Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 12:52 AM
Default Question about broken clothing
Hello everyone,

I've downloaded quite a lot of clothing for my sims from The Sims Resource and also from MTS. In game I am obsessed with creating new sims and dress them in the new available clothing... But I found a few pieces that created weird glitches or even the middle part of a sim disappeared in transparency. The problem is, I placed of course all files in folders with the creators names in my mod folder, but I have no idea in game to find out which clothing was from which creator... Is there any easy way to sort the broken CC out?

Without needing to restart the game like literally 100 times?

Thanks guys! I appreciate your input.

The Truth is out there!
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 7:24 AM
I don't know of any easy way. You might speed it up by removing one creator folder at a time since it seems likely the same person might have created more than one piece of defective CC. You can also try the 50-50 method: remove half of the content and see if the problems are gone, then remove half of the remaining, etc. That's best when trying to find one broken mod but might be helpful.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Forum Resident
#3 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tanja1986
Hello everyone,

I've downloaded quite a lot of clothing for my sims from The Sims Resource and also from MTS. In game I am obsessed with creating new sims and dress them in the new available clothing... But I found a few pieces that created weird glitches or even the middle part of a sim disappeared in transparency. The problem is, I placed of course all files in folders with the creators names in my mod folder, but I have no idea in game to find out which clothing was from which creator... Is there any easy way to sort the broken CC out?

Without needing to restart the game like literally 100 times?

Thanks guys! I appreciate your input.

You can use the Sims Tray Importer to create a sim with all the crap clothing (save the sim to your library), close the game, use the importer and it will tell you what is on the sim. I also use Sims 4 studio for objects, but the importer will work with houses as well.

http://luniversims.com/files/file/7...-tray-importer/