Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Maylenderton Estate

by CarlDillynson Posted 16th Jan 2016 at 8:57 PM - Updated 25th Jan 2016 at 2:30 AM by CarlDillynson

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 9:20 PM
It's 2016, bro. Not 2015.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 9:43 PM
This is a cute little house......or marvelous palaces.....your choice of description. Anyhow, Thanks! Really, this is cool.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 6:12 AM
Hi, I really like your house, it's very fancy looking. I especially like the entry area, and the top area above the stairs. I just wanted to let you know that some of your pictures are taken from an odd point of view. The ones that have this odd point of view are some of the ones taken in smaller rooms. To take those pictures, you went into camera mode and zoomed out. Doing this can be nice to better show the whole room. I do this too, but it's important to do this sparingly, as the focus becomes extreme, morphing objects. It's great to use it a tiny bit, but it's also important to use your mouse keys to move back, or sometimes to adjust the picture's angle by using shift a or shift d (great in some smaller rooms sometimes, and to reduce negative space (though I didn't see any of that from your screenshots)). Sure then you may not be able to show the whole room, but I think the presentation is more professional, even then. You can also see an example from how I solved this issue in some of the bedroom pictures of my last house. I took the some of the pictures on the bed, looking toward the door, so that the bed is somewhat shown, and the rest of the furniture in the room, showing most or all of the bedroom furniture. Just thought I'd let you know .
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Grijze Pilion
It's 2016, bro. Not 2015.

Whoops.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 11:45 PM
This looks like it could be back in the Gilded age of all the Newport Cottages! Love it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 10:55 PM
this is fantastic for a mansion for my umineko file, so honestly thanks! it's really well planned and gorgeously decorated; great job!!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Feb 2016 at 4:07 PM
You have nice pictures and the lot looks nicely decorated. As simsgal2227 said, the fisheye effect is a little much on some pictures but it's not too bad on most. For future uploads though, please remember that a 600 pixel side is really the smallest size pictures should be (yours now are a little under that but still zoomed in and clear enough that it's okay for this one).

On another note, I especially like the exterior terrain painting for the walkways. It's very well done.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
You have nice pictures and the lot looks nicely decorated. As simsgal2227 said, the fisheye effect is a little much on some pictures but it's not too bad on most. For future uploads though, please remember that a 600 pixel side is really the smallest size pictures should be (yours now are a little under that but still zoomed in and clear enough that it's okay for this one).

On another note, I especially like the exterior terrain painting for the walkways. It's very well done.

Thank you for letting me know. I used a bulk pic-resizer so I wouldn't have to resize each and every single picture, but the downside is it kind of morphed my pictures by making them a little too small. And I hear both of you in regards to picture angling. I will do better next time.

Also, I am glad you like the terrain paint. It took over an hour to get it right, so I am glad someone notices it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 12:02 AM
Judging by the photos, this is a wonderfully crafted house. It's so aesthetically pleasing both inside and out.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 1:03 AM
sweet house
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 4:44 PM
very nice
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 11:45 PM
I don't know if you are familiar, but i am playing "Hyacinth Bucket"( pronounced bouquet). this will be perfect for making the apartment they buy in the country! thanks!