Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vase for Garden Flowers

by plasticbox Posted 27th Jul 2015 at 7:06 AM - Updated 21st Dec 2015 at 2:15 AM by plasticbox

82 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 57 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 7:30 AM
OMG, something to do with those garden flowers. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 8:29 AM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 8:32 AM
I was JUST thinking today about how awesome it would be to have a vase to put the flowers in!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 10:07 AM
Another great idea! You are on a roll.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 11:21 AM
What a lovely and thoughtful idea. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 12:37 PM
This is amazing! Thank you so much! I was so sad that we couldn't display those flowers before, so this has made my day. Thank you for sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 2:18 PM Last edited by Franklee300 : 27th Jul 2015 at 2:49 PM.
oh, wow, the stuff you'all think of and then execute. I will definitely download and use this, but am curious, are there any interactions? Can they be viewed? Because if they can be viewed they can be sold and my flower shop would be as happy as I am.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 2:27 PM
OMG OMG THIS IS REALLY CUTE!! THANK YOU!! :lovestruc
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 2:38 PM
Thank you so much! I wanted a place to put those flowers!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 2:45 PM
wonderful! thank you so much, now my sims will actually harvest those flowers
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 2:48 PM
Nice! Fantastic idea. :)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Franklee300
oh, wow, the stuff you'all think of and then execute. I will definitely download and use this, but am curious, are there any interactions? Can they be viewed? Because if they can be viewed they can be sold and my flower shop would be as happy as I am.

No, they cannot be viewed, and viewing has nothing to do with selling. I believe that myth came about because objects with no tuning cannot be sold.

The tuning is object_plant_non_gardening_generic which has the retail component enabled.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#14 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 3:21 PM
THIS! This is something EA should have implimented from the very beginning! Why give us flowers to grow but nothing to do with them afterwards?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 3:38 PM
Pbox, you're the best, all of your creations are the best/exactly what i need.
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#16 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 4:11 PM
Well, if Maxis had any plans to eventually give TS4 the florist workstation of TS2, you beat them to the punch. Go on yer... Now you'll have to pull a snapdragon arrangement out of the hat for an encore.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 5:58 PM
Wow! Read my mind, haha, I was about to try and make something like this, you saved me a lot of headache! Thanks plasticbox!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 6:49 PM
Great idea!! But I cannot get flowers into the vase... Suggestions?? Thanks.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 6:56 PM
Can you post a screenshot of what you are trying to do? I'm guessing there is perhaps something else in the way.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#20 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Can you post a screenshot of what you are trying to do? I'm guessing there is perhaps something else in the way.

I just put flower over the vase... I've tried several times and there was nothing in the way but it wasn't working..
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 7:44 PM
Without a screenshot I can't even guess at what you are doing. Also, can you post your game version?

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 8:01 PM
Would running game version 1.7.65.1020 account for sideways flowers?

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 8:09 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 27th Jul 2015 at 8:20 PM.
Maybe; I can't really check older game versions though. I'm on 1.9.80.

What I can tell is that the model of the chrysanthemum has been updated at *some* point after release (since it's contained in the deltabuild), but I don't think there is a way to tell when that was. (Maxis have also changed some stuff to do with slots in one of the recent patches but that is less likely to be the culprit I guess .. seeing as they do work but are rotated wrong in your game)

Your bluebell also looks smaller to me than in my game .. maybe that is just the perspective on your screenshot though.

Test Subject
#24 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by magglepaggle
Would running game version 1.7.65.1020 account for sideways flowers?

That's exactly what is happening to me too
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 9:04 PM
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH! I have been wanting this FOREVER.
Page 1 of 4