Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 2:37 PM
Default Modify moodlet value of filthy for Slob Sims, to avoid Uncomfortable state?
One of the little annoyances I've found is that ALL Sims, including ones with the Slob trait, will go into Uncomfortable emotion when their hygiene is low. For normal Sims, it makes perfect sense, but IMO Sims with the Slob trait really shouldn't receive negative moodlet values if they start to stink, haha. AFAIK, that's how the grungy moodlet worked in TS3, all Sims received negative points for grungy, but Slobs still got the moodlet with no drawbacks.

Would this be an easy mod to make? I figure you'd just need to either make a new trait that modifies how much the filthy moodlet impacts you, or change the Slob trait to do the same. Hell, even a universal fix so that no one gets Uncomfortable +2 would be fine by me.

I'm new to modding so I figure I could tackle it myself using tools like Sims 4 Trait Factory, though if someone with more know-how were willing to help out a poor soul, I'd be super duper appreciative too :D
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by forest_wanderer
One of the little annoyances I've found is that ALL Sims, including ones with the Slob trait, will go into Uncomfortable emotion when their hygiene is low. For normal Sims, it makes perfect sense, but IMO Sims with the Slob trait really shouldn't receive negative moodlet values if they start to stink, haha. AFAIK, that's how the grungy moodlet worked in TS3, all Sims received negative points for grungy, but Slobs still got the moodlet with no drawbacks.

Would this be an easy mod to make? I figure you'd just need to either make a new trait that modifies how much the filthy moodlet impacts you, or change the Slob trait to do the same. Hell, even a universal fix so that no one gets Uncomfortable +2 would be fine by me.

I'm new to modding so I figure I could tackle it myself using tools like Sims 4 Trait Factory, though if someone with more know-how were willing to help out a poor soul, I'd be super duper appreciative too :D

It's just only my opinion but i'd be looking for everything about "dirty" buff (i just don't know how it's called right 'cause i play with another language) and slob trait using S4Studio and i'd be looking for any information about it in found xml files. Maybe just simple tuning will be enouth.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Galaxy777
It's just only my opinion but i'd be looking for everything about "dirty" buff (i just don't know how it's called right 'cause i play with another language) and slob trait using S4Studio and i'd be looking for any information about it in found xml files. Maybe just simple tuning will be enouth.

Do you think it's something I'd be able to do through S4PE? I haven't downloaded S4Studio yet.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 3:24 AM
Do you think it's something I'd be able to do through S4PE? I haven't downloaded S4Studio yet.

The Sims 4 XML Extractor tool made by scumbumbo will extract all the XML files to your harddrive and you can read through them at your leisure. Afterwards, one uses s4pe to import an XML file(s) into a new .package to be used as a mod. It isn't possible to read through these XML files using only s4pe.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 8:22 AM
Sims4Studio actually makings tuning mods a whole load easier than the longer winded way of using Extractor and S4PE. It's worth trying it first. It's free to download.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 6:13 AM
Turns out I was able to just modify it globally, by editing the xml files in S4PE. Filthy no longer grants uncomfortable to Sims. it's not ideal since I'd rather it appear on just Sims with the Slob trait, but it's better than nothing I guess.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 8:53 PM
One thing I noticed is that Grungy will still pop up for non-Slobs, and grant Uncomfortable. It never shows up for Slobs though, which begs the question why they bothered coding it so that Slobs won't ever care if they're grungy, but the little bit extra movement towards no-hygiene will trigger filthy and make them uncomfortable... I can try editing that moodlet too.

Would anyone be interested in me uploading these mods at all? Just figured I'd ask.
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 9:46 PM
One thing I noticed is that Grungy will still pop up for non-Slobs, and grant Uncomfortable. It never shows up for Slobs though, which begs the question why they bothered coding it so that Slobs won't ever care if they're grungy, but the little bit extra movement towards no-hygiene will trigger filthy and make them uncomfortable... I can try editing that moodlet too.

Would anyone be interested in me uploading these mods at all? Just figured I'd ask.
i love to see that as a mod i like my slob sims HAHAHA XD