Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 9:05 PM Last edited by maxon : 12th Aug 2016 at 4:17 PM.
Default Ice Cream Testing
I've been making ice creams based on Crocobaura's vanilla ice cream found here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=223591
which I've always liked and I've been further inspired by InLoveWithRed's recent sherbets.

I decided to open an ice cream parlour in Polgannon (and probably Little Carping too). It's summer there and every seaside town needs an ice cream parlour. Also it gives me a chance to make some food items which I've never done before. Anyway, if any of you have a little time, I'd like to have the first completed ice cream tested if possible. If you can do one or more of the following, that'd be great:

1. Test it works as a food properly in your game - it's cloned from the jelly/gelatine thing so needs no cooking. You make it through Make one/Make many and it's called Black Cherry Ice Cream. There are six servings.
2. Make sure the sims are using a spoon to eat it (and it's not throwing an error on that)
3. That you can stack it six deep in the Decra chill cabinets
4. Say whether you like it or not - I'm hoping to do a whole series of these using the same design so they look like a brand

Some pics to show what it looks like in my game (where it seems to be working ok - I've been testing).

I'd advise to do this in a throwaway hood since custom foods can get entangled with regular sims as a favourite food. Shouldn't really be a problem in an established hood but it's better to be on the safe side. There are three files, one for the ice cream, one for the bucket and one for the plate. The plate is by Crocobaura and if you have her vanilla or other ice creams, you'll probably have this file (or any by InLoveWithRed or lientebollemeis for that matter).

[[[File removed because of issue - see below]]]
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 2:42 PM
Hello Maxon,

I`ve tested the Ice Cream in my Game. I have the UC and i generated a new NB without Downloads.
All is well (except one error)
My Testsim can make one or many, they use a spoon, i can stack it in the Decra chill cabinets and i like it really.
But, when my Testsim eat alone, all is good. When she have a visitor, the first Sim after my Sim, eats the Ice Cream, then
suddenly this sim jumped away from the chair (jumping bug). In the Config.log there is a error note:
"Error: IK target animation cannot find bone on other object"

Then i tested the Original "Vanilla Ice Cream" from Crocobaura and no error appears.

I´m not a native english speaker.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 3:35 PM Last edited by maxon : 12th Aug 2016 at 4:21 PM.
OK thanks @Tigercat58 for the report - I can try and test that though I had two sims eating the stuff without a problem. I can't think what would affect a second sim eating a food like that. I haven't adjusted anything other than the behaves which govern creating the object (the ice cream). Hmmmm.

Update: OK I seem to have been able to duplicate that result and it seems to be to do with changing the cutlery to a spoon. I've changed it back with this version of the files. If you have time, would it be possible for you to test this version of the ice cream and make sure it's not erroring for you? Thanks.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  BlackCherryIceCream.rar (394.7 KB, 13 downloads) - View custom content

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 6:46 PM
So, i tested the new version.
Now, everything is fine. (It´s a little bit sad, thats the spoon doesn´t work)

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tigercat58
So, i tested the new version.
Now, everything is fine. (It´s a little bit sad, thats the spoon doesn´t work)

That's great @Tigercat58 - thanks for your report. I've been working on it this afternoon too and I'm not seeing errors now either. Agreed - bummer.

Still I have now completed:

Black Cherry
Blueberry
Mint & Chocolate
Pistachio

and am about to do

Coffee
Chocolate

Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 8:15 PM
I've always wanted to make an ice cream parlour! :-) I will have a shot at play testing the Black Cherry one when I load the game in a little bit.

Will you be making any other flavours (other than the ones listed in your last post)?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 8:52 PM
Black Cherry
Blueberry
Mint Chocolate
Pistachio
Chocolate
Coffee
Neopolitan
Praline
Strawberry
Chocolate Orange
Tutti Frutti
Raspberry Ripple

There are 12 planned. I've made six but I'm on the home stretch now. Having said that, I've had another idea about a possible feature...

Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Black Cherry
Blueberry
Mint Chocolate
Pistachio
Chocolate
Coffee
Neopolitan
Praline
Strawberry
Chocolate Orange
Tutti Frutti
Raspberry Ripple

There are 12 planned. I've made six but I'm on the home stretch now. Having said that, I've had another idea about a possible feature...

A good selection! :-) You're not going to do a vanilla one to match your "brand", then?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 9:31 PM Last edited by maxon : 12th Aug 2016 at 9:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
A good selection! :-) You're not going to do a vanilla one to match your "brand", then?

I could do, mind you Crocobaura did a vanilla one (it's the base for the cloning). Mind you she did a chocolate one too.

Some more pics. I'm quite pleased with the Neapolitan.
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 10:49 PM
Some more pics. I'm quite pleased with the Neapolitan.

Oh, they look great

My favourite Ice Cream´s are Banana Split, Coconut and Yoghurt, yummy

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 11:21 PM
Looks good, shame about the spoon. Does this mean a spoon isn't possible?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 11:35 PM
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 10:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Looks good, shame about the spoon. Does this mean a spoon isn't possible?

I think we must be missing something - a ink - in SimPE. It seems to be related to the animation.

Last four today:
Strawberry
Chocolate Orange
Tutti Frutti
Raspberry Ripple
I stopped last night because I started making mistakes and was tired.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 10:25 AM
We bought some American ice cream that was pretty good, peanut butter and pretzel.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 11:12 AM Last edited by maxon : 13th Aug 2016 at 9:44 PM.
Hmmmm - I'm having an issue cloning the Crocobaura Mango ice cream from here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=223589

It's odd because I haven't had trouble cloning the other ice creams. I wonder if @crocobaura has any insight to what the problem is. This is the error I'm getting. It's

Change graphic expression called on non 3D object

and seems to be related to the Cres though I'm not sure that makes sense.

Edit: I R fixed it - so file removed

Mad Poster
#16 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 12:22 PM
I could do, mind you Crocobaura did a vanilla one (it's the base for the cloning).

I would love to have a vanilla one to match the rest of your ice creams :-D

This thread is making me want to visit the ice cream place near to my parents' - Hooray's. Fortunately I'm going to visit my parents soon, so yay, ice cream! :-)
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 3:43 PM
Black Cherry
Blueberry
Mint Chocolate
Pistachio
Chocolate
Coffee
Neopolitan
Praline
Strawberry
Chocolate Orange
Tutti Frutti
Raspberry Ripple

@Maxon
I'm glad people get inspired by my ideas like InLoveWithRed and you.
We'll have to make sure thought that we don't do double work, cause some I have some of these flavors ready too.
But maybe as the bucket(s) I use look different than yours, it doesn't matter as we both upload the same flavors. It's just another brand, with the same flavor.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
@Maxon
I'm glad people get inspired by my ideas like InLoveWithRed and you.
We'll have to make sure thought that we don't do double work, cause some I have some of these flavors ready too.
But maybe as the bucket(s) I use look different than yours, it doesn't matter as we both upload the same flavors. It's just another brand, with the same flavor.

Yes, that's right. Another brand with the same flavour. I think many people will be quite happy with that. Besides I made these mostly for myself but will share them because that's fun. I'm not going to be worried if there are duplicates of my flavours out there. People will chose what they like to have in their games.

I'm done with the ice creams now and am finalising the pictures. The only question is, should I include the wallpapers and flooring with this upload or save that till later.
Screenshots

Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 4:04 PM
I would do that in a seperate thread, but link to it into each thread.
Seperate because it's in another downloadsection and otherwise people won't find it.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 5:11 PM
I would love to have a vanilla one to match the rest of your ice creams :-D

Just for you
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#21 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 5:29 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 14th Aug 2016 at 5:54 PM.
Just for you

I love you! :lovestruc

The picture of the ice cream parlour looks awesome too, I can't wait for you to upload everything! :-) (and I agree that it would be best to upload the walls/floors in a separate thread, so they're findable).

I started making a load of CC for an ice cream parlour once, but I didn't get very far..... Perhaps I'll get back to it one day!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 6:41 PM
You should, those drinks in particular would be an excellent addition to a parlour.

Mad Poster
#23 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 7:07 PM
I love the Black Cherry Ice Cream! :-D

My test sim, Rebecca McTest, opened a small restaurant and shop. She was able to put six cartons of ice cream in a Decra-Chill cabinet, set them for sale, show one of them to her townie sister, Abigail, sell the carton of ice cream to her sister and then persuade her sister to visit the restaurant section of the business, where she thoroughly enjoyed her dish of Black Cherry ice cream! :-D

Any chance you'd consider making a banana ice cream to add to your set, Maxon?
Screenshots
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 7:26 PM
Any chance you'd consider making a banana ice cream to add to your set, Maxon?

ooooo - maybe.

(It'd up the set from 13 including your vanilla to 14 which is much safer) - let me see. I uploaded just now. Thanks for the test and confirmation.

Mad Poster
#25 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 7:28 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 14th Aug 2016 at 8:18 PM.
ooooo - maybe.

(It'd up the set from 13 including your vanilla to 14 which is much safer) - let me see. I uploaded just now. Thanks for the test and confirmation.

Banana ice cream is my Mum's favourite (and my third favourite) ice cream :-D

I'm so excited to download all the flavours! :-)

And I found a picture of my last attempt at an ice cream parlour. I want to build another one!

**ETA** I found the upload! :-D Checking it out now.

**ETA** Now I want to recolour AbstractSIMmer187's milkshakes to match each of your ice cream flavours! Apart from Neopolitan, that would taste weird, I think. The milkshakes is kind of the main reason I'd like a Banana ice cream, as I already made the milkshake (if I can find it!).

And I could do sherbet/sorbet slushies to match InLoveWithRed's sherbets as well.......
Page 1 of 2