Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster Songwriting

by telford Posted 12th Feb 2016 at 2:14 AM - Updated 26th Nov 2017 at 7:17 PM by telford

93 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 54 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 2:43 AM
Oh my god I have avoided all music crap b/c of this issue, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!!! You have totally made my new favorite mod, I am so thrilled about this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 6:09 AM
Thank you, it took 389748347 years to make music before, now I'll be all set!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 6:12 AM
Thank you so much this will help me soo much!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 6:16 AM
I expected this mod since when has appeared sims4
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 12:27 PM
Nice one. This was on my "to do list" since forever. Great stuff.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 1:34 PM
You have made my musician sims' life about a billion times more interesting. Thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 3:51 PM
I would like to use this mod but it breaks the no delay instant upgrade mod so I guess I will have to play musical mods or decide on which one is more useful.

Once the can is open - The worms are free!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 7:06 PM
Thank you - Just what my rockstar sim needs
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 7:20 PM
Thank you, I was just looking for a mod like this yesterday
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 8:24 PM
Oh dear God, thank you so much for this!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ethyrdude
I would like to use this mod but it breaks the no delay instant upgrade mod so I guess I will have to play musical mods or decide on which one is more useful.

I installed the No Delay Between Instant Upgrades (I'm assuming this is the mod you're talking about) and didn't notice any conflict between faster songwriting. What problem did you have?
I did notice that I couldn't queue multiple instant upgrades, but I was able instantly upgrade objects one at a time while writing a song.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 11:07 PM
Thank you so much for this. It's crazy how long it takes to write a song.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 11:36 PM
thank you!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 6:31 AM
The game really needed this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 8:44 AM
Wonderful!! I have been waiting for this mod. Thanks so much.
Smeg Head
#17 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 10:15 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 14th Feb 2016 at 1:58 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ethyrdude

Quote: Originally posted by telford
I installed the No Delay Between Instant Upgrades (I'm assuming this is the mod you're talking about) and didn't notice any conflict between faster songwriting. What problem did you have? I did notice that I couldn't queue multiple instant upgrades, but I was able instantly upgrade objects one at a time while writing a song.

I've not seen any problems with both mods installed. My sims can happily compose much faster music (Brilliant!) and can queue up many Instant Upgrades and complete them all without any issues. The No Delay Instant Upgrade is such a small XML with very specific data, it's hard to imagine it conflicting or influencing the outcome of any other mods - and vice versa. And I regularly check it after patch times to make sure it's in working order. Even so, I'm using both without any probs. Just did a big, fat test of music writing and appliance/plumbing upgrades and all is fine.

Edit: In the name of thoroughness, I just came back to say I'm using the DJ version. I can't see that making any difference though, as I suspect the instrument XMLs were altered first and then the DJ XML altered and tagged on to make the extra DJ version, so logically both versions should be fine as the DJ version and Instant Upgrades are fine and dandy together in my game. But who knows...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 12:29 AM
Thank you for finally letting me have this mod in my life. I had a family that had a writer and a musician and I never did understand why it took the latter nearly 5x as long to write a song that will only profit half as much as a book. -___-
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 4:20 PM
Thanks for this, this is what I needed in my game :D
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 7:06 PM
I don't use the DJ version as I don't have GT yet, and the problem I had was that after installing the faster music writing mod I could no longer do any instant upgrades as it told me I had just performed one. I wasn't writing any music at the time, I had only installed the mod so maybe I need to be writing music in order for the other one to work?

Edit: I checked it with the mod conflict tester and nothing showed up so let me try it again and see what happens.

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 7:17 PM
Musta been aliens because I can instant upgrade to my hearts content now.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 8:49 PM
This is awesome! Are you able to make a mod that allows you to license multiple songs?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MikeJMW55
This is awesome! Are you able to make a mod that allows you to license multiple songs?

That may be outside of my very limited modding ability, I poked around a bit but didn't see any obvious variable to change. But I (or hopefully others that know what they're doing) will probably poke around a bit more now that song writing doesn't take forever.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 6:02 PM
Freaking thank God! I accidentally had my sim create 11 pages of sheet music no knowing I had to go back and click the music to finish a song. I'm about to be so rich once I get all these songs finished faster! ♥
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 9:09 AM
This was really needed, thank you so much!
Page 1 of 4