Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 3:01 PM
Countdown Baby Challenge
So yeah. I decided to try an idea I had a few months back. I doubt someone else already thought of this, but just in case I think I’m the original creator. (If not let me know ^-^)

♥Countdown Baby Challenge♥

As the title states, I’m naming it the countdown baby challenge. You have two sims, with odd genetics (only one can be ‘odd’ if you want but one of the founders HAS to be unique somehow! Hair, eyes, ears, features, stature, etc.) These two sims have to start a family-- however, each generation in this family seems to be struck by some weird need to count down with their kids... *Unbeknownst to them, their lineage is cursed from centuries ago!* So, you have your two founders, And pick a random number (if you want a REALLY random number, it’s best if you randomize a number on this site here: http://www.oswego.org/ocsd-web/game...r/rndnogen.html )

THE NUMBER ROLLED SHALL BE HOW MANY CHILDREN YOUR FOUNDERS WILL BE ABLE TO HAVE. Then the heir shall have the next number down. Once that generation hits their number, they become infertile forever! So pick wisely!

(Regardless what sims game you play, it’d be fun to do!)

The Numbers/Rules:

The generator allows you to pick the number range you'd like to choose from.
-If you roll 0-10 [or 15] you just count by 1′s (Founder has 10 bby’s, heir has 9, next heir has 8, etc.)

-If you roll 0-50 you count by 10′s (Founder has 50, heir has 40, next has 30, etc.)

-If you get crazy and roll 0-100 [or more!] you count by something that makes sense (I won't specify this one because you can choose, don’t want too many nooboo’s!) But if you want to challenge yourself with this, you can do something like counting by 30′s or such.

-You MUST start with an average starter home-- no MOTHERLODE to get your house!! It will be expanded as the family grows (or will it?)

-Each child should be born when the current child becomes a toddler, no matter what your age span is!

-YOU LOSE 75PTS FOR EVERY CHILD TAKEN AWAY BY CHILD SERVICES OR LEFT TO DIE!

-YOU GAIN 50PTS FOR EVERY CHILD THAT LEARNS ALL KID SKILLS BEFORE AGING TO A TEEN! ex. potty, xylophone, blocks, walk, talk, play table, baking, etc. Encourage them!

-Try and set a goal for every generation's genes. Do you want the 2nd heir to have his grandma's odd-shaped head? Guess ahead before every next generation for extra points! *20pts per inherited gene you guessed*

-Each generation's heir has to start with one of the babies with the ‘unique’ trait (like how I made Dad’s hair white w/ big round ears and Mama’s purple and black w/ long pointy ears, the heir will have to have something like purple and white hair, or one parent’s ears with the other’s hair.)

-GAIN 20PTS FOR BECOMiNG BEST FRIENDS WITH EACH CHILD.

-You can twist and turn the challenge to however it’ll be fun for you, but the numbers MUST stick! (no skipping a baby, no preggo mods, no skipping a generation, etc)

-For every child, you MUST raise them to teen, get them jobs, keep them in school, and have them help with bills/expanding on the house. BUT you CANNOT play as them once they become teens and have a job, ONLY AUTONOMOUS INTERACTIONS!

-Once you get to 0, your challenge is over with that family (if you so choose). You can start again with the last baby, or with another family! If you hated it you can even vow to never do this challenge again!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 2:13 PM
*NOTE* If the points are too confusing, you can opt to play without them!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 4:24 PM
Hey! I'm going to do this challenge! <3 I have no idea if I'll finish it or not because I tend to get distracted then not want to play that family anymore. I just have one question. What if the one founders/heir doesn't reach the number of kids they're supposed to? I'm going to start this once/if my question gets answered. xD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Jul 2016 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HorseSimmer09
Hey! I'm going to do this challenge! <3 I have no idea if I'll finish it or not because I tend to get distracted then not want to play that family anymore. I just have one question. What if the one founders/heir doesn't reach the number of kids they're supposed to? I'm going to start this once/if my question gets answered. xD

If they purposefully don't, then they'd most likely curse their family and have to start all over again! (Can be with another family member) ^-^
If it's by accident/death/etc, it gets passed to the closest living relative. If no relatives, then I guess it's void
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Jul 2016 at 8:17 PM
this very cool im going to make a lets play about it

but i wont be up yet
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 12:09 AM
What do you do in terms of aging the children up? Do they have to live out their lifespan and only age up on their birthday or can we employ the 100 Baby Challenge rules and age them up once they've learnt their applicable skills and attained an A grade in school? Also, I assume that if we're playing on a normal lifespan then we can use ambrosia and other such things to allow our sims to live long enough to have the required amount of children? Sorry for all of the questions!
Instructor
#7 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 8:04 PM
Oh boy, this is right up my alley. Doing the first version and I rolled a 10. Going to berry-fy it to make it interesting as well.
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 10:55 PM
Question: Is this like a usual 10 generation challenge or what? What happens if you get a really low number that doesn't allow you to count down all the way to 10 generations, like starting out with five, for example?
Instructor
#9 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 12:03 AM
I guess you can re-roll.
Even having a 5 can be interesting. Gen 1 has 5 kids, then next has 4, and then 3... that's a lot of kids to handle.
My number was 10 and I'm not in a big house so I'm dreading it.
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 3:27 PM
I absolutely love this challenge! Just one question though. Would it be ok to roll a different number for each generation?
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 2:18 AM
Going to give this a try.. sounds like fun!