Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 11:32 PM
Default Add names to random names generator
So, I wanted to add some names to the random name generator, because I'm sick of seeing a lot of people with the same surname, the same name, etc.
I saw here on mts that there are some mods, but, if I understood well, they can only be used by people which play the game in that language (portuguese, polish, french). I need a mod like that in italian, and I would like to create it myself, can someone please help me?
What do I have to edit?
I tried editing one of those mods by adding names to the italian section, but it didn't work, so I guess there's something more to do...

Also, is it possible to have more than one mod like this working together, or is it an override mod?

Thank you to whom will answer :P
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 12:57 PM
I'm sorry that I can't help, but this is exactly what I was just searching for and I hope someone will answer soon. I have never modded a thing, but I really want to remove so many of EA's default names and create my own selection.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 8:07 AM
It's an override mod, you can't make two work together you must manually join them. I created one myself to join names from many nationalities to end with an European neighbourhood.

To create this mod you must download the following:
velocitygrass' Data File Tool
velocitygrass' Sims4XmlExtractor
S4PE
XML & TDESC files (the link below Update 2015-03-27 for the files of the last patch)

To begin, open Sims4XmlExtractor and in "Combined XML path" choose the .62e94d38 file in the zip you downloaded in the last link. Extract some place and, if you left the default S4PE file naming, look for the file S4_03B33DDF_00000000_784760DD00959DFA inside tun folder.

Copy this file somewhere else and open it with a text editor. Look for your language name and you'll see the lists of female, male and surnames. It should be easy to add new names now.

This file is only for the randomiser in CAS, for Townie names you should now open S4PE. Open ClientDeltaBuild0.package inside \The Sims 4\Data\Client\ folder and search for DATA file with instance 0x7036FF3703847744. Export this file and open it with Data File Tool.

Now begins the boring part, you will have to add the names one by one. I could not find a way to batch add/edit the entries. You need to find your language tree and clone existing entries and then edit them. A faster way is to clone a lot of times and then hit Tab to go to the next entry.

Once done with both files, open S4PE, click to create a new file and drag-n-drop the edited files inside accepting the defaults. Save the file in your Mods folders and you're good to go.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd May 2015 at 8:41 PM
Thank you!!! *___*
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th May 2015 at 12:29 PM
OK so, besides having to figure out a bunch of hard things with this and a LOT of trial and error, I can't do it! Friggin S4PE sucks and "can't find a resource handler" for that entire part where you extract the data file from ClientDeltaBuild0.package

Ugh I don't get it! Why doesn't someone with similar name tastes to mine make one for me! (Or why doesn't it get easier!)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th May 2015 at 9:29 PM
An_dz I succesful managed to create the mod following your steps, and I see the names in CAS when I'm making new sims, but I haven't yet met anyone with a new name or surname. I followed the steps, inserting all the names one by one in the boring part, making a package (the ITUN file, by the way, was not recognized by s4pe, I had to set manually that it was an ITUN.. could this be the problem? The DATA however worked well and was recognized with no problems) and putting it into the mods folder... even in the override folder... but none of the people I met were using a new name! Having more names only in CAS is not very useful
I don't understand, it should work. If I open the package, I can see the new names in the ITUN file and in the DATA file, so they are there, in the right section, and yet it doesn't work >_<

Where did I go wrong? ç___ç
Is it a problem of the game itself, maybe it needs an entire generation to give new names? I tried playing a few days in 2 new different saves, because I was thinking that, aside of the standard townies, those who are generated randomly would have used the new names...

P.s. forgive me if maybe I'm not very clear, english is not my mother-tongue :\
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 16th May 2015 at 11:14 PM
Yes, only newly generated Townies will receive the new names. The ones already in the game will keep their names.

Apparently, the DATA is not being recognised. Make sure these are the TGI values (Type/Group/Instance) in your package:
ITUN 0x03B33DDF-0x00000000-0x784760DD00959DFA
DATA 0x545AC67A-0x006CA304-0x7036FF3703847744
If not, double click the item and change the values.

If they are correct, open your DATA again with Data File Tool and check that your names are under a Struct whose first parameter is language and that its value ends with "A", as that's the code for Italian language.

If it's not just change to A and look for the other that's A and change to what this one was.

