Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 5:05 PM Last edited by sam&skye : 11th Oct 2016 at 6:19 PM.
Default How to get 4 counters (counter + middle piece, left/right) into one object
I've downloaded a kitchen set, and the counter is actually 4 counters that show up in the catalog. Instead of it adjusting its shape when placed next to other counters, you need to manually grab the single one with 4 legs, the left or right one with 2 legs or the middle piece without legs.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...tpk/id/1105765/

I'd like to turn those counters into one object that "notices" if it's supposed to be a middle, left or right piece.

Are there any tutorials that could help? Googling brought up nothing. I don't know how complicated this actually is, I just don't really know what to look for. So any hints where I can start figuring this out are appreciated too.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 12:07 AM
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Oct 2016 at 2:31 AM Last edited by sam&skye : 14th Oct 2016 at 2:48 AM.
But won't I just end up with the same counter? I mean it's already 4 fully functioning counters that go around corners and adjust accordingly when you place big appliances in them and all that. I think they even all already are clones of Numenor's templates, Steffor left the "CustomName" part in a few places that is mentioned in Numenor's instructions. I'm confused about how to get the standalone/middle/left/right pieces into one. I don't think those templates contain anything like that, but I can be wrong.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 14th Oct 2016 at 11:16 AM
The templates contain multiple meshes inside the package. Counters have an east/west end, corner, counter only, and a few other options. The placement of each is controlled by BHAVs, and the game knows which is which by mesh names and the rest of the linkage in the scenegraph.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Oct 2016 at 12:00 PM
Oh, I got the wrong one then. I just noticed I'll have to abandon this one anyway, because the corner is the countertop only so if counters placed next to others automatically "lose" their legs it will look strange.
I'll still have a look at this though, wanna learn stuff after all. So thanks for helping.