Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cooler

by Arsil Posted 9th Jun 2016 at 10:12 PM - Updated 8th Jul 2016 at 9:39 PM by Arsil : Updated

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Inventor
Original Poster
#2 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 10:12 PM Last edited by Arsil : 11th Jun 2016 at 6:21 AM. Reason: SimCola
Default SimCola
This is not much, but it's nice to have a beverage that Sims can store in their inventory
and drink when they want*. So it works well with the cooler (but it's independent from it).

* EDIT: actually also beverages from UL vending machines work that way, my bad.
Then I guess the only merit of mine is to be BG compatible.

Anyway this is called SimCola and is a can. You can find it in the
BuyCatalog/ByFunction/Appliances/Misc
Game version 1.67. I think it is basegame compatible, but I've made it some time ago and I'm not sure.

Note: if you clone the object, re-texture it and change its name (the name is used in the interactions' name)
you can create custom cans. Of course the difference will only be aesthetic.

This object too can be added to the grocery store shopping list using the keyword "ArsilSimCola" in the xml.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Arsil_SimCola.package.zip (8.7 KB, 2288 downloads)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 10:53 PM Last edited by desiree101 : 10th Jun 2016 at 1:21 AM.
Oh my goodness, this is excellent! I can see so much potential for this mod
So is this 'fridge' shared too? I mean, could sims who live in an apartment (one big lot divided into seperate apartments) have their own selected foods in seperate coolers or is the food shared? I've avoided making an apartment for that reason alone, but if this cooler could allow seperate fridge 'inventories' that would be amazing!

Edit: Okay, I've just tested this out and I love it so much! And yes, sims on one lot can have seperate coolers, which means I can have a proper apartment block and sims will have their own foods I know they can't cook the foods straight from the cooler like a normal fridge, but they can cook with the ingredients from their inventory so all I have to do is place the foods they want to use in their inventory - that's great!
Inventor
#4 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 11:25 PM Last edited by Naus Allien : 9th Jun 2016 at 11:52 PM.
Great work again, Arsil!
I have to report a couple of things, though. First, I don't know if I did anything wrong but your cooler appears as a metallic silver sphere, while ATS3's cooler does appear correctly (in App -> Misc) but it mimics the fridge's interactions. Other than that, the cooler sphere seems to work OK. I don't know if this a bug or not, but when you command your Sims to grab something, the plate or drink will appear attached incorrectly to the Sim's hand for a second (before he or she starts eating/drinking).
Screenshots
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 11:59 PM
Oh my!! I love this so much too!!! Thanks for making the mod continuously. I really really thank you!!!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 1:32 AM
Arsil .. You've done it again. This is awesome and so many possibilities for use. Love the fact that multiple sims on a lot can have their own cooler. Thank you a million for this and all your wonderful creations
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 3:58 AM
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 6:04 AM
Thanks so much for these! I know you don't take requests. So this is just a question - do you have any plans to create juice maker?
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 6:34 AM
Sorry for the poorly worded and misleading description, I'll update it soon.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 6:48 AM
Default Thank you!!!
My goodness! This is just just.....awesome! I love the cooler but I'm over the moon about ArsilCola, I can now make custom cans of beer. Any chance these could cool sims down in the summer?

I've been trying to make drinkable water, milk and beer for a while, I found this glass of milk recently and tried all the objk scripts in game to make it drinkable, no dice. The milk object from the Milking it Dairy Coral(Store) has a lovely sitting down animation that works with it but the interaction was buggy and wouldn't end properly.

I'm going to test your Cola Script with the Buffsumm's milk, as soon as I can play.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 10:18 AM
Great idea! Thank you
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 4:03 PM
Cool!
...Pun not intended.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simhanna
My goodness! This is just just.....awesome! I love the cooler but I'm over the moon about ArsilCola, I can now make custom cans of beer. Any chance these could cool sims down in the summer?

