Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

AutoSave for sims4

by sachamagne Posted 20th Aug 2015 at 2:03 AM - Updated 26th Aug 2015 at 3:17 PM by sachamagne : updating languages and adding source files

93 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 56 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 2:48 AM
That's all I wanted.It is all I needed. you is amazing, thank you. :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 3:06 AM
i missed this (& a million other things) from the nraas sims 3 mods so much, so thank you kindly...my only question is do you put both files in the mod folder or leave the zipped 1 in, or some other combination (might wanna include that in your description just so you don't have to waste time reading questions like this lol)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 3:39 AM
It's very useful!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nocturna76
i missed this (& a million other things) from the nraas sims 3 mods so much, so thank you kindly...my only question is do you put both files in the mod folder or leave the zipped 1 in, or some other combination (might wanna include that in your description just so you don't have to waste time reading questions like this lol)

Both files in mod folders.

s.
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 5:31 AM Last edited by Tiger3018 : 20th Aug 2015 at 6:15 AM.
I translated it in zh-cn(01) and zh-tw(02) :lovestruc
And I have some questions:
Deleted:It's OK.No problem.
·"Define how many backup will be kept by the system. "It doesn't work.
·Mod may be failed.
·I can't use the backups in the game.
Thank you again.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  AutoSave_V1_Zh.rar (1.1 KB, 99 downloads)
Deceased
#7 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 5:44 AM
Congratulations on getting this one pulled together so well, it looks very nice and user-friendly!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 5:47 AM
You are my favorite human.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 7:21 AM
Thanks for the translation !
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 7:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Congratulations on getting this one pulled together so well, it looks very nice and user-friendly!

Thanks but tbh i'm learning a lot from your mods!
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 11:21 AM
Hi! Great mod. I was wondering why the rotation was only 2-7, and didn't allow for 10 backups. I prefer doing at least ten (right now I have 15 because I felt like it, but they're done manually). I'd really like to have at least 10. Unless I'm misunderstanding it...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 11:48 AM
If i could give you 500 thanks right now you would have gotten them !
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
Hi! Great mod. I was wondering why the rotation was only 2-7, and didn't allow for 10 backups. I prefer doing at least ten (right now I have 15 because I felt like it, but they're done manually). I'd really like to have at least 10. Unless I'm misunderstanding it...

It defines how many backup will appears on the load game panels. If you set it to 3 for examples and run one backup per hours, only the last 3 hours will be directly available within the game...
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 1:44 PM
Oh okay, that makes more sense. Thanks!
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 6:02 PM
Has anyone found any problems with this? I'm a little skeptical on trying it because it's not the way the game is intended to be saved and I'm not sure if it actually saves everything or if the saves will eventually corrupt. I just want to know if these saves will work exactly the same as normal saving and there won't be any issues :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 7:17 PM
The only issue I have is that it does not show when i click on a PC. Don't know what is conflicting. According to the tool Mod Conflict Detector, it shows as having no conflicts.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jcleaver42
The only issue I have is that it does not show when i click on a PC. Don't know what is conflicting. According to the tool Mod Conflict Detector, it shows as having no conflicts.

hmm, what kind of 'computer' your household is using ? I might have missed one..

You can use those command to access the menu:
smbackup.rotation
smbackup.Periodicity
smbackup.Status
smbackup.ChangeName

using the console too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by danaaa130
You are my favorite human.

Who said i'm human ?
Test Subject
#19 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 12:39 AM
Hi, I'm also not able to use autosave... I also tried to use the smbackup commands in an earlier post, I've tried buying and clicking different computers, I've tried other things to make it show up or to work and I cant figure it out. I'm frazzled, I know its probably something really simple I am missing but ifn you have anything else to check that'd be great.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 2:39 AM
Thanks for this much needed AutoSave !
Test Subject
#21 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sachamagne
hmm, what kind of 'computer' your household is using ? I might have missed one..

You can use those command to access the menu:
smbackup.rotation
smbackup.Periodicity
smbackup.Status
smbackup.ChangeName

using the console too.

Started with the top of the line computer, but get the same with all computers. I'll try the console command. That probably will work; but it would be nice to get to it easily.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 4:51 AM
i will checks the computers IDs
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Crankybut
Hi, I'm also not able to use autosave... I also tried to use the smbackup commands in an earlier post, I've tried buying and clicking different computers, I've tried other things to make it show up or to work and I cant figure it out. I'm frazzled, I know its probably something really simple I am missing but ifn you have anything else to check that'd be great.

Do you have the starting notification appearing at least ? If not, could you check if you got a lasterror file too ?
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 11:58 AM
Okay, so this is weird. I set it up for my legacy, it was working just fine. Then I wanted to do some testing for a mod I'm making, and went in, changed the autosave name to Test, but it still wrote over my legacy saves. Luckily I had done some manual saving so I didn't have to go to far back, but I'm not sure what I did wrong. I tried changing, it, reloading the game, and checked the status and it said it was saving it as Test and had 0/7 slots. But no Test was showing in my saves, maybe I have too many saves? It only saves to save 6 too, so maybe the 15 I already have plus the 6 is too many saves? That could be I guess.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 2:39 PM
I noticed during my testing that too many saves tends to confuse the game. Anyway i will push an update during the weekend displaying a notification when the backup is done.
By curiosity, did you check if you got a Lasterror file ?
Page 1 of 4