Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2015 at 3:56 AM
Default Sims 4 Cultist Challenge
Hello there fellow acolyte! Are you ready to begin a new church?

Hold your Galloping Llamas! Here are a few mods which come recommended for this challenge!

- TheCursedPainting Mod Makes a great sacrificing Tool, and makes a great idol to worship.

- Fullhouse Mod Or anything else that will increase the cap limit of your sims household. Unless you want a cult of eight (Making one of the ways to win this challenge impossible) I would suggest getting this, or something similar to it.

Anymore mods you think would go great with this challenge? Go ahead and post them in the comments!

Now the rules...

1. You can only begin with three Cultists. Anymore you'll have to convert (You can ask a sim to move in with you if you have a high enough relationship, friendly or romantic) ,or procreate.

2. Your cult must be kept a secret from the authorities! Live/make in an abandoned looking lot.
2a. You cannot have a job involving popularity, or involving the authorities. Your best bet is the Criminal career.
2b. You cannot modify the exterior of the lot once you finally begin the challenge. That includes adding new rooms. You can however make basements.

3. The Cult leader must be an adult, and to ensure a proper heir to the Church's throne, a Spouse either Young adult, or Adult. (The spouse must be of the opposite sex, unless you have a mod which allows same sex pregnancy)
3a. Having a pure alien child will not count for a Heir. Having a Sim/Alien Hybrid will count as a Heir.
3b. You cannot begin with a Heir in your household.

4. Every 1 Week, a sim must be ready to be sacrificed. (AKA, locking a sim up with the Cowplant, setting them ablaze in a room filled with furniture, or using TheCursedPainting Mod with 0% Autonomous. ) A sacrifice shall grant your cult $1,000. (via Console)

5. Children May go to School, but cannot socialize with anyone. They're simply there because the authorities demand it.

6. You can only begin with Young adults, Adults, or Elders.

7. The Cult leader must either be strong/self assured/Evil to keep the cult intimidated, or must have a charismatic trait.

8. Remember, your not trying to get promoted at work. Your trying to find new possible acolytes/sacrifices. Don't work too hard now!

9. You cannot just acolyte anyone. You will need a unmarried acolyte to marry another sim to guarantee they'll remain loyal to the cult. Getting sims to join your household in any other way, will either make them Cult Sacrifices, or slaves. (This is why it is recommended you have your third starting acolyte not be an Elder)

10. The Heir cannot be an adopted child! The Heir must be related to the Cult leader in some way!

11. Going bankrupt must require you to sacrifice a cult member to appease the Cult's deity.

Sadly the sims 4 has yet to release any expansions that involve magic/mystical things. Expect more rules to be added in the future as more expansions come out!

Cult ranks

- Cult Leader : The most important role, they run the cult. [Must Begin with] [Cannot die without a heir] [Cannot have a job] [Cannot Sacrifice]

- Cult Spouse :lovestruc : The spouse of the Cult leader, they will ensure there is a heir, and always keeps the Cult leader happy. [Must begin with] [Cannot have a job]

- Cult Member The life and bread of the cult. They are the ones on the front lines, earning money for the cult, gaining new members and sacrifices.

- Cult Heir The Heir of course! Out of all the children you have, the heir must be the one that has traits that'll benefit the cult the most! [Cannot be sacrificed] [Cannot begin with]

- Cult Slave Similar to Cult members, they however, may traverse MAINLY around the cult grounds, to where this limit ends, is up to you. (Hint, Lock doors, hint) Unlock Members however, they cannot leave the Household lot. If they do, they're punishment is them being sacrificed. I suggest having them write stories to earn a quick buck, or separate them into different rooms to err... Procreate with ease. [Cannot have job] [Cannot leave lot] [Cannot begin with]

- Cult sacrifice : Those who are destined to be sacrificed, they must be kept in cells at all times. They're happiness does not matter. They are going to be killed very soon either way. [Cannot woohoo] [Cannot have job] [Cannot leave lot] [Cannot begin with]