I've been trying to make drinkable water, milk and beer for a while, I found this glass of milk recently and tried all the objk scripts in game to make it drinkable, no dice. The milk object from the Milking it Dairy Coral(Store) has a lovely sitting down animation that works with it but the interaction was buggy and wouldn't end properly.

I'm going to test your Cola Script with the Buffsumm's milk, as soon as I can play.

I agree the cola itself is a cool item, apart from the "coolness" of the cooler. I'm looking forward to your water and beer objects, Simhanna. A cooler needs some cola, beer and water, at least mine does.
Inventor
#14 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 5:26 PM Last edited by Naus Allien : 10th Jun 2016 at 7:34 PM.
I finally made it work. There was no way your override would actually override ATS3's cooler (I did put it inside the override folder, while ATS3's coolor was in the package folder). Upon further examination I found out that your overrider and ATS3's cooler have two different instances (0x16E292562BCAF524 vs 0x684411855B257A41), so no wonder it was not working. I decided to change the script of ATS3's cooler and make it draggable. Now it works perfectly.

As regards the SimCola, I love it but I noticed a glitch. It only happens when two Sims are drinking the cola and talking at the same time. Maybe there is a way you can fix it.
Screenshots
Inventor
Original Poster
#15 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 7:11 PM Last edited by Arsil : 10th Jun 2016 at 8:21 PM.
Thanks for the report. Not sure what happened with the IIDs.
It's fixed now. I wonder why no one else said anything about it.
Inventor
#16 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 8:23 PM
You're welcome, Arsil. I also wanted to clarify something you said about UL drinks. The drinks you can buy from the University Life vending machines are both draggable by default and they also are automatically added to a Sims inventory when you buy them. You can of course drag them to the cooler and they will be stored there, but it seems you didn't associate the "Drink..." interaction with these drinks, so I have to take them out from the cooler to the Sims' inventory to drink them. I believe they all share the following script: "Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.SnackEnergyDrink"
I think it's worth checking out...

PS: You could also try to add the opening animation these drinks have to your SimCola.
Screenshots
Inventor
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 8:38 PM
That way it will require UL to work. I don't want that. Thanks for the correction.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 10:30 PM
Gadzooks! Such astounding wizardry! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 1:17 AM
Great idea!!!!! Arsil, you're always making this game better and better!!! <3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 1:50 AM
Cool LOL Sorry could'nt keep it in :D Thank you for making brilliant mods for the best game ;)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 10:35 AM
Finally tried this in game yesterday. It's great! Thanks Arsil! :-)
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 8:31 PM Last edited by simhanna : 13th Jun 2016 at 10:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Thnkr0917
I agree the cola itself is a cool item, apart from the "coolness" of the cooler. I'm looking forward to your water and beer objects, Simhanna. A cooler needs some cola, beer and water, at least mine does.

I'm not skilled enough to be modder, I just tweak things to my liking for my game. All I did was edit Baufive's Glass of water and Buffsumm's Glass of Milk to use the Arsilcola Scriptclass, pretty straight forward if you have s3pe.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm so happy about these mods, its unreal . Thank you Arsil!
Inventor
#23 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 9:28 PM
How hard would it be to enable geostates so it will look like they are actually drink the liquid in those drinks?
I have no idea, but it would be great if someone could do that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 1:45 AM
Brilliant!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 10:24 PM
I thought I would be clever and placed an ice pack into one of your customizable cash registers (the inventory one.) That way, I could send my sim to purchase ice packs without constantly going into buy mode. Or so I thought. Once the pack melts, it disappears from the register. Same thing happened when I tried using the Savvy Seller shelves. Is it possible to suspend the melting timer when an ice pack is "marked for sale" until a sim buys it? I don't want to disable expiration (I have increased melting time to 3 days, however.)

Edit: I just read that it is possible to add ice to the grocery store list? I will give that a try, but it would still be helpful if we could sell ice packs using your custom register (and/or Savvy Seller.)
Page 1 of 2