Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Tree House (No hacks - No custom content)

by Numenor Posted 17th Apr 2005 at 11:46 AM - Updated 1st Oct 2008 at 8:25 PM by Numenor : UPDATED: Now it's a *real* base-game lot!

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 10:18 PM
i like this, a while back i tried to make one along this idea, but it didn't work right, glad someone figured it out. did you make the hidden stairs, or are they downloadable somewhere.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 10:49 PM
The stealth stairs are a creation of RaphaelNinja (aka SimMasterRaphael on the official TS2 forum).
He published many tutorials about them on his SimPage:
http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/my...?user_id=136631

I've only developed a quicker tecnique to create them, but all the credits go to him
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 9:27 AM
Oh Numenor you are at it again!!! I love your places. It's going right into my game. Thank you again.
Inventor
#5 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 2:35 PM
You know all your houses inspired me to read his tutorials so that now I can do stealth stairs but if you've developed a quicker way I'd love to know how you do it I think once I download this I'll put it in Strangetown and create a hick family to move into it. They'll fit right in there
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 6:06 PM
Amazing! I seem to find an awful lot of truly wonderful files in my download folder have your name attached to them and I can't help wondering if you have a life in the real world Only kidding, I am so jealous of your imagination as well as your skill at realising ideas.

If ignorance is bliss; Why ain't I happy?
Scholar
#7 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 3:48 AM
Clever idea, and ingenious use of hidden stairs, but...

No place in kitchen to hang a smoke detector. Maybe I'll put a wall panel behind the stove. Otherwise, roast sims are not a pretty sight.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 6:36 PM
this is freaking awesome!! downloading now
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mac
Clever idea, and ingenious use of hidden stairs, but...

No place in kitchen to hang a smoke detector. Maybe I'll put a wall panel behind the stove. Otherwise, roast sims are not a pretty sight.

It's the rule of the house: no electronic devices

But if you really want to place the smoke detector, you can hang it (using the "move_objects on" cheat) on the side of the hidden stairs. And remember that the whole house (except the bathroom) is a single room, so you can place the alarm everywhere (e.g. on the external side of the bathroom wall).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 7:41 AM
very good creation u have done very well and i am just asking if u could make the floors bigger so we can fit more stuff on 1 story. but at the the mo it is BRILLL and i have downloaded and installed but i haven't tested it out yet
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 9:10 AM
Unfortunately, every time I modify the package, I have to wait for a new approval by the Admins, so I usually don't edit my lots (unless the users don't point out an issue...).

Why don't you do it by yourself? If you have problems with placing the floor tiles, you can place some columns on the ground, add the tiles and the fence, and then remove the columns.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 27th May 2005 at 6:13 PM
Always love your stuff Numenor. Thanks for this.

This is similiar to what I did with the Old Silo found in Veronaville. I put in old wood flooring on each floor in and outside of the silo one tile wide to allow for a staircase. First floor LR, second bedroom, Kitchen was at the three sided, tin covered outhouse. The wood elf set supplied furniture. Perfect.

I have tried a few time to get thru the admin approval process but I never make it and then I quickly loose interest in posting. Most of my stuff is unoriginal anyway so one one is missing out. Saves space on the server I figure
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 7:31 PM
Default George and family needed
Now George and Ursula have house!
Where can get George, George Jr, Ursula and Ape characters to LIVE in house?

Uh ah ah ah ah "Watch out for that tree!" UHG!
Test Subject
#14 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 1:38 AM
this is prety cool
#15 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 8:33 PM
Nice creation, Numenor! Thanks a lot for making it for all o' us
Field Researcher
#16 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 10:26 AM
Ok I read the instruction from sim master, but pics would be easier, any chance of seeing how you do the stealth stairs? with pics. please.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 12:36 AM
the bathroom nedn't be enclosed, so you coul have done this without walls.sims have an easy way of thinking: no rooms => nowhere to shoo people
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 7:39 PM
I LOVE it!

thanks so much <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
#19 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 11:56 PM
I love the house
Test Subject
#20 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 12:22 AM
This is just too cute!! I am on a mission to get all of Numenor's creations! :-)
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 10:23 PM
This is just the house for my cute outdoor werewolf couple. Great stuff, can't wait to try it out in game.
Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 9:10 PM
good idea.
Test Subject
#23 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 7:27 PM
Cool!! *downloading* i never thought about a house without walls, that's unusual but that's what makes it more interesting, thank you a lot!
Test Subject
#24 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 9:13 PM
This is really cool! I'm going to download it soon. Thanks so much!

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´♥Jennie♥
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 9:58 PM
Thanks for a really clever and unique house

OMG! MF Snakes on a MF Plane!!
August 18th everywhere
Page 1 of 2