Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2016 at 3:29 AM
Default I still don't get it....
I was trying to upload this house for the first time and I was really happy how the house looked (well in my opinion anyways). So I submitted days ago and yes there were some issues with the description which was rated a 1 star and with the architecture of it where I was rated with a 2 star, the mod said it was too boxy. So I made the description and left a tiny note for the mod saying it was intended to be like that, since I thought to myself maybe the mod would understand it, right? Well whaddya know, I was wrong. It was sent back again and required changes still regarding the architecture and the mod said that a house the architecture should be more than just four walls and a roof and that she understands that it is a tiny house. I didn't know what to do, since I didn't want to change the over-all look of it. Then I just thought maybe it just needed a little more flowers, some columns, a backyard and maybe some more things to make this house look the part. So I added those and re-uploaded. But still no luck I was still rejected. So now I turn to you guys, since I still don't get what I have to do.....suggestions would really help a whole lot..
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Oct 2016 at 3:52 AM
When they say too boxy they mean the house is too much like a box and needs the shape changing. Adding a garden is always a good idea but doesn't address what the mod said to do. I'm not sure how building works in TS4, you can draw out just single walls? Change the shape by making the corners a different shape or jutting out the building at the front, or some small change like that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Oct 2016 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
When they say too boxy they mean the house is too much like a box and needs the shape changing. Adding a garden is always a good idea but doesn't address what the mod said to do. I'm not sure how building works in TS4, you can draw out just single walls? Change the shape by making the corners a different shape or jutting out the building at the front, or some small change like that.

Well in TS4 there's an option for drawing single walls. Buuuuuuuut, I know I seem stubborn buuuuut I don't see the house having diagonals. Plus if I cut out some corners it would tighten the space might have no room for the stairs. As for jutting out the building, I just think it would be considered as still too boxy.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Oct 2016 at 4:43 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 14th Oct 2016 at 4:58 AM.
I wouldn't cut diagonals, I would draw a wall out one square, then go along two, down the other side two and back in one, and do that on each corner up to the roof. So it appears as structural modern columns on each corner. Does that make sense? Kind of hard to describe. On those corners I would have no windows just paint of plaster.

I took some shots. I only play sims 2, so sims 2 shots.

If it's large enough

corners like that. Your house might be too small for that to work on the corners.

Or

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Oct 2016 at 1:40 PM Last edited by TaijaT : 14th Oct 2016 at 2:45 PM.
The second shape is better looking in my opinion.
I'm not sure if this is helpful at all but it is kind of hard to see this tiny house in your original screenshots with a grid on. You can turn it off by pressing G when in build mode to make the screenshots better. Also adding the text somewhere (in description or whatever) which floor is which helps to get an idea of the house. Tiny can be cute, so don't give up.