Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UFO Investigator Aspiration

by r3m Posted 10th Jan 2016 at 7:11 PM - Updated 3rd Sep 2019 at 3:38 PM by r3m

89 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 7:15 PM
Think this is the first time I've seen an aspiration pop up, usually it's traits, but I could be wrong. Nice little addition to the community given how sparse Maxis has been with aspirations.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 7:26 PM
YEAH -- finally more aspirations.Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 8:40 PM
Wonderful, thank you! This game definitely needs more aspirations and this one seems really fun!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 9:09 PM
thanks
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 9:15 PM
This looks great, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 11:06 PM
Thank you, wow i'm so intrigued how you did this I have . Great job more please.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 12:34 AM
Yes! The creators really need to offer more aspirations!
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#9 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 12:56 AM
This looks fantastic. But I held back from downloading this one because I noticed in the description overview, there is a mention of custom whims. I am using Saptarshi's Alien Disguise Tweaks. That one edits the whims file. So does Shimrod101's Cheap Aspiration Rewards .
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 1:12 AM
Thank you so much, its first time I see a new aspiration. I miss them so much in game. I dont know if you have GT EP, but if you do, could you please take a request about 2 careers that should have been added in this last EP and werent: a DJ Career and a Professional Dancer Career.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaavik
This looks fantastic. But I held back from downloading this one because I noticed in the description overview, there is a mention of custom whims. I am using Saptarshi's Alien Disguise Tweaks. That one edits the whims file. So does Shimrod101's Cheap Aspiration Rewards .

Hey, Chaavik. You can have both mods at the same time. Loading custom whims does not override any of the game resources.

As stated in the spoiler, the only resources that I modified were the alien interactions (erase memory, empathize, etc.) and a few extra additional files (abduction-related loots and a couple of mixology recipes), but those shouldn't conflict with any of the mods you mentioned.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 3:12 AM
It works for me except that I can't contact any aliens with the cellphone...:/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VickytheWolf
It works for me except that I can't contact any aliens with the cellphone...:/

The interaction is only available after completing the aspiration, Vicky. There must also be abductable Sims nearby (teen or older, human, non pregnant, non frozen, awoke, not at work). Are these requirements fulfilled?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 6:37 AM
Amazing , thank you !
Scholar
THANKS POST
#15 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 7:56 AM
Now my self sim can be as UFO obsessed as I am. Thank you. ^________^
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 8:01 AM
*whistles the X-files theme* Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 12:24 PM
Wow, finally new aspirations! And this one seems fun! Thanks
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by r3m
The interaction is only available after completing the aspiration, Vicky. There must also be abductable Sims nearby (teen or older, human, non pregnant, non frozen, awoke, not at work). Are these requirements fulfilled?

Yes that's why I don't understand why it doesn't work x/
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 3:58 PM
Finally new aspiration! That's awesome, really hoping to see more My Mulder sim thanks you, he'll finally be complete!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 4:52 PM
Yes that's why I don't understand why it doesn't work x/

It's working correctly in my game, so let's start ruling out some things:

• Did your Sim receive the Alien Guru trait? Can they use their acquired alien powers normally?
  • Please double check that your script mods are enabled and that the files are installed properly. Both files (the .package and the .ts4script) need to be placed in your Mods folder.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 5:26 PM
Is this compatible with MC Command Center?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emily_HH_19
Is this compatible with MC Command Center?

Yes. IIRC, MC Command Center does not alter any of the game resources, so they're both compatible. I'm using it myself.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 8:37 PM
Thank you so much! We really need more aspirations!
Test Subject
#24 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by r3m
It's working correctly in my game, so let's start ruling out some things:

• Did your Sim receive the Alien Guru trait? Can they use their acquired alien powers normally?
  • Please double check that your script mods are enabled and that the files are installed properly. Both files (the .package and the .ts4script) need to be placed in your Mods folder.

Both are there,I'll delete and download it again just in case
Test Subject
#25 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 12:27 AM
Both are there,I'll delete and download it again just in case

Well then I did it and now it works O-o how strange?But at least it works now,thank you for this mod it's amazing! :D
Page 1 of 4