Winning Conditions: Choose one

- Grow a cult of twenty members. The cult may expand now unto a new town! (Slaves and sacrifices do not count) [Expansion Ending]

- Sacrifice thirty sims. Giving enough blood so that the Cult's deity may be summoned. The Apocalypse has begun. [/I] [Best Ending]

- Have five generations of Cult leaders. The Previous Cult leaders sacrifice their spirits to plague the minds of the town. The town is completely enslaved, and remains so for many future generations. [/I] (All five generations must die with a heir. Including the last one) [Happy Ending]

- Have $1,000,000 in the Cult's household funds. The cult has enough money to spread the cult across the world of the Sims. [Good Ending]

Losing Conditions: Fail one and you lose

- Have encounters with the authorities more then three times. The Cult is assaulted by the authorities, and is taken down in a last stand gun show down. (Encountering them in job choices will only count if you choose the wrong choice option)

- Having no heir to the Cult when the Cult leader dies. Without a leader, the cult falls apart, and disbands. (If the spouse is pregnant, it doesn't end.)

- Having only the Cult Leader, and the Spouse. The Cult will not be able to grow properly, and it's teachings will die with the Cult Leader and Spouse. (Please know the cult spouse is sacrifice able, and is not required to remain alive.)

- Having Twenty Slaves/Sacrifices at once. The Cult is overthrown with a large breakout of the slaves and Sacrifices. The cult and it's members are either killed, arrested, or disbanded. Along with it's teachings.

- Not paying the bills more then 3 times, or not paying the bills after 2 days. The Cult is bombarded by tax collectors, which soon is replaced with the authorities. The Cult must quickly retreat from the town, and begin anew somewhere else.

- Having Child services take away your heir, or three cult children. The cult is brought under the attention of the authorities for not properly taking care of it's children. The cult must retreat the town and begin anew somewhere else.

- Going Bankrupt without sacrificing a cult member. The Cultists are forced out of there lot by the authorities. Without any money to move, and purchase a new lot, they are destined to fall.

I hope you enjoy this Challenge! If you think something could be added to make it more challenging/better, just leave a comment!

Now release the Llamas!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Nov 2015 at 7:22 PM
Oooohhhh, cults, rituals, sacrifice, possibly even demons! That's right up my alley. I'm all over this challenge.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IAmDeath
Oooohhhh, cults, rituals, sacrifice, possibly even demons! That's right up my alley. I'm all over this challenge.

Thanks! Glad to know you like my challenge so much! I will be editing a few things after I test out the challenge a lot more.
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 11:51 PM
I'm doing it a bit differently than the original rules state. Anyone my sims befriend can join the household as members, but when it's time to sacrifice, every new member (who isn't married to a permanent member) has to give themselves to their "god." If the god decides they are worthy, they'll be rewarded with cash. If not, they die! Only new members who marry into the cult and children born into the cult are immune to standing in front of their god.

#5 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 3:49 PM
This is a terrible challenge in a good way, I love it! I want to try it, but if you are going to edit it, I think I'm going to wait for it first. What a great idea to use the painting mod! I also like IAmDeath's idea that it's up to the god to decide whether a sim is worthy.
Scholar
#6 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 12:02 AM Last edited by IAmDeath : 25th Nov 2015 at 1:02 AM.
Also, adding sims from a one sim household gives you all their money. I consider it a "donation" to the cult. I haven't added entire families yet. I'm struggling to keep my sanity with just five sims.

Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 7:11 PM
It's super! *_*
Field Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 2:10 PM
As a former (and possibly future) challenge writer, it's always awesome to find my kind of challenge written by someone else. I'll probably give it a shot and make a couple changes for my own taste but well done
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 11:00 PM
definitely gonna try this one, it sounds really interesting! :D
Test Subject
#10 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 6:12 PM
I tried doing something like this but i'm gonna go by these rules. for a sacrifice thing. i recommend the book of chaos and torture by the same person who did the cursed painting