If it still does not work, you can send me your file so I can investigate.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th May 2015 at 11:30 PM Last edited by Akuiyumi : 16th May 2015 at 11:48 PM.
I checked and indeed the ITUN file had the wrong instance.
I will see if it is working now, thank you!!

Edit: Now it works!! Thank you so much!!! :lovestruc :lovestruc
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 9:56 PM
I'm pretty new to this, and I know this post is old, but I was trying to find the tun folder in the TDESC files but I can't seem to find it? I searched for the S4_03B33DDF_00000000_784760DD00959DFA file but I got no results. Sorry if this is a stupidquestion!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 8:01 PM
the XML Extractor cannot open .62e94d38 files. Can't even choose.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#11 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dukemon
the XML Extractor cannot open .62e94d38 files. Can't even choose.

See hotfix in the comments of scumbumbo's tool.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#12 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 6:53 PM
This: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=563256

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Forum Resident
#13 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 7:59 PM
http://modthesims.info/download.php...853#post4921853

It was a post from deaderpool with a quickfix workaround for an exception caused by EA holding back an xml for the expansion.
As I understand it, it should work again after dec 8 update theoretically. If I am not mistaken.

ETA: You're speedy plasticbox! =)

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 8:07 PM
Oh ok thanks.
I found it already. I was looking for the Data line in this builddelta-package
What I don't understand now how I add new values into the XML file. this t and /t says 'here is a new value'. What is about this n='language' and the ev tags. Where belongs the new Name Objects?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#15 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 9:03 PM
You should probably read the Maxis specifications (including the tdescs). See the sticky in this forum.

Test Subject
#16 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 6:55 PM
So...I fixed my previous problem, but now I still have troubles. I can't open the clientdeltabuild file, that at my computer , by the way, is named clientDB.package at my computer. I can click on open, than the explorer window disappears and S4PE is still empty. Have I got the wrong file? What do I do?
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LegacySimsAwesome
So...I fixed my previous problem, but now I still have troubles. I can't open the clientdeltabuild file, that at my computer , by the way, is named clientDB.package at my computer. I can click on open, than the explorer window disappears and S4PE is still empty. Have I got the wrong file? What do I do?

That's the wrong file, did you go follow the posts a few posts up that told you where to find the file?

Open ClientDeltaBuild0.package inside \The Sims 4\Data\Client\ folder
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
That's the wrong file, did you go follow the posts a few posts up that told you where to find the file?

Open ClientDeltaBuild0.package inside \The Sims 4\Data\Client\ folder

Found it! Thank you!!!! I was looking in the wrong the sims 4 map...
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#19 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 9:42 AM
Somebody posted a video tutorial about this recently. The link to that is added to the sticky in Tutorials.

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 6:16 PM
I am confused. 0x0000000000000007 is the german language in the DATA file, I edited the XML and the name database but ingame the random name generator doesn't show any name.
Or have I bad luck when I test it? ^^'
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#21 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 9:41 AM
Dukemon, can you attach your package? From your post I can't tell what you mean, but someone might be able to see what's wrong in your package.

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 10:58 PM
It could be that I have bad luck and the names are not show by the game.

http://www.dukevision.de/jdownloads...GermanNames.zip
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#23 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 7:19 PM
According to An_dz (post #7 in this thread) your DATA has the wrong instance:

Quote: Originally posted by An_dz
(..) Make sure these are the TGI values (Type/Group/Instance) in your package:
ITUN 0x03B33DDF-0x00000000-0x784760DD00959DFA
DATA 0x545AC67A-0x006CA304-0x7036FF3703847744
If not, double click the item and change the values.

Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 1:11 PM
Hi! I'm trying to do exactly what An_dz explained and I think I did everything correctly. However, when I try to load a family with the mod installed in my game, the game gets stuck on the loading screen. Did anyone else have this problem as well? If so, do you know how to fix it? Should I use more recent files when making the mod?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#25 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 1:15 PM
ITUN 0x03B33DDF-0x00000000-0x784760DD00959DFA is identical in 1.13 and 1.14 so for that it wouldn't matter which version you copy from. Other than that you need to attach your file for anyone to be able to tell you what's wrong.

Page 1 of 2