Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Glamour Life Bunk Bed

by Michelle Posted 6th May 2016 at 10:41 AM - Updated 29th Aug 2021 at 5:09 AM by Michelle

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 6th May 2016 at 5:54 PM
Wow! it's really great to have some new variety in bunk beds. They've been in demand since TS1, and for some unexplainable reason, EAxis never seemed to get the message and make TS2 bunk beds. TSS would've been the PERFECT SP for it... or even FFS!

I had always hoped that there was some way to use Marvine's ladder animations for bunk bed ladders, but alas... i have NO idea how to even begin to think about making something like that happen.

Thank you, Michelle! Variety is the spice of life, and these look really good!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 7th May 2016 at 8:06 AM
This is a great addition to the game! Thank you for including the Smart Bed info, also!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 9th May 2016 at 1:22 AM
Thanks so much for the creation!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 9th May 2016 at 8:40 AM
Neither of the bunk beds worked for me, didn't show up in bed section.
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th May 2016 at 9:12 AM
@Wrenawild - I noticed you don't have Glamour Life listed under 'Games Owned' on your profile. Do you have Glamour Life installed?
If you do have Glamour Life installed could you try this file, please hun and let me know if the beds show up for you.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 10th May 2016 at 2:39 AM
Thank you! My sims needed some new bunks :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th May 2016 at 5:03 PM
I never even thought this was possible in this game. I'm about to cry.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 11th May 2016 at 1:18 AM
The prices in the post don't match the in-game prices. @Wrenawild, did you look in the 1600 simoleon range?
Theorist
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th May 2016 at 4:06 AM
@dharden, Oops! thanks for picking that up hun, I missed it completely but have fixed it now.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 14th May 2016 at 9:11 PM
What a great idea, thank you!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 15th May 2016 at 10:46 PM
I love the style! Looking forward to seeing how it looks and plays in game!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 19th May 2016 at 2:48 AM
They look amazing
Link Ninja
THANKS POST
#14 Old 27th May 2016 at 2:05 AM
You are a goddess on Earth
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 10:43 AM
You are the only one who make furniture which dont kick me out on the game!!! I love all of them!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 12:08 PM
Wow this looks really awesome! I've always loved this bed in Glamour life SP anyway Thanks!
Test Subject
#17 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 3:31 PM
Thank you for all the bunk beds!

BTW, Pescado's Sleep Clock also works fine, and you don't have to tell sims to use the beds, just setting the Sleep Clock will do all that. (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...opic,142.0.html)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 11:31 PM
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 9:52 PM
Very nice. The addition to the single bed series is great in itself and that bunk beds - fabulous. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 1:33 AM
Thanks again, I just love your furniture
Scholar
#21 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 4:43 AM
I love all of the bunk beds you've made, thank you! Just letting you know though that the top bunk of this particular bed flashes blue once a Sim gets off but is fixed when you use the recoloring tool in Build&Buy. Is there a way to fix this? All other bunk beds work beautifully. I've also noticed my Sims like to autonomously read a book on all of the bunk beds, is this normal? Regardless, thank you.
Theorist
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 1:02 AM
@Fyren5 - Midge the Tree has a mini tutorial to fix the upper bunks, I have all my bunk beds done but unfortunately my computer died and I have not been able to replace it yet. I will be replacing all the bunk bed files, in my posts as soon as I can. If you would like to try fixing it yourself you can find the mini tutorial HERE.

As for the Sims autonomously reading a book on all of the bunk beds, sorry I have not come across that and none of the people who kindly tested the beds for me mentioned anything like that either.

Scholar
#23 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Michelle
@Fyren5 - Midge the Tree has a mini tutorial to fix the upper bunks, I have all my bunk beds done but unfortunately my computer died and I have not been able to replace it yet. I will be replacing all the bunk bed files, in my posts as soon as I can. If you would like to try fixing it yourself you can find the mini tutorial HERE.

As for the Sims autonomously reading a book on all of the bunk beds, sorry I have not come across that and none of the people who kindly tested the beds for me mentioned anything like that either.

No worries, I've actually tried that tutorial but I don't know what any of it means. I don't know how to use SimPE other than to tweak my age mod, BO's Slow Aging Controller and changing household names otherwise I'd try it. I just thought I'd let you know about it, only the Glamour Life bunk bed flashes blue. The others work wonderfully and I love them so much so thank you for creating them!

No worries about the autonomous reading, it isn't too annoying. It was most noticeable on the Glamour Life bunk bed because that was the one that was flashing blue whenever my Sim used it. I'm a very patient person so I'll happily wait for a fix. :lovestruc
Test Subject
#24 Old 3rd Apr 2020 at 2:03 PM Last edited by Ramaloke : 7th Apr 2020 at 10:44 AM.
First of all love this bed

Now few questions
1. How do I put them 90deg??? the legs go through the pillow . tried moveobjects/no snap with no succsess

2. in my game (UC) the upper bunk not showing on community(business) lots is there a way to fix it?

3. encountered a problem on one of the lots. so here are the symptoms

- flashing blue - fixed as in guide posted here

- sims started to have "free will jump bug" turn out its "to many iterations" error with upper bunk
(starting with laziest sim, if sim deleted jumps to next sim)

- removing the bunk from lot fixes everything

- seem to be related to having sims younger then teens on lot (not happened on other lot with teens)
but not completely sure as it can be just bugged lot or something (Jacquets)

- its no related to "read to" bug so NoReadMeVase will not help

- if directed manually sims relaxes/sleeps in it with no problem

its specific and children do tend to grow, just buffled me for hours

This is my first post here YAY!

update: it seems to be conflict with simlers90 sleep mod (some other people having it too), but not on every lot, confusing
Test Subject
#25 Old 31st May 2021 at 4:21 AM
You need to add a tsdesignmodeslavesubsets block in the gmnd with a string frame=detail, otherwise the detail subset doesnt change when you use a different recolor.
Page 1 of 2