Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Abbey of Saint Maron

by cutsocks Posted 4th May 2016 at 12:25 AM - Updated 4th May 2016 at 2:32 PM by cutsocks

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
#2 Old 4th May 2016 at 5:45 PM
Absolutely gorgeous! And I love the idea of using it as a university dormitory, although I'd be tempted to stick beds for NPC's in the crypts too...
Your creations always leave men envious of your ingenuity, and this one is a rather divine example. Your landscaping is wonderful too, enclosed flower gardens always get my vote.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2016 at 8:43 PM
Thanks, @Fergus' Mind!

Quote: Originally posted by Fergus' Mind
Your creations always leave *men* envious of your ingenuity, and this one is a rather divine example.

I'm not sure if that is a typo or incredibly clever wordplay, but it made my day. :D
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th May 2016 at 12:05 AM
What a beautiful building! <3
mature minion
retired moderator THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th May 2016 at 10:27 AM
Brilliant work as usual, I especially love the clever use of wallpapers on cfe'd wall to look like interesting masonry. Keep on being excellent :D
Scholar
#6 Old 5th May 2016 at 11:18 AM Last edited by Fergus' Mind : 5th May 2016 at 9:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by cutsocks
Thanks, @Fergus' Mind!

I'm not sure if that is a typo or incredibly clever wordplay, but it made my day. :D

Woops, typo! And that, children, is why you double-check your grammar and spelling before you post. In my defense, my brain has been exerting itself on a dissertation and coursework for uni recently, so the poor thing is a little overstretched at the moment, and your creation was too good to not praise straight away.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th May 2016 at 5:34 PM
Absolutely love this .. the detail is awesome. And perfect timing; I'm currently working on a religious theme. Many many thanks for creating this and sharing
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 6th May 2016 at 5:02 PM
It has so much atmosphere I can almost hear monks chanting. It would be a great place for a tomb, or a ghost or two floating around. Amazing.
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th May 2016 at 6:07 PM
Stunningly beautiful :lovestruc , put on some Enigma and your there
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enigm...ical_project%29

Ps!
Would you consider making a Tutorial for the roof?
Inventor
#10 Old 10th May 2016 at 1:36 PM
This is great. It really stands out as a gorgeous church.

I did notice that you used sofas to simulate pews in the chapel/wedding area. Sims won't sit on those for a wedding. I've tried. They have to be dining chairs.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th May 2016 at 10:09 PM
@echoweaver Thanks! I think I might have known that about weddings and dining chairs, but thank you for reminding me. I will definitely remember it for the future!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 6:55 AM
Again I love your mastery of the roof tools, hehehe!! Also, as pointed above, your use of CFE for the decoration of the ends of the roofs (sorry I don't know what to call those) is amazing!!!
just a girl
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 12:01 PM
Was in love with colors before I even clicked the thumbnail. Gorgeous architecture.
Scholar
#14 Old 12th Apr 2020 at 2:09 PM
Oh my! This is gorgeous! Definitely a favourite. I happen to have a little community of eight nuns and they've been living in some ugly pile of cinder blocks I put together ages ago. I have found a suitable home for them at last! Thanks.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor