Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 7:43 AM
TSRW will not install. . . Asked for assistance in April at TSR - still waiting !
Hello most talented of the talented! You are my last hope . . . In April I attempted to download a new version of TSRW to create cc for TS3. It had been awhile since I tried it out, there were new tutorials.. yada yah. So I download the program. Open it up in Winrar. Click through to install. And then immediately upon pressing install I get the following error message. I posted in the TSR help forums in April. Since then I had 1 reply and it was not helpful. They had suggested removing TSRW from WinRAR and then installing it, which I tried and got the same error. I have tried manually installing SlimDX that the error is talking about. Still no change. Someone! Please! Help!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 9:55 AM
First of all, installing the latest TSRW is defenitly not worth your time, since it has bugs that could even corrupt your clothing, objects or even walls/floors. Not only that, but it's extremely buggy and I just can't work with it the way it is now. You can have an older version here: http://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.co...005426/tsrw-172

Now sometimes it does work to install it from 7zip if you want to get extremely hopeful, but this issue is likely the problem that you've either already installed SlimDX (Especially when you play not just the sims but more games.) But do ALWAYS unpack any TSRW versions and install them from there. Else you will get stuck with WinRAR adding more space to your computer because when you open it through WinRAR (like just clicking on it in the WinRAR window). I even had stuff that were almost 1GB that I did this with and I ended up losing 1GB because I clicked on it. I usually delete them from here: C:\Users\%YOURNAME%\AppData

Anyway! Try the version from my tumblr. I've been working with it for almost 2 years probably. I do know the floors texture aren't correctly showing up, but I've got a version as well if you were planning on making Walls or floors.

If you keep getting issues, I suppose you should check first in Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features if SlimDX is even listed in there. Else, delete it from your computer, restart it and Reistall it without TSRW: https://slimdx.org/download.php
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 4:10 PM
Thank you so much for your reply!! I downloaded your version of TSRW. And I get the same error. I deleted the old SlimDX file that I previously downloaded and downloaded the one you linked me to, but (and this might sound strange) idk how to install it. It saves as an FFV file. I did a quick search and couldn't really find anything useful on how I am supposed to install that. So. I guess my issue is that SlimDX is not installed. I confirmed this by going to the Program Features as suggested and I don't see SlimDX or TSRW.

With all this hassle, I'm starting to question if I need to use TSRW to make and create cc. I saw a comment by one of (the modders who SAVED my game- and the only reason I can still play TS3 at all) and they said they have NEVER used TSRW. D:

So is there another way to make cc, not using TSRW? All I want to do (atm) is create my own cc meshes for toddlers. I want more "baby" clothes options for my toddlers, so they look younger. That's all I really want to do. If there is a way I can accomplish this and NOT use TSRW - please share! ...because I am becoming more and more frustrated with each time it fails.
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 7:52 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 23rd Aug 2016 at 8:02 PM.
As an FFV file? you did download the links under 'End User Runtime' tab and with this choice between 86x and 64x right? (The NET 2.0)

TSRW however is an easier program to begin with if you're just starting making CC. But believe me, I've been making CC for 2 years now and I find myself using TSRW over CTU since CTU and I... well it never does what I want XD Even though I follow all steps of a tutorial i'm following. But there are people who like CTU over TSRW. It's just a bit more advanced.

Object creating is even more advanced if you compare it to TSRW method and the actual object creating. I do have a great tutorial for the non-TSRW way though!

But for the baby clothing you might be interested in CTU. I never have really worked with baby/toddler/children clothing with it though. But it might work out for you!
Instructor
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 9:23 PM
The last version of TSRW is really that bugged @Greenplumbbob ? :o

When you talk about corruption, do you mean that the things we create can corrupt the game ?
Or do you mean that just installing it can corrupt the game ? :o

I downloaded it, and it's the 2.2.34.0, right ?
If so, what version should I use then, given that I have all EP and SP ?

And if I get an older version, I just need to uninstall the current TSRW and intall the other, that's all ?
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 9:31 PM
Sadly yeah >-< I contacted TSRW months ago but not much happened. It could cause the game not reading things correctly. Or things won't show up great at all! Even though you've been doing this the same way for years and it has always worked. And it's mainly TSRW's import/export plugin that corrupts things for CASparts especially.

About versions, I tried any version that came with TS4 as well and it just... didn't work for me. It was too buggy and just broken when it comes to importing actual good WSO files. as mesh.

But I would install the version I linked if you're having any issues as well. THat's the only way to fix it. Back then you just had to replace the plugin folder with the plugin folder of an older TSRW version but of course they blocked that function from working.
Instructor
#7 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 8:10 AM Last edited by linesa : 24th Aug 2016 at 10:43 AM.
All, right, thanks for the infos @Greenplumbbob ^^
I downloaded your version of TSRW ^^

Do you also have a link of the version you use for floor and walls please ? Just in case ^^
Virtual gardener
#8 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 11:24 AM
I almost gave you one of the latest versions. There are waaay to many versions with '8' in it XD. Anyway! Here you go:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ninczglje...2_0_88.rar?dl=0
Instructor
#9 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 11:55 AM
Ha ha, you're right @Greenplumbbob XD

Thank you very much :D

Can I use that version for making clothes too, or should I just use the other version you gave for that ?

I also checked your tumblr, it's a really good and helpful one :D
Virtual gardener
#10 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 11:57 AM
Yep you can! the other one is the one I work with, but since I don't really do Walls and floors, I don't really use that version at all.
Instructor
#11 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 12:22 PM
All right, thank you very much for your help and explanations @Greenplumbbob :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 8:18 PM
[QUOTE=Greenplumbbob]As an FFV file? you did download the links under 'End User Runtime' tab and with this choice between 86x and 64x right? (The NET 2.0)

Yes. Thats the one. I downloaded the x64 (pretty sure thats the one I need - I hope at least) And yes an FFV. I have no idea what to do with it. . Aside from that, I looked in my Program Files and under "Turn on or off" Windows Files and it says I have .NET framework 3.5 which includes 2.0 and 3.0. I also have .NET Framework 4.5 and they are all turned on. - I'm assuming those are what it says its missing right? So now. I'm really confused. Unless those aren't what I am missing . . and if not, what do I do with this FFV file?
Screenshots
Virtual gardener
#13 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 7:57 AM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 25th Aug 2016 at 8:22 AM.
So far I can tell from what SlimDX is, it's a tool that works with framework and directx 9-10-11 And it does need framework (VS 2010) which is, so far I know, the 4.0 version. And since SlimDX is the first program TSRW will install, it might even be the fact it didn't find framework 4.0. Although from my experience, it should work with framework 2.0, but it's worth a shot

But to know for sure if there is a SlimDX I would check out if it's even listed in control panel > uninstall programs, and if it is listed, uninstall it, then reinstall it. If that doesn't work, maybe your frameworks versions got corrupted somehow, so I would uninstall these and reinstall them again if you keep having the issue.

Edit: I found the path where it should be installed. Just in case if the control panel doesn't see your slimDX: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_64\SlimDX\v4.0_4.0.13.43__b1b0c32fd1ffe4f9 (This is from a windows 7 computer, but i'm pretty sure different windows versions got it reinstalled in the same path.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
So far I can tell from what SlimDX is, it's a tool that works with framework and directx 9-10-11 And it does need framework (VS 2010) which is, so far I know, the 4.0 version. And since SlimDX is the first program TSRW will install, it might even be the fact it didn't find framework 4.0. Although from my experience, it should work with framework 2.0, but it's worth a shot

But to know for sure if there is a SlimDX I would check out if it's even listed in control panel > uninstall programs, and if it is listed, uninstall it, then reinstall it. If that doesn't work, maybe your frameworks versions got corrupted somehow, so I would uninstall these and reinstall them again if you keep having the issue.

Edit: I found the path where it should be installed. Just in case if the control panel doesn't see your slimDX: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_64\SlimDX\v4.0_4.0.13.43__b1b0c32fd1ffe4f9 (This is from a windows 7 computer, but i'm pretty sure different windows versions got it reinstalled in the same path.

So you're saying I should download the 4.0 version. I have 2.0, 3.0 3.5, and 4.5 - figures it would be the one that wasn't listed. I am on Windows 8.1 btw When I go into the Installed Programs it only shows C++ in terms of Windows Programs... there is a separate section for Windows Programs and Features and to turn them on and off .. thats is where that screen-shot came from. I'm going to locate a SlimDx Runtime 4.0 program. Reboot and I'll be back to let you know what happened.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stephiebaby
So you're saying I should download the 4.0 version. I have 2.0, 3.0 3.5, and 4.5 - figures it would be the one that wasn't listed. I am on Windows 8.1 btw When I go into the Installed Programs it only shows C++ in terms of Windows Programs... there is a separate section for Windows Programs and Features and to turn them on and off .. thats is where that screen-shot came from. I'm going to locate a SlimDx Runtime 4.0 program. Reboot and I'll be back to let you know what happened.

Well.. that was the plan. Turns out that 4.0 x64 is no longer available on that server.. have you got a link > ?
Screenshots
Virtual gardener
#16 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 1:38 PM
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Oh no wait I was talking about framework not SlimDX XD My bad: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dow...s.aspx?id=17851

As I expected ... my system says I already have it. smh. I'm about to go figure out a way to make cc w/o using TSRW ... this is just getting ridiculous. LOL. Do you by chance have a link for SlimDX 2.0- ya know just in case? (Remember the previous one was downloading as an FFV file) Since when I used TSRW in the past, it wasn't too complicated and since most tutorials are based around it. -sigh-
Screenshots
Virtual gardener
#18 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 2:15 PM
This is the direct download link from the page I linked: http://slimdx.googlecode.com/files/...y%202012%29.msi

EDIT: wait I didn't realise there was an error. Try this one instead: http://web.archive.org/web/20150601...y%202012%29.msi

Make sure you're on 2015 and click may 11th.