#46 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 1:57 AM Last edited by Geographicaltounge : 23rd Sep 2006 at 5:13 AM.
sorry to be bothering you, but your tutorial is great the only problem is the sim just stands in front of the fridge when I tell them to make the cereal. If you could tell me how to fix that would be great! What instance code do I switch? I have the newest version of Sim Pe and some of the stuff was different but the only thing that goes wrong is my sim standing in front of the fridge do nothing. Please help me fix this I would really like to use this in the game.

thanks in advance
Test Subject
#47 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 7:14 PM
Thanks its cool. My sim goes to the fridge then just stops. What do you mean swap instances 67 and 68 ? (or whatever)

ColemanSystems Expansion Package coming soon!
(ETA 14th November 2007)
Test Subject
#48 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 6:18 PM
If your Sim goes up to the fridge and suddenly twitches then stops make sure that your Guids are reversed correctly in the BHAV(behavior functions) boxes.
Test Subject
#49 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 11:55 PM
is that what it is? I'm confident that will work so thank-you very much. I have had that creal in my fridge not working for months now! I'll post again to confirm the working of the advice.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 12:57 AM
I have been trying to make a cake with this tutorial...instead of cereal and everything goes great until its time for the cake to come out of the oven....the sim just leaves the cake to burn I am assuming I need to edit another bhav...but well..im clueless as to which one.

Also just in case a really smart person replies to this lol...i know that in order to change the plate so that it is custom for that food only, i need to assign a guid....but since there are only 2 instances in object data for the cake...Im not sure where to get the guid from or where to assign it to for that matter....any help would be greatly appreciated

If you have an Object request Feel free to send it to me. I may or may not do it however I am more likely to fulfill requests for items matching sets I have already uploaded. I'll respond either way.
Page 2 of 4