Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dare to be Floor Tiles

by plasticbox Posted 30th Jan 2016 at 12:54 AM - Updated 22nd Feb 2016 at 1:13 PM by plasticbox

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 2:25 AM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! I have been waiting for someone to make exactly this. You rock Plasticbox!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 3:49 AM
Thanks plasticbox!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 4:08 AM
Thanks a bunch....
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 12:05 PM
Thank you very much. You definitely rock... When I did my ''Pixel Perfect'' floor, I thought I couldn't reference the textures from the wall cause these are shrinked on the height and I thought they would not fit for a floor, and here you have donne just that for this floor... oh well, i'll go right away try to figure out how you did this.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 1:06 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 30th Jan 2016 at 1:20 PM.
You just need to edit the UVScale for that, in MATD. Is not always necessary though, it depends on what dimensions the textures have. With this floor IIRC they were scaled 5:1 on the tall wall, so I set the UV Scale to 1 / 0,2. The UVScale defines how many tiles the texture will span (you can edit x and y separately).

(See also this age old thread in Create -- just the first post by julsfels; the rest is about then-buggy MATD wrappers and the S4S folks being unwilling to share but that is not an issue any more (well, the former at least)).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 2:15 PM
Default ThankYou
ALL your work is much appreciated! Thank you.
Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
You just need to edit the UVScale for that, in MATD. Is not always necessary though, it depends on what dimensions the textures have. With this floor IIRC they were scaled 5:1 on the tall wall, so I set the UV Scale to 1 / 0,2. The UVScale defines how many tiles the texture will span (you can edit x and y separately).

(See also this age old thread in Create -- just the first post by julsfels; the rest is about then-buggy MATD wrappers and the S4S folks being unwilling to share but that is not an issue any more (well, the former at least)).

Thank you very much for this information. I haven't tought that even if 1/5 of the tall wall is not a mutiple of 256 pixel then the game will spread the texture to make it fit the sqare tile (hope it makes sense i do not speak english very well).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 7:28 PM
Awesome. Thanks.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 9:34 AM
Thank you so much plasticbox! I have been wanting this for a long while. :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 2:01 AM
Cool! Thank you! :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 4:24 AM
I love these tiles! Super great job.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 3:20 PM
Maxis just doesn't seem to get matching. I am considering your backless shower/tub because their shower tiles don't match ANY wall covering. Thanks again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 31st May 2016 at 9:24 AM
Finally my floor & walls match. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 6:23 PM
thanks - will use these a lot :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 20th May 2017 at 10:30 PM
Gah been needing this since this game was released need more color in my homes!! thank you SO much